@j0nesy
I just googled the Axglo E5 and this is what came up. Now it may still handle terrain better as I will do some reading but it's $400 more. As for tax on my Volt purchase I don't know why but I was not charged any tax so my out the door was 1499.Screenshot_20240318_113308_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20240318_113317_Chrome.jpg

@j0nesy
I just googled the Axglo E5 and this is what came up. Now it may still handle terrain better as I will do some reading but it's $400 more. As for tax on my Volt purchase I don't know why but I was not charged any tax so my out the door was 1499.View attachment 9249599View attachment 9249600

Call motocaddy and they will provide a discount code. It handles terrain better because it is more stable by design and the motors adjust to the slope. In addition it has the follow me feature, which to me if the biggest selling point.

@j0nesy
I just googled the Axglo E5 and this is what came up. Now it may still handle terrain better as I will do some reading but it's $400 more. As for tax on my Volt purchase I don't know why but I was not charged any tax so my out the door was 1499.View attachment 9249599View attachment 9249600
Call motocaddy and they will provide a discount code. It handles terrain better because it is more stable by design and the motors adjust to the slope. In addition it has the follow me feature, which to me if the biggest selling point.

Probably should keep this thread talking about the Volt. Start a thread on the other cart is you want to discuss it.

The cart I am considering does not have an additional storage option like the accessory bag that comes with the Bag Boy carts. I love the little net on my Clicgear manual cart and will miss it, I think. The BB acc bag is available for what seems a reasonable price - and looks like it will fit up to the same area as cart I am considering. Can one of you tell or show me what kind of screws BB uses to attach the acc bag to the underside of the frame? Machine into a threaded insert - or sheet metal type of screw into a hole in the tube? Thanks! Hope you guys are all enjoying your Volts.
Would zip ties work ?

Would zip ties work ?
I would imagine that a number of rigging schemes could be made workable. I'm particularly interested in the screws that the unit is meant to work with. Any info on those is appreciated.

Another round with my Volt. Consistently have three out of four green lights showing on the battery and console always shows all four green lights.

I do have an issue with the gray plastic battery release button. It is stuck in the down position. The locking piece moves but the button does not pop up. At this point I am not sure if it is just stuck or broken. I am going to try some WD-40 on it to see if some dirt got into it. Anyone else have this issue?

I have not had that issue but you have had your cart longer than I have and you have more rounds on yours. Hopefully that will correct itself for you.

Another round with my Volt. Consistently have three out of four green lights showing on the battery and console always shows all four green lights.

I do have an issue with the gray plastic battery release button. It is stuck in the down position. The locking piece moves but the button does not pop up. At this point I am not sure if it is just stuck or broken. I am going to try some WD-40 on it to see if some dirt got into it. Anyone else have this issue?
I have felt resistance a few times but it never stayed in the down position. Just thought some dirt got in there.

@tucsondivots, I'd be glad to trade you my button assembly and Battery for your non functioning button and battery! Lol
Have you contacted bagboy for a battery replacement? I would hope they would try to resolve this issue for you. There are several reviews online about battery issues.

I am really curious about your battery. If you have a multimeter, could you take a reading after you charge it and after your round? Mine reads 28.6 after charging.

I am really curious about your battery. If you have a multimeter, could you take a reading after you charge it and after your round? Mine reads 28.6 after charging.
@Waldo0007
Sure. Confirmed 28.6 fully charged. I am playing tomorrow morning so will let you know post round voltage.

I have contacted a Rep from BagBoy and he said I would have to send it back and they would test it to see if it has a problem. I decided to keep using it as I am getting my full round in each time and the battery has not actually failed me yet. We have a 2 year warranty so I'm going to continue to use it until something happens. It will be interesting to see if this battery gets worse or stays like it is. Again the course I play is extremely up and down. It's a workout to walk it. I wouldn't do it without my cart. I also belong to a course at the beach (Ocean City Md) that is flat. Im sure I could play that one and have plenty of battery power left. I just haven't taken it there yet.
I'm playing tomorrow so I'll take my multimeter with me and see what the numbers say.
Rod

