Ball you like but don't play because of price?

Titleist AVX or Callaway ERC. Too rich for my blood.

Even though I can afford expensive balls, I simply don't buy them. My game is not at that level of play yet.

Pro V1x. Great ball. Too expensive. I only play the ones I find that some other poor hacker has lost. Currently gaming Snell. Comparable performance to the ProV1x for me. 60% of the cost. We all owe Dean Snell a big thank you for his business model. Have you noticed how the prices for tour quality balls has come down? Does "Buy three dozen, get a fourth free" sound familiar?. I have also found a few of the new Bridgestones, and have to say they are very well suited to my game as well. If Snell wasn't around, I would probably be leaning toward them.

I still think the V1X is the best ball for my game. Unfortunately I just lose too many balls still which makes dishing out $4 per a sore spot.

I don't usually buy the $45 per dozen golf balls. The last ones I just bought were 2 dozen Maxfli for $25.

I don't have a problem paying for any golf balls. So I guess I'm the anomaly

Honma TW-G6, expensive and hard to find.

I use what ever is on sale. Interesting side note, I recently got fit for new clubs at CC. When I picked them up I asked the fitter if I could use the fitting bay for a few minutes. I tried a $1 Wilson vs a $4 ProV on the monitor. No difference in distance for my swing speed (80mph). I can't vouch for around the greens, but the numbers didn't lie. So sticking with the lower priced Wilson, except for the "easter eggs" I find in the lake or woods (ProV). Play those until they get launched in the water (lol) and then back to the Wilsons.

Mizuno RB Tour X. I love this ball but the poor durability means that I have to buy more of them at a premium price.

I’d go with Truvis. I love the look and find them easier to track in the air. I’m WAY too cheap to actually buy them though. I’ve only ever played a couple of them that I’ve found on the course.

Titliest higher end balls, ProV1/X/AVX. Great balls but I lose too many to even consider spending $45-50 per doz.

I use what ever is on sale. Interesting side note, I recently got fit for new clubs at CC. When I picked them up I asked the fitter if I could use the fitting bay for a few minutes. I tried a $1 Wilson vs a $4 ProV on the monitor. No difference in distance for my swing speed (80mph). I can't vouch for around the greens, but the numbers didn't lie. So sticking with the lower priced Wilson, except for the "easter eggs" I find in the lake or woods (ProV). Play those until they get launched in the water (lol) and then back to the Wilsons.
I find a lot of ProVs on the course, and since I won't play them, I give them all to my friend who plays ProVs. Maybe that's why he's my friend. :LOL:

AVX, luckily I like the Q-star tour as well or maybe even better. And I like Srixon's yellow.

Pro V1x. Great ball. Too expensive. I only play the ones I find that some other poor hacker has lost. Currently gaming Snell. Comparable performance to the ProV1x for me. 60% of the cost. We all owe Dean Snell a big thank you for his business model. Have you noticed how the prices for tour quality balls has come down? Does "Buy three dozen, get a fourth free" sound familiar?. I have also found a few of the new Bridgestones, and have to say they are very well suited to my game as well. If Snell wasn't around, I would probably be leaning toward them.

The buy 3 get 1 free makes all the premium balls very affordable. My club is running this deal on Taylormade TP5 right now which brings the price down to $30/dozen. Next month it will be ProV1’s on the same deal.

I play proV’s all the time.......I just don’t buy them. There’s too many kind folks that leave them around the course for me to find

I love the Bridgestone Tour B XS, we get to play them at the simulator and they feel amazing coming off the club face, but can't bring myself to spend that much on a ball yet for my own outdoor game.

that's easy....AVX
It fits my game perfectly but so does the Q star tour and a bunch less money

Chrome Soft Truvis, Love them but I can't stand loosing a 5 dollar ball.

With what I spend on equipment each year, a $52 a dozen ball is inconsequential to me. So my answer is no, this issue does not exist for me.

Like others have stated, I just dont have the swing speed for the high compression balls. QSTs work great for me. I did buy a dozen of the Taylormade Tour Response to try out but at $34.99/dozen the had better show a big improvement over the current Srixons for me to game all year.

Can’t think of one. I prefer the Z Star. I buy ProV1 but honestly my game is equal of better with the Z Star.

I used to really like the ProV1, but stopped playing because of the cost (had only played used).
I want to like the Chrome Soft, but stay away because of the cost as well.

If money and skill were both abundant, I would play either of the two. Because they aren't, I play E6's, Q-Stars, and SuperHots.

I don't have a problem paying for any golf balls. So I guess I'm the anomaly

Are your getting them for free?? Hahaha

just kidding, i think of balls as golf gas. I have to buy it so I don’t look at the price.

Back