I was looking at that course when I am out there in June as well. 6700 yards from the tips at 7,000 ft elevation. Looks like a course I might be able to handle pretty well since its not super long and the elevation will help me carry further than I'm used to here in OH. The layout looks pretty straight as well. No really hard doglegs.

Yeah I have some friends that live in Prescott Valley and I go up there a few times a year to play. I just want to try something different this time out and am thinking either Elephant Rock or one of the Sedona courses.

Hey guys, I'll be coming in for the Gauntlet on Wednesday, 5/18. I should be landing in Phoenix around 12:30. Would anyone be interested in a mid-afternoon round? Say around 2:30 - 3? I'm fine with playing an easy/cheap course, and would love to play with a THPer.

Yeah I have some friends that live in Prescott Valley and I go up there a few times a year to play. I just want to try something different this time out and am thinking either Elephant Rock or one of the Sedona courses.

Sedona is beautiful but often gets over 100 degrees in the summer.

I have an 11:50 Tee time for Wekopa (Cholla) next Saturday. So far its Golfjunki and I.
Anyone else want to join us?

I have an 11:50 Tee time for Wekopa (Cholla) next Saturday. So far its Golfjunki and I.

I should be able to swing that. I will let you know for sure later this week.

Sedona is beautiful but often gets over 100 degrees in the summer.

Fortunately I'm not talking about summer. My golf trip to Az is next weekend.

Fortunately I'm not talking about summer. My golf trip to Az is next weekend.
You'll have some great weather! I have yet to play golf in Sedona or Northern AZ. Will have to get out there this summer.

I have a wedding that starts at 4 pm. Can't make it, unfortunately.

Monday morning bump...Its $85 with an AZ Id.
Still have 2 spots open.

Monday morning bump...Its $85 with an AZ Id.
Still have 2 spots open.

If there is still a spot open I wouldn't mind going out on Cholla.

Heading to Phoenix Thursday for some golf with a couple of buddies. Our 4th dropped out, so I have an open spot in our tee times. We are playing 36 on Friday at We Ko Pa, Saguaro at 7:10am and Cholla at 1:10pm. Playing Southern Dunes on Saturday at 9:20am. Anyone interested? Otherwise I'll adjust the tee times to 3 and figure the course will add a single to our group.

Heading to Phoenix Thursday for some golf with a couple of buddies. Our 4th dropped out, so I have an open spot in our tee times. We are playing 36 on Friday at We Ko Pa, Saguaro at 7:10am and Cholla at 1:10pm. Playing Southern Dunes on Saturday at 9:20am. Anyone interested? Otherwise I'll adjust the tee times to 3 and figure the course will add a single to our group.
Dang, I would love to join - I am booked up w work all week.

If there is still a spot open I wouldn't mind going out on Cholla.

Sounds good!
We've still got one open spot left that needs to be filled by tomorrow morning.

yes, yes and maybe if you still got room for uno mas?

yes, yes and maybe if you still got room for uno mas?

I adjusted my group to 3 yesterday for We Ko Pa. Both times are available as a single if you want to add yourself on to my times there. I see the spots available on the we ko pa site. I was going to adjust the Southern Dunes time today to 3, so let me know if in or out. Or I can adjust to 3, and you can grab the spot if you can make it.

Arizona Locals

Anyone interested in playing June 18 around 1 at my club? Rate is $65 w cart. We could get a couple of tee times if more than four are interested.
@stevececil @BigDG @azrsx @tanker337 @golfjunki71 @fupresti @kensisland

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Anyone interested in playing June 18 around 1 at my club? Rate is $65 w cart. We could get a couple of tee times if more than four are interested.
@stevececil @BigDG @azrsx @tanker337 @golfjunki71 @fupresti @kenisland

I'm in

Hey guys! So tomorrow I'm heading down to Phoenix for a golf trip with my brother and two other guys. I thought I would pick the brains of you Arizona experts on which course I should play. We are staying at The Phoenician Wednesday, Thursday and Friday (leaving Saturday). I'm planning on one day playing at The Phoenician but the other day I would like to play another course in the area. What course in the area would you guys recommend for one round?

Count me in! I missed the extra round at the Gauntlet, and would love to play the course.

No schedule that far out yet, but I'll keep you posted @Spivey...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Arizona Locals

Thanks for the invite. Too early to tell right now but as it gets closer I should get an idea if I'm free.

942a7d91ab086470b06daa25feef139a.jpg

Sure do miss it already! Lol.

Back