ANNOUNCEMENT Ask Me Anything About THP

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
It has been a bit since we have done one of these and we are right in the middle of release season and the PGA Show on the horizon along with THP Experiences signups, etc.

So if you have any questions, ask away.

The staff has been expanded on the social side with a great hire. Any plans on making more hires or expanding current roles?

Was there one particular thing that inspired you to develop THP?

How do you keep track of all the event announcements, signups and who’s been picked?

The task seems monumental to me 😳

• Admin
  • Admin
The staff has been expanded on the social side with a great hire. Any plans on making more hires or expanding current roles?
No sir. Staff Writer Hawk rejoining the team was a big one for us. He is a gifted writer.
We also added a forum leader in MuchMore, who has been tremendous.
And added Jdax to make our preview for events a bit more official

What in your opinion will be the sleeper piece of equiptment in the 2024 cycle that we should make sure doesn't sneak by our radar and we should seek out to try?
More than 1 is even better.

• Admin
How do you keep track of all the event announcements, signups and who’s been picked?

The task seems monumental to me 😳
That is actually a tiny piece of the job. Simple Calendars work just fine. Experiences are fun, but its only a small part of what we do here.

• Admin
What in your opinion will be the sleeper piece of equiptment in the 2024 cycle that we should make sure doesn't sneak by our radar and we should seek out to try?
More than 1 is even better.
It depends on what people consider sleeper.
Easy answer is the DarkSpeed driver. Its popular in conversations on THP, but we will see how well it translates to real world. It shouldnt be slept on. In fact I would say it should be a top 2 driver this year.

Other one dropped today and there is a feature story on it on THP.

No sir. Staff Writer Hawk rejoining the team was a big one for us. He is a gifted writer.
We also added a forum leader in MuchMore, who has been tremendous.
And added Jdax to make our preview for events a bit more official
Indeed, @Muchmore and @JDax were fantastic additions, as well as @Hawk . That's a great team.

Do you use/or have a Demographics Analysis of the Users of the site when you pitch possible partners for Experiences?

What one piece of gear have you gotten in for review over the years truly blew you away as far as performance? If you could even narrow it down that far to just one, that is :LOL:

Do you use/or have a Demographics Analysis of the Users of the site when you pitch possible partners for Experiences?
We dont really pitch partners for Experiences.
We do use demographics for our own data, but we do not share our data with partners due to how much we care about the privacy policy.

With that said, we have done many a survey to our user groups and in those it states we may be sharing that information.

SImple easy question hahahaha, how did you develop/cultivate all these relationships with so many OEMs and how do you keep them from the (I don't know what to call it), idea of well if they work with OEM XYZ they can't work with us mentality - so to speak.

I guess that's more than 1.

What is one misconception you wish you could change about equipment?

Love these. Has AI impacted anything early on in the way you run THP and do you feel it will in the future?

What one piece of gear have you gotten in for review over the years truly blew you away as far as performance? If you could even narrow it down that far to just one, that is :LOL:
Oooof. That is really hard.
From a full on surprise, it was probably the King F9 driver. That one really blew me away.
I will be the first to say that Ai Smoke driver kind of blew me away this year. I expected a good follow up. I did not expect something that would truly change my game with the forgiveness, allowing me to drop the 2nd driver, which is most likely happening.

There are a lot of firsts. Altitude irons, completely blew me away from what I expected out of the shape and have only gotten better.
Maybe the Cleveland 588 MT. So far ahead of their time.
The new Chrome Tour golf ball is definitely up there.

What's your biggest frustration you have or see within the THP community and also within the golfing world?

I guess since we've been talking about writers today---Other than the podcasts, much of the writing has largely centered around equipment launches and reviews---has there ever been any thought to having more opinion/general golf style content?

SImple easy question hahahaha, how did you develop/cultivate all these relationships with so many OEMs and how do you keep them from the (I don't know what to call it), idea of well if they work with OEM XYZ they can't work with us mentality - so to speak.

I guess that's more than 1.
Honesty and transparency. We are honest with everybody and that goes a long way.
They also know what they get, and that comes back to transparency. We don't ******** traffic numbers and talk about how we have more than there are golfers out there. We dont lie about not taking ad dollars and then take them from anybody.

We are also the hardest working people in golf media. I dont say that to diminish what anybody else is doing, but its not an opinion. We are not the best, but we are the hardest working.

Where do you see THP in 5 to 10 years? What other expansion or growth do you want to see? What else do you want to get into (pga reporting, player interviews/interaction, etc)?

What is one misconception you wish you could change about equipment?

Oh f**k, there are tons. Let's see. The easy low hanging fruit is that drivers are maxed out therefore its all marketing.
Its ******* nonsense

Love these. Has AI impacted anything early on in the way you run THP and do you feel it will in the future?
It hasn't. Will it? Yes.

What's your biggest frustration you have or see within the THP community and also within the golfing world?
Speaking strictly to the forum community? Skimming.

I guess since we've been talking about writers today---Other than the podcasts, much of the writing has largely centered around equipment launches and reviews---has there ever been any thought to having more opinion/general golf style content?
I would actually not necessarily agree with that. I think we have tons on style, travel, accessories, even courses. This time of year and through the PGA Show is definitely more product forward, but that is based on release schedule more than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back