#BagBattles - What's Yours?

Well the putter battle is over. After some extended time on the practice green this weekend the Red #7 has handily beaten all competitors for now.
But have you tried the EvnRoll line? :bulgyeyes:

I have at the shop but not on the course.
I've found them to be super accurate and the tech works incredibly IMO

OK...weird answer. Ping G30 driver, AND TM R1....Ping G15 hybrids....MP-69 blades 6-PW, then Ping Eye 2 PW for most ALL my short shots, even bunker play. For me, blades...just make line-up much easier on 6-PW shots. And a new Odyssey Red putter, 34", light because I play on fast greens.

The TM Aeroburner Mini 16 vs Cally XR16 3W battle will resume this weekend!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Steelhead XR 3 hybrid vs M2 5 wood. The hybrid is winning. Ref could stop the fight very soon...

This Friday begins the Apex 3H vs Ping G400 3H battle. Looking for a lighter feel, higher launch, anti-hook, and holes-in-one on 200-210 yard Par 3s.

It's time for a little lunchtime center shaft putter battle!

bc28d4e578f1eba4ff26949feb922121.jpg

Mine is pretty much all about irons, right now... C300 Forged, i200, 716CB, and some others...

Currently working on which shaft for the G400 Max: Fujikura Atmos TS Blue of Project X Evenflow Black. The Fuji is in the lead so far...

Putters...

Rogue Pro with XP105 Stepless won out over CF16 in the iron category. (for now)

In the never ending quest for the Driver the battle has been narrowed down. Rogue SZ 9* Head has won the spot. However the shaft battle continues. PX Evenflow Blue is out. Down to PX Hzrdus Yellow and Synergy with the current nod going to the Hzrdus Yellow.

Putter is between Red Marxman S neck and Toulon Memphis DB. Currently Toulon is on the bench. But there will be a new contender here shortly. Either EXO Rossie S neck or my 1st #7 S neck. I’ve never pitted well with the 7, but with the S neck it’s in the top 3 all of the sudden.

Ball is still between CS18 & CSX18 still working that out. Slight nod here to the CS18.

Fairway, Hybrid and wedges set Rogue SZ 3 13.5 and Rogue 4H MD3 52,56 by AT. & MD4 60

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The battle still continues, but 3W is edging out mini driver right now. It's more versatile in shot shapes and profile (read: it is actually capable of fades and I can actually hit it off the deck).

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

3w-apalooza starts next Monday when the M4 arrives. The CBX is great, the EX10 Beta is great. The Rogue 3 and 3+ launch too low for me which pains me given the combo of speed AND forgiveness. The M4 could be a ton of fun. The Cleveland HB has been a revelation.

I'm afflicted to 3/4w.

Its that time of year where golf gets played less, and new and shiny plays around in our heads more. Let's bump this!

#BAGBATTLES

I'll kick this party off again.

While I'm waiting to get the 785 head in from Dan to do the 585/785 testing, I've got a battle going on at driver that I didn't expect.

Best shots last session (didn't have iPad with me, will be actually happy to have an iPhone again for the GC2 app alone):

PING G400 Max w/ TPT 16 LKP 10.5
Ball Speed:164
Launch: 11.2
Spin: 2874 RPM
Peak: 32 Y

Srixon 585 w/ ACCRA FX 2.0 270
Ball Speed: 166
Launch: 10.9
Spin: 2738 RPM
Peak: 33 Y

So, yeah. For pure distance potential, the 585 is winning, which I never expected with how I have been hitting the Max the past almost year. But, accuracy wise, nothing touches the Max, its more straight for me than anything I have played. Some will say easy choice, but man, that ball speed.....

Been toying with a CBX in the 50 spot as I love the V-Sole, and a RTX4 in the 54 spot for the same reason. After enough rounds and practice to form an opinion, I'm sticking my gamers. Set AW works as well on chips when I do my job, and I like having some consistency there for full swings. In the 54 spot, maybe it's confidence from playing it this season but I just like the MD4 better. Even after a season of play the MD4 still spins the you-know-what out of the ball on partial shots. The playability difference offered by the sole, in the conditions I play wasn't really as impactful as I thought it would be. My success rate is was almost identical between my gamers and the Cleveland options. They all good clubs, just easier for me to stick with what I've had success with this year.

Some shaft tinkering upcoming, but that's the most I can think of right now.

Irons are final: srixon 785
3w final: ts2
Wedges: rtx4 vs sm7
Driver: ts2 vs 785
DI: u85 vs gpr low

Still loving my CF16's, but I have had them for a looonng time...flirted with AP3, but did not enough to replace CF16.
919 forged made me look, but doubtful.

Putters: two will enter, one will leave. PXG Bat Attack P vs. Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5. PXG with the early advantage in carpet putting distance control. Scotty looks pretty, but the black shaft on the PXG is t3h hawtness.

Irons: oh, boy.

Set 1: Mizuno MP-H5. Good irons, nice spin, love the shaft. Loads on a smooth swing but doesn’t feel like I can overpower it. More workable, for better or worse... mostly worse. Mishits give me some feedback. Nothing feels like a Mizuno.

Set 2: Ping G400. Extremely forgiving, high flight, wants to go straight. Not a big fan of the feel of the Modus 105 in S. X might be a better fit, but might as well trade in for a new set at that price. Miss the feedback when I play them; every shot feels like it was a good one. Set wedges are good. Prone to dead bird knucklers out of thick rough.

My Thoughts: Stick to one set and learn how to adjust to them so I can score better. May trade in one set for credit.
My Counter: Shiny! Trade in both for new shiny! Who cares about scores?

I've got a battle! Plz help!
P790 4-pw
P790/770 combo 4/5-pw
Mp18sc 4-pw
790/mp18sc combo...4/5-pw
Someone help me decide!

Cleveland Launcher HB 4i vs Callaway X Forged 4i

Chrome Soft vs Chrome Soft X. I go back and forth and I feel like I could game both...but they can't both be best for me right?

I am playing with grips right now. There are 6 different grips represented on my current set of clubs. Just rotated them around tonight and added some tape to some.

Back