Atlanta Area Outings 2017

Here are candidate courses mentioned so far. Any reactions/additions welcome:
Chateau Elan Woodlands (~ $37)
Bears Best (~ $79)
St Marlo (~ $55)
Southland (~ $20)
Echelon (SoutherShred can get us tee time, unsure of $$)
Mirror Lake/The Frog (courses on west side - Frog is about $50 I think, Mirror Lake looks to be about $45)

Given that its a holiday and should be lighter than normal traffic I am up for driving anywhere. I will say for me personally that $80 at Bears Best is a little steep for my taste. I like to keep it to $50 and under.

I'm going to try to make it work. Monday is usually my busiest day and I don't get it off but I think I can swing it.

I hope so. Would enjoy meeting a neighbor (I live south end of L'ville near Web Ginn). I can supply you with a doctor's note if need be. Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor but aspire to play one on TV.

If for some reason it doesn't work for you this time let's try and play sometime.

Here are candidate courses mentioned so far. Any reactions/additions welcome:
Chateau Elan Woodlands (~ $37)
Bears Best (~ $79)
St Marlo (~ $55)
Southland (~ $20)
Echelon (SoutherShred can get us tee time, unsure of $$)
Mirror Lake/The Frog (courses on west side - Frog is about $50 I think, Mirror Lake looks to be about $45)

Given that its a holiday and should be lighter than normal traffic I am up for driving anywhere. I will say for me personally that $80 at Bears Best is a little steep for my taste. I like to keep it to $50 and under.

Any of those sound good. I haven't been to any of them. I like the idea of keeping under $50. I'm more looking just to get swings in and meet some great people before the kickoff event. If we need an extra guy I can possibly get someone but he is not a THP member. I understand if we want to try and keep it THP peeps. I'm ok with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would also like to keep it $50 or under the Frog is great, Mirror lake is nice. Never played Chateau Elan woodlands but I'm down never really like Southland...

I would say that unless I work some sort of magic, Echelon is probably not any cheaper than Bear's Best.

I hope so. Would enjoy meeting a neighbor (I live south end of L'ville near Web Ginn). I can supply you with a doctor's note if need be. Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor but aspire to play one on TV.

If for some reason it doesn't work for you this time let's try and play sometime.

Absolutely! I posted on your check in thread but Zbuechner4 (Zack) and I are pretty regular partners and could meet up quite often. I primarily play during the week but I'm sure I can squeeze anything in.

DMoney, my fellow #teamgreen Kickoff Classic teammate! This is going to give us a chance to do some recon on our #teamwhite opponents: cpljohnst and McJoey. More importantly though - will hopefully shake some rust off my game since I haven't been able to play in the last couple of weeks.

Absolutely! I posted on your check in thread but Zbuechner4 (Zack) and I are pretty regular partners and could meet up quite often. I primarily play during the week but I'm sure I can squeeze anything in.

Oh man, I'm sorry I didn't see your post on my check-in. I am pretty flexible as well and like playing during the week when I can.

Im in for MLK the 16th. Any of the courses mentioned work for me.

Oh man, I'm sorry I didn't see your post on my check-in. I am pretty flexible as well and like playing during the week when I can.

I should be good with Monday. And my vote goes to st Marlo...GREAT condition right now, greens are very nice. Bears is also too steep for me.

Wish I could join you guys but the distance is just a little too much. Definitely hope you guys will talk up a potential Regional Rivalry appearance for GA and get some excitement arounds the prospects of it so we can hopefully get the call!

Wish I could join you guys but the distance is just a little too much. Definitely hope you guys will talk up a potential Regional Rivalry appearance for GA and get some excitement arounds the prospects of it so we can hopefully get the call!

South Ga would be a long drive for you Sox Fan - we'll miss you. Look forward to meeting you next month. From what I've read I hope I don't have to go head-to-head with your solid game at the kickoff classic.

I need to read up on the Regional Rivalry. Sounds like fun!

