At What Point Do You Tell a Random To Hurry Up?

Yes their was a hole open in front of us. And it isn't simple because we didn't want to be rude, hence the point of this thread. Now gathering information from THPers I have some suggestions if this were to happen in the future.

Old? I'm 31 feeling like 21. Played 3 straight days of golf and felt fine, could've made it 4 in a row if I wanted. Last year I felt old, back to back days and I would be in rough shape. Changed a few regimens in my workout and the back feels great after golf now.

Age is just a number brotha. When I hit like 45 or 50 then I'll say I'm old haha.
Hey now! Don't be digging on us old guys. I just turned 48, feel like I'm 58 & act like I'm 28. I changed a few regimens in my work out too. I drink more light beer.

I think if the guy was "random," and that good, there wouldn't be much I could tell him that he would listen to. In the situation described, where darkness was a factor, I would mention to him that unless "we" sped up a bit we wouldn't complete our round.

This has happened to me a few times, where there were open holes ahead, and I told the slower golfer that I was going to play ahead since I had some place to go.

Back