Back Up Putter(s)

I'm pretty monogamous with putters, they're usually long-term relationships and I don't cheat on them. :LOL: I keep my Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide around as my backup, but I like the Ai-ONE 7S so much better that I'd probably never switch back unless the 7 got lost, stolen or damaged.

I have 4 or 5 other older putters around the house, but that's more because I'm good at buying stuff and I suck at getting rid of stuff.

Nope, I am of the belief that if you have 2 Putters you don't have 1.
I pick 1 and stick with it unless there is a compelling reason to change.

I do play around when I go to a store with a putter selection.

Nope, I am of the belief that if you have 2 Putters you don't have 1.
I pick 1 and stick with it unless there is a compelling reason to change.

I do play around when I go to a store with a putter selection.
I hear you. Kind of like if a football team has 2 starting QBs, they really have no QBs.

I do not swap just to swap, no.

I switch between two. Depends what I’m feeling for the day. Probably not beneficial but oh well, I play for fun.

I like having shape options. If I lose a groove with a blade, game a mallet. When mallets get tired, back to a blade.

Yes. I love gaming different putters. Gotta remember folks. Most of us are doing this for fun. At the end of the day, our scores really don’t matter. Switch up clubs, try something new. Experiment. It’s all just for fun at the end of the day.

No such thing as a backup putter in my life. There's the one I use and that's about it.

I'm pretty set on my gamer but I'll pull out the old Scotty Catalina to remind the gamer it can happen.

i game a mizuno omoi type II at 36 inches with kbs gps shaft since early winter. i like it so much that i gave my wife my back up scotty squareback 2 and i built an identical Mizuno just in case i lose it

Putters are like Quarterbacks, if you have more than one, you don’t really have one.

Putters are like Quarterbacks, if you have more than one, you don’t really have one.
I hear you. I view it as having both Joe Montana and Steve Young on the roster at the same time. We are going to win, just with a little different look.

I gave 2 but somehow they always end up in @Nick Kane bag

Never

I have one but I see it staying on the bench for 2024 as the LAB DF 3 is for real, all of 2023 before the LAB came around I gamed the Enroll, sorry wish I knew how to rotate the pictures

Attachments

• tempImagee1hoBy.png
    tempImagee1hoBy.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
  • tempImageTXWLBs.png
    tempImageTXWLBs.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
I hear you. I view it as having both Joe Montana and Steve Young on the roster at the same time. We are going to win, just with a little different look.
love that analogy ... my favorite team and so lucky to have two great back to back qb's

love that analogy ... my favorite team and so lucky to have two great back to back qb's
Yeah - I couldn’t use the analogy of my Giants QBs. Daniel Jones and Tommy DeVito doesn’t carry the same weight 😂😂😂

I definitely have a mix of options at home..a few different plumbers neck blades with different sight options if I feel my aim is biased one way or another, and then a few different mallets with different neck options. I try not to swap too often, but if I feel like something has gone ice cold, then I'll swap it at least for a round

Yeah - I couldn’t use the analogy of my Giants QBs. Daniel Jones and Tommy DeVito doesn’t carry the same weight 😂😂😂
However that analogy is a more accurate representation of my putting game :ROFLMAO:

I wouldn't say backups, but I have 12 or so putters. If I really hit a putting slump I change shape or hosel type just for a shift in focus. I do frequently take different putters to the practice green for fun, and certainly change putters for a fun round every so often. I do enjoy the variety of diferent equipment.

I currently have 7 putters at the house. I"m a horrible putter so surely getting the right putter will make it better...right? It obviously can't be my fault!

I currently have 7 putters at the house. I"m a horrible putter so surely getting the right putter will make it better...right? It obviously can't be my fault!
This is the correct though process!

Of course.
I play a lot of different courses with an array of maintenance on the greens.
My regular putter works well on average to fast greens, but I struggle with it on slower ( most Muni's ) ones.
Sometimes I just need to look at someling else as well.
A little change never hurts. Always come back to the preferred gamer though.
Current selection.

IMG_1371.jpeg

Last edited:
I made a resolution this year to stick with one putter on the course (my home putting mat is a different story) and for the most part it's been working out nicely, but I do have a few backups that I keep around just in case. I specifically like having my Mizuno M.CRAFT OMOI #4 because while I'm pretty much a mallet guy, this is the only blade putter I own, and I would game it without hesitation if my current Bettinardi wasn't just a smidge better.

I have two I will bounce between.

Back