South Ga would be a long drive for you Sox Fan - we'll miss you. Look forward to meeting you next month. From what I've read I hope I don't have to go head-to-head with your solid game at the kickoff classic.

I need to read up on the Regional Rivalry. Sounds like fun!
It is and I'm about as far south in GA as you can get. Looking forward to meeting you as well. The Kickoff Classic will be a blast!

Definitely look at the RR threads. There were 3 match-ups last year and they were a lot of fun to follow and all participants really loved them. One for this year has already been announced (North CA - South CA). If we can get in, it would most likely be against FL. I'm sure being active in the RR threads is one thing that is looked at when selecting the match-ups.

Any of those sound good. I haven't been to any of them. I like the idea of keeping under $50. I'm more looking just to get swings in and meet some great people before the kickoff event. If we need an extra guy I can possibly get someone but he is not a THP member. I understand if we want to try and keep it THP peeps. I'm ok with that.

I'd say once we get a final confirmed # of THPers I have no problem rounding out any empty spots in the last foursome with others

I've also placed the candidate courses in the first post ranked by "votes/comments." To make it easy we'll go with the most popular assuming we can get consecutive tee times on the 16th. Right now it's St Marlo which also got my vote. From the looks of it on GolfNow I think 3 consecutive tee times there in the morning will be the best we can do (unless I call and they have times not published to GolfNow). In other words, there are some groups already booked throughout the morning and will increase as we get closer. Let's get tee times booked no later than this coming Monday so chime in for confirmations by Monday evening if you can. If tee times at St Marlo vaporize by that time we'll move on to next option.

Definitely look at the RR threads. If we can get in, it would most likely be against FL. I'm sure being active in the RR threads is one thing that is looked at when selecting the match-ups.
Done. My attention to and participation in that thread is now active thanks to you.

I've never played St. Marlo but I'd be in for that.

Costco has a deal right now for heritage, 2 rounds for $60 valid 7 days a week with no holiday restrictions...so that might be a viable 2nd option?

I've weighed but could continue to push for Georgia vs Florida that would be nice...

I played there two weeks ago. Greens are a little spotty but not bad. #2 should be an automatic 2 putt gimme due to the green. That said, I intend to play there again...they gave me a cart path only voucher because my cart died on #10 lol.

I played there two weeks ago. Greens are a little spotty but not bad. #2 should be an automatic 2 putt gimme due to the green. That said, I intend to play there again...they gave me a cart path only voucher because my cart died on #10 lol.

Agreed. I played there (Heritage) about a month ago and #2 green was not puttable (the maintenance guys were working on it during my approach and didn't move - sized me up and must not have deemed me much of threat I guess). However, I think $30 is a fair price for that course and would definitely play there. I'll add it. How do the 2/$60 vouchers work Zack - do you buy them at Costco and them call in for tee time to redeem? I'm not a Costco member.

Agreed. I played there (Heritage) about a month ago and #2 green was not puttable (the maintenance guys were working on it during my approach and didn't move - sized me up and must not have deemed me much of threat I guess). However, I think $30 is a fair price for that course and would definitely play there. I'll add it. How do the 2/$60 vouchers work Zack - do you buy them at Costco and them call in for tee time to redeem? I'm not a Costco member.

Buy them online and I just print off the vouchers at my house within a few minutes...super easy.

DMoney, my fellow #teamgreen Kickoff Classic teammate! This is going to give us a chance to do some recon on our #teamwhite opponents: cpljohnst and McJoey. More importantly though - will hopefully shake some rust off my game since I haven't been able to play in the last couple of weeks.

Yes rust will have to come off, looking forward too it need a warmup

I'm fine with St. Marlo, The Frog or Heritage. Any idea on tee time?

I can assist with tee times at The Frog if we decide on that option.

I'm fine with St. Marlo, The Frog or Heritage. Any idea on tee time?

I was thinking in the 9-11 am time window but we haven't really discussed it. I'd be fine with later as well. Never played The Frog but have heard really good things about it.

Back