I have contacted a Rep from BagBoy and he said I would have to send it back and they would test it to see if it has a problem. I decided to keep using it as I am getting my full round in each time and the battery has not actually failed me yet. We have a 2 year warranty so I'm going to continue to use it until something happens. It will be interesting to see if this battery gets worse or stays like it is. Again the course I play is extremely up and down. It's a workout to walk it. I wouldn't do it without my cart. I also belong to a course at the beach (Ocean City Md) that is flat. Im sure I could play that one and have plenty of battery power left. I just haven't taken it there yet.
I'm playing tomorrow so I'll take my multimeter with me and see what the numbers say.
Rod
I think my battery is psychotic. Friday and Monday it was ok. Today, I played the shortest and flattest course in my rotation. A red light bar on the console and a green bar on the battery. Usually the console shows more bars than the battery. Voltage reading after the round was 23.7. Kinda low.Don't know when the battery would shut off. Friday I play the longest and hilliest of the three courses. Can't wait to see what happens. Glad I have a spare.

Just out of curiosity, how heavy is your bag fully loaded ? Mine tips the scales at a little more than 40 lbs., so a total of at least 70 lbs. push/pull weight.

I think my battery is psychotic. Friday and Monday it was ok. Today, I played the shortest and flattest course in my rotation. A red light bar on the console and a green bar on the battery. Usually the console shows more bars than the battery. Voltage reading after the round was 23.7. Kinda low.Don't know when the battery would shut off. Friday I play the longest and hilliest of the three courses. Can't wait to see what happens. Glad I have a spare.

Just out of curiosity, how heavy is your bag fully loaded ? Mine tips the scales at a little more than 40 lbs., so a total of at least 70 lbs. push/pull weight.
40lbs? Wow!

@Waldo0007, Ok, I just weighed my bag. Was more then I thought it would be. Mine is 25 lbs. I carry 14 clubs, driver, 3 wood and 5 wood. Putter and 3 wedges 5- gap wedge. I have 10 balls a range finder tees and a driver wrench, 2 light jackets for wind or rain. I just bought the bag and it was advertised at 6 lbs. Not much to lighten and bring the load down on the battery. I may be able to drop 3 - 4 lbs but I'm not sure that would lighten the battery draw. I will say you opened up my eyes to the weight of bag. 40 lbs is a lot.
As for my battery it was charged right after I got done playing on Friday and it's been inside the garage sitting, unhooked from the charger. I just tested its voltage and its at 28.19. Not that far off from what you guys have. I'll check it tomorrow when I get home from playing. It's to be around 28 at tee off and only get to low 40s with 10+ wind. I'll let you know.
Rod

Man, what do you load into that bag?

Man, what do you load into that bag?
I like to feed the ducks, chickens,birds and cats (depending on what course I'm playing so I carry a lot of feed. Two umbrellas depending on the weather,extra battery and other misc. stuff. It all adds up. On my old Rovic/V1 cart, I had modded it so it would accept an external battery. I bought a 20 amp battery. It weighed a ton but I was able to play my three rounds a week and only have to recharge the battery on the weekend. Never came close to running out of juice. That bag/cart combo was over 80 lbs. I plan to do the same thing with the Volt but it's too new to be messing around with ...

I like to feed the ducks, chickens,birds and cats (depending on what course I'm playing so I carry a lot of feed. Two umbrellas depending on the weather,extra battery and other misc. stuff. It all adds up. On my old Rovic/V1 cart, I had modded it so it would accept an external battery. I bought a 20 amp battery. It weighed a ton but I was able to play my three rounds a week and only have to recharge the battery on the weekend. Never came close to running out of juice. That bag/cart combo was over 80 lbs. I plan to do the same thing with the Volt but it's too new to be messing around with ...
Ok, I'll ask...

Why 2 umbrellas? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Ok, I'll ask...

Why 2 umbrellas? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I knew someone would ask... :) If I think it's going to rain, I take my 72" umbrella along. It's big enough to cover my cart/bag/clubs easily. My bag is a Titleist StaDry waterproof bag so I don't have put a rain cover on it. The smaller 48" one is for me. It's small enough to carry in one hand and it keeps rain/sun off of me. I find it cumbersome to try to keep under the umbrella when it is mounted to the cart. Guys I golf with think I'm nuts but I like to keep myself amused.

• Haha
Reactions: Bus
Back