Depends where you are in the area - you need to be more specific, otherwise you may be travelling a long way. But here are a few:

Can't miss: Citizen Public House; Buck and Rider; Blue Adobe; AZ Wilderness; Cocina Madrigal, FnB; Cafe Monarch; Shinbay; Virtu;

Others: Roka Akor; Modern Oyster and Steak; Steak 44; Durants; J&G at the Phoenecian; Dominicks; Chelseas Kitchen; Mission; Sel; Grassroots; Twisted Grove; Elements

Staying downtown (Kimpton) and we're probably planning on having one nice dinner and then a bit more casual otherwise. Arriving early on a Saturday, leaving mid-afternoon on a Tuesday. Don't have anything set in stone yet except for a round of golf on Monday morning.

That is a great list. Depending on budget, Bourbon and Bones at the very top of my budget. A number of great taco shops for the lower budget. Just depends on where you are staying. I will edit some downtown places in a bit.

edit: I don’t get downtown much, but my wife and I have three favorites

1. my personal fave because of the cocktails. http://thekettleblackpub.com/

2. https://www.blancotacostequila.com/
Not my favorite Mexican food in the valley, but my wife likes it because they are great with her food allergy

3. https://trapphausbbq.com/ only been here once, but it was good

Last edited:
Thanks, guys!

That is a great list. Depending on budget, Bourbon and Bones at the very top of my budget. A number of great taco shops for the lower budget. Just depends on where you are staying. I will edit some downtown places in a bit.

edit: I don’t get downtown much, but my wife and I have three favorites

1. my personal fave because of the cocktails. http://thekettleblackpub.com/

2. https://www.blancotacostequila.com/
Not my favorite Mexican food in the valley, but my wife likes it because they are great with her food allergy

3. https://trapphausbbq.com/ only been here once, but it was good

Got it - Downtown has a lot of bad - so don't expect much from some of the places (e.g. Arrogant butcher)

My call:
+1 one for Kettle Black - good food too and plenty of beers

Pizzeria Bianco is good pizza, but pricey. Cibo is almost equally as good for a bit less.

Killer Whale Sex Club - just to say you were there, plus the great food and drink! And no, it's not as the name suggests.

The Farrish

My fav 'hole in the wall' is Chullo Peruvian - always awesome.

Mexican and Tacos: Casa Madrigal; Tacos Chiwa, TaCarbon, PoPos

Anyone want to play Sterling grove Friday at 10?

Hello AZ locals. The AZ THP group has 2 openings for Southern Dunes on Saturday the 19th. If anyone is interested in joining for a nice cool mid morning round of summer AZ golf please reach out to me ASAP.

Some courses are really coming back well after overseeding. Sewailo was the first course I played that was not CPO since the Morgan Cup. Playing Victory this weekend

Now that the Arizona weather is so great, I figured that this tread has been buried too long.

For the Thanksgiving long weekend, we are heading "out Wickenburg way" and are planning to play Quintero, Wickenburg Ranch and maybe Los Caballeros.

Love all those choices wish I was there but not arriving until Dec 1st

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone want to play somewhere next Thursday or Friday? East valley, west valley doesn't matter to me.

Anyone want to play somewhere next Thursday or Friday? East valley, west valley doesn't matter to me.
Want to. … yes. But I probably can’t.

Verrado victory in great shape. No CPO

Just a note to say I will be in town all of Dec and Jan and would love to play if anyone is available to play I will be staying in Scottsdale

Just a note to say I will be in town all of Dec and Jan and would love to play if anyone is available to play I will be staying in Scottsdale

Let us know if there are courses you want to play and we can make it happen.

Was going to send you the details for our Dec league location, but I see you already signed up! Look forward to meeting you.

Let us know if there are courses you want to play and we can make it happen.

I am open to anything you guys want to play and really excited to meet new people as well as play with many old friends

I am open to anything you guys want to play and really excited to meet new people as well as play with many old friends

In Scottsdale

Camelback Ambiente on the high end. Long walk if you are interested in that. Can be very penal if you don't have the driver working.
TPC - Stadium should have stands going up now but you will pay for it. There is a time where you have to walk and/or take caddy. Champions I like the course better and there is a walker rate there.
Talking Stick - meh but not horrible.

