Anyone interested in putting together a Sunday tee time in local Phoenix area?

Not sure - I will know later today or tomorrow.
Would be interested in joining - let me know where you are thinking, but I won't be back on the computer until tonight.

Not sure - I will know later today or tomorrow.
Would be interested in joining - let me know where you are thinking, but I won't be back on the computer until tonight.

To be honest I'm looking for someone in the local area to pick a nice course since I've never been here and never played with some fellow THPers.

What's your price limit? Talking Stick, Wildfire and Ambiente are all nice courses. I'd be interested depending on what time you want to play?

What's your price limit? Talking Stick, Wildfire and Ambiente are all nice courses. I'd be interested depending on what time you want to play?

I would like to keep it under 60 within a 20 or so minute drive from the Phoenix VA. I guess anytime after 9ish would be fine.

Bumping back to the top

I was still looking for a course. Seems rates are still high, I'll keep looking

Stonecreek was $30 yesterday afternoon. I don't know if that is average for this area or not.

I can't pull the trigger on anything until later tonight or tmrw. Sorry about that. I will post here if anything pops up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stonecreek was $30 yesterday afternoon. I don't know if that is average for this area or not.

That's cheap. There is a 12:45 Talking sticks for $45 pre paid.

Anybody want to play today also? I'm free all day now.

I went out to the Biltmore and shot a 79... It was one heck of a scrambling day only hitting 4 greens.

I went out to the Biltmore and shot a 79... It was one heck of a scrambling day only hitting 4 greens.

That's great! Do you know which course you played? I score a bit better on the Adobe, and really enjoy it in the summer without a lot people on the course.

That's great! Do you know which course you played? I score a bit better on the Adobe, and really enjoy it in the summer without a lot people on the course.

It was the Adobe. I might go back again tomorrow

I used to play there a lot. Fun greens on Adobe, tight layout on Links.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Playing in the Phoenix area in late June. Is it worth it?

I'll be in AZ staying in Sedona for a week and intend on doing some playing up there but I wonder if it is worth it to play anywhere in PHX area due to the heat this time of year. Tee times for some great courses look cheap but I know it will be extremely hot.

I'll be in AZ staying in Sedona for a week and intend on doing some playing up there but I wonder if it is worth it to play anywhere in PHX area due to the heat this time of year. Tee times for some great courses look cheap but I know it will be extremely hot.

If you can get a tee time at or before 7:30am, you should be fine. The highs usually peak between 2 and 4pm.

Supposed to play Elephant Rock in Williams on the 15th. Any of you guys ever played there?

If you can get a tee time at or before 7:30am, you should be fine. The highs usually peak between 2 and 4pm.
Are there many people who play afternoons that time of year? I'm willing to play those afternoon times with plenty of fluids and shade but I'm wonderinf it would be odd and we would be the only people on the course that time of day.

Arizona Locals

Inexpensive golf in excess in the summertime. If you can handle the heat, it's a great time to play some really good courses at significantly reduced prices. I play in the summer, all around the city, and I have no issues with the heat.
Words of advice – hydrate or die. Drink gallons of water and Gatorade.

Arizona Locals

I made the mistake of drinking beer during a round where temps were around 110+. I felt that during the round and a couple days after; I was so dehydrated. A cold beer just sounds so good but electrolytes are your friends

Inexpensive golf in excess in the summertime. If you can handle the heat, it's a great time to play some really good courses at significantly reduced prices. I play in the summer, all around the city, and I have no issues with the heat.
Yeah, we plan on lots of water. We've been planning to play a couple of places up north around Sedona and Flagstaff but the rates for Scottsdale that time of year make it hard to pass up. Troon North looks like it will be $59 when we are in town.

Supposed to play Elephant Rock in Williams on the 15th. Any of you guys ever played there?
I was looking at that course when I am out there in June as well. 6700 yards from the tips at 7,000 ft elevation. Looks like a course I might be able to handle pretty well since its not super long and the elevation will help me carry further than I'm used to here in OH. The layout looks pretty straight as well. No really hard doglegs.

Well said! I play year round, it's not uncommon for me to get off work at 2'ish and head to the course ... heck sometimes in the summer afternoons, it not much more than a large bucket of balls to play a round ...

Back