Are you tied to your clubs?

I always take my gamer set. This thread made me think, I have 5 sets of irons and none are over 5 years old, I think I have a problem and also I think I need to sell a few on the bay.

Golf clubs are for golf, which means if I'm not playing soon or I'm not working on them, they're out of my head.

When I get assigned to long-term projects I have a golf set there, usually an old one. I have an extra old set that doesn't have a location so that's waiting for a prospective project. That also means I have no excuse to build a new set because I have one extra. I've played both good and bad games with all these sets, so whatever is conveniently near is what gets used.

I'm stopping leaving sets with friends who use them because the set I left with one guy is missing some sticks, like all my TM 320 rifle shaft irons.

The current gamer set comes along for golf trips. That said, it's not a joke lugging these guys around in airports and taxis, for the few times I bring them around they almost got lost twice. One of these times I refused to board a flight without my set being loaded on the plane.

They're faithful soldiers, and I treat them that way, but hey, they're not my kids.

I keep an old set at our condo in Florida so I don't have to drag mine there 3-4 times each year. I don't care what old set it is, I just like my clubs to fit. I also bring my own set when I travel. My biggest problem with rentals is the irons are too upright(I am 2-3 degrees flat) and also the shafts on the woods are not likely to be a very good fit for me(I play a low spin, lower launch, X flex in all my woods). I also play a putter with 7 degrees of loft, a flatter than standard lie angle and a head that's in the 390 gram range. I can actually putt pretty good with just about any putter but if I'm going to drop $100-$300 per round on resort golf I'd just assume have my own sticks.

I only dance with one set,and one set only. They are with me through thick and thin mostly the first

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I have one set that I use all the time. I've used rentals before when I was out of the country. But, if I travel, I bring my set with me.

Do you take your clubs where ever you go? Do you rent clubs when you travel? Do you keep a 2nd or 3rd set at another home?

I'm just curious if you feel like your game is tied to your clubs, or if you're comfortable enough that you can score with anything?

I keep a set a each of my summer homes, but I can't seem to leave my regular clubs at home. I have gotten so comfortable with them that I just don't want to leave them behind (maybe I'm afraid they'll be jealous.)

And I never rent clubs.

I am totally tied to my set.

my clubs are always with me. In whatever vehicle I'm driving. I'm addicted to golf so I have to have my fix. I do have a second set of clubs that are designated as "Flying" clubs so my current gamers don't get damaged. Current gamers are Bridgestone J15's and "Flyer's" are Bridgestone J40's. I have never rented clubs.

Just one set. Take them with me when traveling instead of renting, even if its just 1 round.

Just one set. Take them with me when traveling instead of renting, even if its just 1 round.

See, I think that's the best policy. I don't know what a lot of clubs charge for rentals, but I know I've seen resorts advertise anywhere between $50-100 for a set.... I don't have to pay for bags on flights, but if you're the type that does, it seems to make more sense just to pay the $25 each way. Right?

I'd say I'm completely tied to my set because I've customized them to just the way I like. Also, I'm too cheap to rent clubs when I travel.

I'm not renting. And it's not just the clubs. Everything else in my bag plays a factor. A comfort factor I guess.

I just got fitted recently sop I pretty much sleep with them.

I only play with my set, I also bring it with me when I travel. However, I've had issues where my clubs/luggage didn't make my destination and I've had to rent clubs. I usually just call ahead and make sure they have decent rentals (for lefties) and I've always played the newest clubs from manufacturers.

In hindsight, it's nice to try out different clubs on the course. However, I'd still prefer my own sticks.

one set..........

I have one set, but I could use a rental set without issue probably. It is just golf after all

I have a righty set for you to try. And we're playing for money!

I always use my clubs. The game is hard enough without having to adjust to new equipment.

one set for me, but have and can play just fine with other clubs. just prefer my own.

I just play to have fun. If I play when I'm out traveling, I rent. I guess I can understand why some, for whom golf is their life, use their own clubs but for me it's a game that brings me immense enjoyment... but not worth lugging those clubs around the country.

I have always taken my own clubs, but when we go to England next year, if we play, we'll use rentals.

One set that I use whenever/wherever I play. I'm not "tied" to them in that they stay in the garage - I don't take them everywhere with me, only to the golf course.

One set that I use whenever/wherever I play. I'm not "tied" to them in that they stay in the garage - I don't take them everywhere with me, only to the golf course.

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

One set. Any chance of playing one round, they are flying/riding with me.
I do want to build a left over set to keep at a second home, but I'm lacking irons that fit. Have a nice putter, good extra wedges, driver, 3w, hybrid, bag,shoes,etc.. But my only extra irons are Eye2 black dots

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Tere was a time when my clubs went everywhere with me. Now, they stay in the car, but if I travel, I need to plan ahead. Rest assured that if the opportunity presents itself I take them with me though. Yes Barry, Mward, Panda, and Jeff Spicoli I'm thinking of you guys!

JM

I'm pretty tied to mine. When I travel, my clubs go with me

Mine are almost always in the car and I've really only traveled to play golf so I've taken them with me on the plane. I do have a second iron set now since I didn't trade/sell my old ones, but I don't have a second house for storage. :D

Back