North Scottsdale

Troon North - Expensive. Either course is fine, I like Pinnacle over Monument but it will be a good experience
Greyhawk - I haven't played in a long time so I would go there if you wanted to go.
Boulders - Pretty but also tight. Expensive this time of year. I will just say which courses are economical from now on.
Wekopa - More North Scottsdale adjacent. Saguaro is best of the best. Cholla I am disappointed in but a lot of folks like it.
Legend Trail - I find it a fun course but I hardly ever play it. Always slips my mind.

West side

Verrado - Love both of these courses.
Estrella - Troon course that is fun to play. Haven't been there is a while since Sterling Grove and Victory at Verrado opened.
Sterling Grove - Excellent course and new. Not a bombers course if that appeals to you
Quintero - Listed in Top 100. 3 par 3's are elevated tee box down to a green. One goofy par 5. The views can't be beat.
Wickenburg Ranch - Way out there. Fantastic course. If you want to play that you will get people to drive up there with you.

Others to consider

Raven - Good economical option. Not full on desert course and you can get deals there
Legacy - Right next door to Raven and same spiel.
Papago - ASU course and muni. Play here early as pace is slow. Fun atmosphere after the round
Aguila - Another muni that is fun and easy walk. Good pricing
GCU - I would rank below the other 2 muni's but it is a good course. Again not as desert as other courses
Whirlwind - 2 courses. They will be expensive during winter. Right now Devil's Claw is better than Cattail because of conditions
Southern Dunes - I will always recommend Southern Dunes. It is my favorite course in the valley with all things considered. Staff, practice area, restaurant, and course. If you decide to go here I will happily tag along. I don't find it very deserty but you can find a lot of desert there if you can't get off the tee. Be sure you can hit out of a bunker. :ROFLMAO:

Avoid

Silverado, Arizona Grand, Foothills, Biltmore

Obviously there are way more courses but just giving my highlights. Keep in mind that we have a lot more walkers out there this time of year and you probably need to tee off by 1PM to get a full 18 in. Sun goes down around 5:30 ish and once the sun gets behind the mountains it gets dark quick.

In Scottsdale

Camelback Ambiente on the high end. Long walk if you are interested in that. Can be very penal if you don't have the driver working.
TPC - Stadium should have stands going up now but you will pay for it. There is a time where you have to walk and/or take caddy. Champions I like the course better and there is a walker rate there.

North Scottsdale

Troon North - Expensive. Either course is fine, I like Pinnacle over Monument but it will be a good experience
Greyhawk - I haven't played in a long time so I would go there if you wanted to go.
Boulders - Pretty but also tight. Expensive this time of year. I will just say which courses are economical from now on.
Wekopa - More North Scottsdale adjacent. Saguaro is best of the best. Cholla I am disappointed in but a lot of folks like it.
Legend Trail - I find it a fun course but I hardly ever play it. Always slips my mind.

West side

Estrella - Troon course that is fun to play. Haven't been there is a while since Sterling Grove and Victory at Verrado opened.
Sterling Grove - Excellent course and new. Not a bombers course if that appeals to you
Quintero - Listed in Top 100. 3 par 3's are elevated tee box down to a green. One goofy par 5. The views can't be beat.
Wickenburg Ranch - Way out there. Fantastic course. If you want to play that you will get people to drive up there with you.

Others to consider

Raven - Good economical option. Not full on desert course and you can get deals there
Papago - ASU course and muni. Play here early as pace is slow. Fun atmosphere after the round
GCU - I would rank below the other 2 muni's but it is a good course. Again not as desert as other courses
Whirlwind - 2 courses. They will be expensive during winter. Right now Devil's Claw is better than Cattail because of conditions
Southern Dunes - I will always recommend Southern Dunes. It is my favorite course in the valley with all things considered. Staff, practice area, restaurant, and course. If you decide to go here I will happily tag along. I don't find it very deserty but you can find a lot of desert there if you can't get off the tee. Be sure you can hit out of a bunker. :ROFLMAO:

Avoid

Obviously there are way more courses but just giving my highlights. Keep in mind that we have a lot more walkers out there this time of year and you probably need to tee off by 1PM to get a full 18 in. Sun goes down around 5:30 ish and once the sun gets behind the mountains it gets dark quick.

Sounds like we are going to have a blast

Got a couple spots open for tee time at the 500 Club on Sunday afternoon if anyone is interested.

Got a couple spots open for tee time at the 500 Club on Sunday afternoon if anyone is interested.
Fuuuuu..........If I wasn't warden level locked down this weekend, I'd go in a heartbeat. :(

Like that course. Unfortunately, I am out this weekend.

In Scottsdale

North Scottsdale

West side

Others to consider

Avoid

A+ advice

Back