Ball you like but don't play because of price?

jjfcpa

Reaction score
Handicap
I like the ProV1, but refuse to play it because it's just priced too high. Especially, since the performance is not any better than some of the other balls that I play... such as, Snell MTB Black, Bridgestone Tour B RX, Srixon Z Star.

I like most manufacturers of golf balls. I've not played the majority of them as I tend to stay in the cheaper end of the spectrum. For my game, most any ball will do... if there's a $30 in front of the price or higher I tend not to play them. I've never gamed a Titleist ProV1.

Answer has to be ProVs right? I love it when I play it but $52/dozen (from Titleist Website) is too rich for my blood when the chance of misplacing one with a bad swing can happen at any moment.

ProV1x. I was fit to this by Titleist . That fitting proved to me that I need a higher spinning ball to gain more height with my irons. But I pollenate every course I touch with many many golf balls. So there is no way I can afford to play a premium ball like this. It's painful enough going through as many $2 balls as I do. But I go though less of those than the $0.50 balls I've played in the past.

Srixon. I bought them last year because they were cheap and I was playing terrible and losing a lot of golf balls. I'll probly use them again this Spring as I try to get this game in order!

I don't think I have bought a box of ProV1's before but I do enjoy finding them on the course.

anything over $40 really

Anything over $28/dozen for me; there's plenty of quality & choices in the $20-25 range.

Last edited:
I like the ProV1, but refuse to play it because it's just priced too high. Especially, since the performance is not any better than some of the other balls that I play... such as, Snell MTB Black, Bridgestone Tour B RX, Srixon Z Star.

Any new ball. Just not worth spending that kind of cash on a ball when you can get very slightly used balls for far less.

lostgolfballs.com FTW

This doesn’t exist in my world.

Any over about $45 bills

I just don't worry about the cost anymore. I play to enjoy the game, if I lose a $4 golf ball so be it.

For as many as I tend to loose, I don't buy too many expensive balls. Usually try to stay well under $20 dozen.

I am going to vote OnCore Genius. No mater how much you pay, you don't event get the ball!

Like many, my game (read: the number of balls I lose) just doesn't support the need for expensive balls. Love the ProV1, but just cant justify playing them. There are plenty of reasonable options for a hack like me in the $30-and-under range.

Chrome Soft for me. I don't like ProV1s, so can't count them for me.

Titleist ProV1/x. It isn't so much the price -- they are pricey -- as it is the fact that I can't play a round without tripping over a Titleist ball. While others fight over which Titleist ball is theirs, I am happy with a relatively uncommon Srixon or Bridgestone.

Callaway Chromesoft Truvis. I bought some with Callaway gift cards and finally got to game them last week. I love them around the green for chipping and putting, BUT since I generally try to stay around $20/dozen they aren’t on my normal list.

I really like the Titleist AVX balls but won't pay the full retail price for them. Even if I was willing, I still prefer the Bridgestone Tour B RX balls and would keep buying them over the AVX. I find enough AVX balls to keep me satisfied with playing them occasionally.

Like the others, Pro V1. Its an amazing ball but Im not sure that the price is worth it for most.

Any new ball. Just not worth spending that kind of cash on a ball when you can get very slightly used balls for far less.

lostgolfballs.com FTW

Wilson Staff FG Tour

Probably the Pro V-1, but price is not the only reason for me not playing it.

I just don't have the swing to take full advantage a premium $4-$5 dollar ball. I'd shoot the same score regardless of the price of the ball.

Back