Arizona THP Golf League

Look at all these avatars! :love:

@Nessinator is kind of a bad@ss.

Your trophy is coming to your house this weekend, girl!

This might be kind of basic, but I haven't played since late February, so I don't know what to expect in terms of Covid restrictions. What should we expect at Sewailo? Is there water available on the course? I am guessing we are riding carts solo? Hole/cup modifications?

And then there is meetup logistics - since I am a total newbie to the AZ THP crowd, I guess I'll have to figure out who is who when I get there, but that's OK. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

It’ll be pretty easy to spot us. Look for the guys will smiles from ear to ear. I’m the tall svelte fellow with tatted arms. Looking forward to meeting you and all the other peeps I haven’t met yet.

Also before our first event we want to thank @JB and @GolferGal. This forum is simply amazing and this club could not have happened without your efforts to build this community.

We've met so many amazing people from this site and your events have given inspiration for this club. We hope that we are able to continue to support your chosen charity through golf.

This has grown faster than we could imagine and it is because of THP. All members just want to say thank you.

No thanks necessary although all the same avatars are brutal. :ROFLMAO:

Hopefully the league people chat on the forum and thanks for being Albatross Club Members.

No thanks necessary although all the same avatars are brutal. :ROFLMAO:

Hopefully the league people chat on the forum and thanks for being Albatross Club Members.

That is the plan. As I've stopped "live feeding" my scores have gone way up. Time to get back to the forum updates!

And then there is meetup logistics - since I am a total newbie to the AZ THP crowd, I guess I'll have to figure out who is who when I get there, but that's OK. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Like @robrandalgz pointed out a gaggle of THPers are easy to spot. you can hear the internet golfer calling you. Can't wait to meet you and play some golf!

The group you are playing with: look for a dude that looks a little like Seth Rogan and is rocking a Michigan golf bag.

Oh yeah *THAT* guy....:sneaky:

Look for the old guy with an oversized Titleist hat and roadrunner driver headcover...you’re in my group!

My first round with THPers was with @Roadrunner, looking forward to playing around with you again.

Chance at eagle reasonable, shot at birdie? The guy built a hole that says mark me down for a net dbl bogey off the tee.
I have played the hole 3 times and my average score on the hole is 7

I’m pumped! Looking forward to meeting you all. Also it looks like I’ll be able to attend all the monthly events so mark me down for those!

Btw this course looks like it’s going to kick my ass. Will bring a dozen of my finest

Btw this course looks like it’s going to kick my ass. Will bring a dozen of my finest

this is a great *tough* course. and I carry many many golf balls with me.

You guys enjoy! Looks like fun!

Do we expect the Bighorn fire to affect anything with the round? Will be coming down from North Phoenix the morning of. Should I give myself more time for traffic?

Do we expect the Bighorn fire to affect anything with the round? Will be coming down from North Phoenix the morning of. Should I give myself more time for traffic?

No the course is on the other side of town form the fire. You are all freeway form Phx till you exit onto Valencia form I-19 heading south.

I have booked a flight and I will be driving the beverage cart for you guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have booked a flight and I will be driving the beverage cart for you guys

No offense, but maybe we could sub you out for the southern dunes beverage cart staff?

Local rule for Covid: if a ball goes in and back out of a cup due to Covid cups (pool noodle/pvc pipe), it can be considered holed if group unanimously agrees it would have stayed holed.

Scorekeeping: keep score for the opposite group pairing (each card has scores for 2 players, do not keep your score on official card)

@Wildcat4life mind confirming?

Local rule for Covid: if a ball goes in and back out of a cup due to Covid cups (pool noodle/pvc pipe), it can be considered holed if group unanimously agrees it would have stayed holed.

@Wildcat4life mind confirming?
For Sewailo they are using pool noodles but this is correct. It has to be acknowledged by all playing partners.

No offense, but maybe we could sub you out for the southern dunes beverage cart staff?

OMG I WOULD NOT EVEN BE UPSET I MEEN COPS AND FIREMAN DO RIDE ALONGS WHY NOT A BEVERAGE CART RIDE ALONG

Back