In Scottsdale

Camelback Ambiente on the high end. Long walk if you are interested in that. Can be very penal if you don't have the driver working.
TPC - Stadium should have stands going up now but you will pay for it. There is a time where you have to walk and/or take caddy. Champions I like the course better and there is a walker rate there.
Talking Stick - meh but not horrible.

North Scottsdale

Troon North - Expensive. Either course is fine, I like Pinnacle over Monument but it will be a good experience
Greyhawk - I haven't played in a long time so I would go there if you wanted to go.
Boulders - Pretty but also tight. Expensive this time of year. I will just say which courses are economical from now on.
Wekopa - More North Scottsdale adjacent. Saguaro is best of the best. Cholla I am disappointed in but a lot of folks like it.
Legend Trail - I find it a fun course but I hardly ever play it. Always slips my mind.

West side

Verrado - Love both of these courses.
Estrella - Troon course that is fun to play. Haven't been there is a while since Sterling Grove and Victory at Verrado opened.
Sterling Grove - Excellent course and new. Not a bombers course if that appeals to you
Quintero - Listed in Top 100. 3 par 3's are elevated tee box down to a green. One goofy par 5. The views can't be beat.
Wickenburg Ranch - Way out there. Fantastic course. If you want to play that you will get people to drive up there with you.

Others to consider

Raven - Good economical option. Not full on desert course and you can get deals there
Legacy - Right next door to Raven and same spiel.
Papago - ASU course and muni. Play here early as pace is slow. Fun atmosphere after the round
Aguila - Another muni that is fun and easy walk. Good pricing
GCU - I would rank below the other 2 muni's but it is a good course. Again not as desert as other courses
Whirlwind - 2 courses. They will be expensive during winter. Right now Devil's Claw is better than Cattail because of conditions
Southern Dunes - I will always recommend Southern Dunes. It is my favorite course in the valley with all things considered. Staff, practice area, restaurant, and course. If you decide to go here I will happily tag along. I don't find it very deserty but you can find a lot of desert there if you can't get off the tee. Be sure you can hit out of a bunker. :ROFLMAO:

Avoid

Silverado, Arizona Grand, Foothills, Biltmore

Obviously there are way more courses but just giving my highlights. Keep in mind that we have a lot more walkers out there this time of year and you probably need to tee off by 1PM to get a full 18 in. Sun goes down around 5:30 ish and once the sun gets behind the mountains it gets dark quick.

I would totally drive up to Wickenburg.

Love Southern Dunes but it is too early to be paying $144 a round. Yikes

Our Thanksgiving plans are coming together. Quintero on Thanksgiving day and Wickenburg Ranch on Saturday. Los Caballeros is still an option if my wife wants to give up her Black Friday shopping in Wickenburg, but that is still TBD. The weather looks like mostly sunny and mid-70s for each day, perfect!

We played Oak Creek country club yesterday and will play Sedona Golf Resort on Wednesday to prepare for the fun courses.

Our Thanksgiving plans are coming together. Quintero on Thanksgiving day and Wickenburg Ranch on Saturday. Los Caballeros is still an option if my wife wants to give up her Black Friday shopping in Wickenburg, but that is still TBD. The weather looks like mostly sunny and mid-70s for each day, perfect!

We played Oak Creek country club yesterday and will play Sedona Golf Resort on Wednesday to prepare for the fun courses.
That’s a pretty great week of golf you have planned

Ok so far we have a twosome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want to get up there this week, I'm free Thursday and/or Friday.

If you want to get up there this week, I'm free Thursday and/or Friday.

Just got into town I will get settled and we can figure out if I can make it

Just got into town I will get settled and we can figure out if I can make it

No worries...I'm free next Thursday too.

Don't know if you fellas saw this....Screenshot_20211201-021539_Instagram.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

No worries...I'm free next Thursday too.

Looks like am am all settled and ready for some golf let's try and get a round in

Looks like am am all settled and ready for some golf let's try and get a round in

I'm free for something early Friday if its near me. Need to be home by 2pm.

Wish I could play this week. But work :(

Im pretty busy through the end of the year, but am willing to get out in the morning during the week depending on work schedule- usually free wed-Friday. I’ll post up in a couple of weeks once I have my schedule more sorted out.

So it looks like tanker 337 and I are going to play on Friday morning at Union Hills at 8:22 he has booked a twosome but as of now the other 2 spots are still open if anyone can make it that will be great!!!!

Looking for a fourth. Playing Palmbrook (Sun City area) Thursday morning.

DM me if you want to join.

We played Canyon Mesa today, we walked and carried our bags. It is a delightful executive course (8 par 3s and one par 4 in the Village of Oak Creek. 9 holes in 1 hour, 12 minutes. We didn't have anyone ahead or behind us. It was about 60*, not even a breeze and sunny, blue skies. $34 for the 2 of us.

f88b79c2202bfe97004f3261509698ff.jpg
59a81212c22134f8d200505df30ff030.jpg

I played that with @AzGolfer. Such a fun place to play. Loved the vibe.
Greens were like water beds though.

Ok we have 3 tee times next week at the glorious Sewailo. Thursday the 30th. Tee times are 10:50, 11, and 11:10. Please let me know if you want to join. We should have three openings. So far we have:
@tanker337 and 3 guests. Please confirm
@Wildcat4life
@MSEASU
@Doubleb21
@MagicSpell
@mtbloco

Back