Atlanta Area Outings 2017

shaner

Reaction score
Handicap
ATL Area Outings in 2017 (past and planning for future)

First outing was held on Mon, Jan 16 at St Marlo
Participants -
shaner
McJoey
cpljohnst
DMoney79
Brian T
SouthernShred
mshepard

Second outing: TBD

Please post to thread if you are interested in joining any upcoming outing, course recommendations, etc

Last edited:
Might make the drive down, posting to follow.

I'm good to go most weekday mornings. I live near you so you know the challenges off crosstown traffic in the morning. I live off of Buford Drive.

Zbuechner4 lives within spitting distance of me as well and I know he would be interested.

I got family near Loganville and lived in bulkhead/Smyrna area for years. I might be interested in driving for a round, especially during the week when I'm usually off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm in for this for sure. Thanks Southernshred!

Course Suggestions: St Marlo, Bears Best, Echelon are 3 of my favorites in N metro Atl area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great. Looks like we might have at least a foursome for the weekday round - myself, McJoey, SoutherShred, Zbuechner4, mshepard - will confirm on Sunday, 15th. If more want to join we can add additional foursome(s). St Marlo, Bears Best, Echelon are good locations - if we can get them sub $50 even better. I know Bear's Best is fairly expensive in the a.m. unless it is discounted. Other options - Chateau, Heritage (although 85S traffic might be issue), Providence Club, Ga Club

I would add Cpljohnst as a possibility.

I would be in on Monday January the 16th I'm off for MLK day any of those courses would work for me

I can play any day but the 19th of that week, and I'll keep an eye on dealcaddy deals and golfnow for a good price somewhere

Hi guys, only day I can swing that week is Monday the 16th. I have two back to back work trips the 17th through 23rd. I'm a Cannongate member so could see what I could come up with, but all the courses on that side of town I can't make tee times until the Thursday before I think. Traditions at Braselton, Hamilton Mill, Olde Atlanta and Windermere. No idea how hard it would be to get times at those on a holiday.

If anyone is interested in driving over to the west side, I can host some time at my home course; Mirror Lake. We've got 36 holes. I'm also only 5 minutes from The Frog.

I'm in. Tell me where, tell me when. BTW...Southland, near but not in Stone Mountain, is cheap and treacherous. You can bring your A game; but you will need your B, C, D, and sometimes E, as well.

Hi guys, only day I can swing that week is Monday the 16th. I have two back to back work trips the 17th through 23rd. I'm a Cannongate member so could see what I could come up with, but all the courses on that side of town I can't make tee times until the Thursday before I think. Traditions at Braselton, Hamilton Mill, Olde Atlanta and Windermere. No idea how hard it would be to get times at those on a holiday.

If anyone is interested in driving over to the west side, I can host some time at my home course; Mirror Lake. We've got 36 holes. I'm also only 5 minutes from The Frog.

Love the Frog nice track I could be lured out on the 16th...

I can get us in at Echelon if need be. Not sure I can get a discount but the owner is one of my best friends.

I'll play anywhere.

I would potentially be interested. As of right now I could make just about any day work except Tuesday January 17th. Look forward to it.

It seems like Monday, Jan 16 (which is MLK day) is a date that a few are gravitating towards. Shall we do a roll call for everyone who would be up for that date?

It seems like Monday, Jan 16 (which is MLK day) is a date that a few are gravitating towards. Shall we do a roll call for everyone who would be up for that date?

I can do it. It would be nice to meet some folks. I live in Roswell. Fairways of Canton is a fun track but I will play wherever.

16th would be perfect for me too. Kids are off school and the wife has the day off so my day is open.

I'm in for the 16th.

I'm definitely in for the 16th...

I'll use JBs technique on the event pages and update the original post in this thread with the names of those who are in for Monday the 16th. If a day or so passes and I miss placing your name please just PM me. At some point next week we'll hone in on a course and tee times based on # of players.

Right now we have 5, hopefully we can get at least 3 more. Zbuechner4, SoutherShred, Brian T, 4Regal expressed interest in playing that week. Hopefully the 16th works for them.

I think I'll be able to make that day. Gotta check my work calendar and can be certain by monday

I think I'll be able to make that day. Gotta check my work calendar and can be certain by monday

I hope you can. Let me know and I'll add you.

I'll use JBs technique on the event pages and update the original post in this thread with the names of those who are in for Monday the 16th. If a day or so passes and I miss placing your name please just PM me. At some point next week we'll hone in on a course and tee times based on # of players.

Thanks for all the legwork getting this together Shaner!!!

I'm going to try to make it work. Monday is usually my busiest day and I don't get it off but I think I can swing it.

Back