10 am is fine! I will be coming in from Chandler, prob 90 min for me too!!

Alright, I'm booking a tee time for Arizona Nationals at 1010 am on Sunday November 9th. See you guys there!

Anyone up for Saturday or Sunday after thanksgiving?

Wait, can't make this Saturday. Thought we were talking about the 9th.

You replied to post #7 which was about SEPTEMBER 9th. I think you've got your calendars crossed.

Alright, I'm booking a tee time for Arizona Nationals at 1010 am on Sunday November 9th. See you guys there!

Are you still planning on coming up to Phoenix the following weekend?

Anyone up for Saturday or Sunday after thanksgiving?
Prob not, I have family in town. Maybe Sun afternoon, but I won't know for sure until much closer to then.

Are you still planning on coming up to Phoenix the following weekend?

Alas, no. Back to back all day golf events is just not in the cards, especially knowing I'm going to be making another resort golf trip to Tucson next month. Sorry.

Bummer.

I'm sure everyone playing this weekend will have fun!

I will see you Sunday morning! PM me if anything comes up!

If you make your way to Tucson, you all should check out Arizona National. Beautiful course. Sits at the foothills of the mountains, tucked into the northeast corner of Tucson. The course itself of gorgeous, short (6300 from the blues) but challenging. Very much a "fairways and greens" track, with subtle, fast greens. The front nine plays much easier than the back, and provides flatter lies from the fairway before the back nine hauls you up into the mountains. Elevated tee boxes on most of the par 3's combined with tricksy bunker placements demands really solid ball-striking. The rough is not too bad, generally. More likely to produce a flyer-lie than sit down (bear in mind, Spivey and I played after the over-seeding. Conditions might be a bit different depending on time of year.)

Overall, just an amazing course. Admittedly, we're moving toward peak season for Arizona golf, so it's not particularly cheap, but ANGC is a great experience and expression of what desert golf can be.

A view of the 18th tee box:

20141109_140702.jpg

I know its really short notice, but is anyone off tomorrow morning and want to play in Goodyear/Litchfield/Pebble Creek area?

Also, I'm planning to play somewhere Sunday :) ...location and time are open.

OK, so the last time I tried to get a round in with Spivey, Biblical flooding sort of got in the way. While I know timing is probably not the best, I'm going to be in Scottsdale during Thanksgiving week and have either Monday or Tuesday to try and get an extra round in. If anyone is available, let me know.

OK, so the last time I tried to get a round in with Spivey, Biblical flooding sort of got in the way. While I know timing is probably not the best, I'm going to be in Scottsdale during Thanksgiving week and have either Monday or Tuesday to try and get an extra round in. If anyone is available, let me know.
Still dealing with the ramifications of that rainstorm, incidentally.
I will talk to my boss about maybe getting a round in Monday, if you want to play early. Let me know where you are staying.

Valley Golf Center in Litchfield is having a massive demo day on Saturday and Sunday fyi.

I'll make time. Just let me know when and where.

Still dealing with the ramifications of that rainstorm, incidentally.
I will talk to my boss about maybe getting a round in Monday, if you want to play early. Let me know where you are staying.

I'll make time. Just let me know when and where.
I'm going to be staying in Scottsdale. Depending on any of your availability, I would probably lean towards an earlier round.

I'm going to be staying in Scottsdale. Depending on any of your availability, I would probably lean towards an earlier round.

Earlier the better.

I should be off Monday, so golf on 11/24 should work.
Where do you want to play? How much do you feel like spending? How far do you want to travel?
Troon North is $100, as is Quintero. Boulders is $90. We could get on at Phoenician and Lookout Mtn for around $50. Wildfire is an option, I don't have a discount there.

Quintero would be a freaking haul from Scottsdale. And Troon North for $100.00? Sign me up.

I'll be playing Starr Pass December 6th (and possibly 7th!) if anyone's interested in a trip to Tucson.

I should be off Monday, so golf on 11/24 should work.
Where do you want to play? How much do you feel like spending? How far do you want to travel?
Troon North is $100, as is Quintero. Boulders is $90. We could get on at Phoenician and Lookout Mtn for around $50. Wildfire is an option, I don't have a discount there.

Quintero would be a freaking haul from Scottsdale. And Troon North for $100.00? Sign me up.
I haven't played any of those mentioned - looking at them online has my golf - related Pavlovian response going.

If Troon North is a good get at $100, I'd be up for that.

So Saturday, December 6, 12pm-ish tee time, Starr Pass in Tucson. While I've seen cheaper, I know I can get anyone interested in for $75...though their weekend rates are less than that on a couple websites, probably because they're overseeding at present...

Either way, if anyone's interested, let me know and we can put something together. It's a really lovely course.

I work on 12/6 so won't be able to join.

I haven't played any of those mentioned - looking at them online has my golf - related Pavlovian response going.

If Troon North is a good get at $100, I'd be up for that.

Quick update -

Called Troon North - they are 90 degrees currently. I cannot make a tee time until either Thurs or Fri, but as of right now, the only tee time on Pinnacle Monday is around 8:30, so an early round should not be a problem.

Rambler and Fupresti and me - is there a fourth who is interested?

Back