Arizona THP Golf League

@echico Looking forward to the team event. I agree that blues will be good and like 4 or 11 as closest to pin contest. Don’t care how we pick teams unless @dunkjez makes a summer trip back to the valley and then I call dibs 😉

Just want to talk about the June Team Event a little. Make sure we set it up right.

1. 2 man best ball at Southern Dunes. Two trophies up for grabs!
2. I suggest blue tees. They are fair and don't have any carry issues.
3. I have a bottle of Crown Royal Peach. Debating as closet to the pin (hole 4 or 11) or a closet in 2 on hole 14. I am leaning hole #11.
4. Teams - Random draw (line up all handicaps and cut list in half then 1 A and 1 B player) or pick your partner?

View attachment 9007692
Your event. I think you should call how we get teamed up either random or choose. I think the guys are good either way as it will be handicapped

@echico if you have non members playing please let me know so I get an accurate head count.

So, June will be the one year anniversary of our league. Just wanted to say how much I appreciate the effort and participation we've had from our membership. You guys are freaking amazing. Best group of THPers in the world, man. SO much love for my AZ brothers. :love:

Last edited:
So, June will be the one year anniversary of our league. Just wanted to say how much appreciate the effort and participation we've had from our membership. You guys are freaking amazing. Best group of THPers in the world, man. SO much love for my AZ brothers. :love:
It’s such a great experience. Building lifelong friendships thanks to THP and golf. I know I never would have pushed myself to improve the way I have if it wasn’t for all of you.

having all of you guys to share laughter and life with has been such a reward.

It’s such a great experience. Building lifelong friendships thanks to THP and golf. I know I never would have pushed myself to improve the way I have if it wasn’t for all of you.

having all of you guys to share laughter and life with has been such a reward.
Getting to know all of you guys and forging the friendship with all of you is one of the best things that I've done for myself in years. For the longest time I gave my life to work and nothing else. To say that life was joyless, for a pretty good stretch there, would be an understatement. I literally forgot what it was like to actually have friends and people that I enjoy spending time with. Which was so off-brand for me. I've always been social and surrounded by friends but, for whatever reason, I just isolated, went to work, came home and that was life. It's nice to have my boys and and a few guys that I get together with locally to play golf with again. I get a chuckle out of guys that get a little whiny about the travel for our events. I guess I get it to a certain extent. But, for me, drive is the easiest part. The hard part is the month long wait to round up again.

See ya next Saturday, boys!

Getting to know all of you guys and forging the friendship with all of you is one of the best things that I've done for myself in years. For the longest time I gave my life to work and nothing else. To say that life was joyless, for a pretty good stretch there, would be an understatement. I literally forgot what it was like to actually have friends and people that I enjoy spending time with. Which was so off-brand for me. I've always been social and surrounded by friends but, for whatever reason, I just isolated, went to work, came home and that was life. It's nice to have my boys and and a few guys that I get together with locally to play golf with again. I get a chuckle out of guys that get a little whiny about the travel for our events. I guess I get it to a certain extent. But, for me, drive is the easiest part. The hard part is the month long wait to round up again.

See ya next Saturday, boys!
Now that you’re out of the deep freeze and I’m about to get air fried, expect a visitor!

So @TommyTomas and I will team up for the southern dunes team event!

A reminder to everyone playing Robson Ranch this weekend: optional skins pot entry ($10) must be paid prior to your tee time. Payments can be made through Venmo (@AZTHP). Also, there are still a couple of holdouts for the Hole-In-One pot ($20)…it’s up to $400!

August event has been added to the schedule......Stone Ridge in Prescott.

1621523989784.png

Pay attention to 18. Drive and 2nd shot are blind

Maybe have to make a trip to Phoenix in the next month AZ Thp'ers. If I do, gonna shoot for an extra day for golf if possible.

Back