Ball Lands in a Divot In a Casual Round: Do You Move It? (Poll)

Ball Lands in a Divot In a Casual Round: Do You Move It? (Poll)

• Always play it as it lies

Votes: 37 29.1%
  • Always move it

Votes: 22 17.3%
  • Sometimes leave it, sometimes move it

Votes: 68 53.5%

• Total voters
Rumor is Philly V paid a guy to do it in your call-out last year...

Salt.
Meet wound.

Yeah, Phil did move it back towards the woods where his shot was though....
Just far enough to give himself a shot into the green though.....:angry:

If I'm having a bad round, which is when I generally would move it, I don't care whether I'm posting it for my handicap or not. It's not going to be calculated in it anyway. Just my own opinion.

I think a divot should be considered ground under repair. They ask you to fix them.

If I play into a perfectly awful divot that someone obviously didn't repair....I'll probably move it.

If I roll into a divot with some sand at the bottom...I'll play it.

I have enough practice playing out of awful lies. I'm not going to be punished for hitting the dead middle of a fairway because some dick didn't repair.

I used to always move it but now I just basically hit off anything that won't wreck my club or my body.

Stupid rule.

My group agrees that it is an unfair penalty and allow rolling them.

Just because the PGA has a stupid rule, doesn't mean we have to follow it.

During tournaments I avoid the fairway so that I don't land in a divot. :eek:k:

I'm playing it down. I don't really have much issue hitting from a divot. It's not ideal but it certainly doable

I will move it sometimes. Doesn't hurt to practice ale very once in a while hitting out of them

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

No. One day, I'm gonna land in a divot when I can't move it and have to play the shot. Besides, I don't find it that difficult a shot. Hit down on the ball, the ball pops out nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm putting in as many rounds into my GHIN as I can, so almost always I'm leaving it there and cursing!

If there is a hazard up ahead like water, I will move it because I really don't want to risk losing a ball for such a stupid rule. However, if a miss does me no harm other than having to take another shot, I will play it down.

It really depends. Most of the time I'll just play it from the divot. It's good practice, more reflective of your handicap, and the shot usually isn't all that much harder anyway. Once and awhile I'll bump it out, $ games or events where everyone is permitted to improve their fairway lies, forced carries that might cost a ball, scrambles, etc... It's a rule long overdue for change though IMO.

Play real golf!!!

If I'm honest with myself, I move it 8 times out of 10 and the 2 times I don't it's because the divot isn't bad

Winter time we play lift and clean in the FWs so I'm moving it. Any other time I'll play it. It doesn't happen that often though.

Depends on the circumstances of the round. I have no problem hitting out of one, of course, I would rather not so I will move it out if it's just a casual round. It's a ridiculous rule anyway. Back in the old days, I used to play out of them intentionally ... just to see if I could hit the shot. But now I'm old .... & I don't wanna.

I voted sometimes because the winter rules around here (in winters where we actually get to play) allow preferred lies in the fairway. In the summer, I don't move it. I do b*tch about it though.

Play real golf!!!

It's still golf, man. If it's for handicap tracking, or in a competitive game, I say play it down.

If it's 40 degrees and wet, and you're just out there for the love of the game, roll it, tee it up, hit it with a shovel.. I couldn't care less.

Play it as it lies, how else would you know how to play out of a divot if you always use preferred lies...

Just out of curiosity, for the people who say never move it, play it as it lies, you have to to turn your score in etc, do you never hit 2 balls off the 1st tee then either if you turn your score in? I'd say often that is a bigger advantage than not hitting out of a divot.

Just out of curiosity, for the people who say never move it, play it as it lies, you have to to turn your score in etc, do you never hit 2 balls off the 1st tee then either if you turn your score in? I'd say often that is a bigger advantage than not hitting out of a divot.

Ever since about two years ago when I said i'd take golf seriously, the only rounds I keep a score on are the ones where I follow the rules. Anything else is a practice round lol.. (Hence my HCDP) :banghead:

Ever since about two years ago when I said i'd take golf seriously, the only rounds I keep a score on are the ones where I follow the rules. Anything else is a practice round lol.. (Hence my HCDP) :banghead:

So when you're practicing, everything is unmoved? 100%?

It's still golf, man. If it's for handicap tracking, or in a competitive game, I say play it down.

If it's 40 degrees and wet, and you're just out there for the love of the game, roll it, tee it up, hit it with a shovel.. I couldn't care less.
I highly recommend....the shovel! #TinCup

Back