Ballnamic: PING Ball Fitting?

I redid a ballnamic about a week ago and they didn't at that point. I haven't found any info what is there or when the 2024 would come.

Same. I'm sure it will be a while before they get the 2024 balls added. Not sure they get advance versions of them.

I am probably going to take the plunge on this at some point this year just because I think it is interesting. I am not sure about the value but it is pretty cool. Plus I have lots of launch monitor data to work with.

I am probably going to take the plunge on this at some point this year just because I think it is interesting. I am not sure about the value but it is pretty cool. Plus I have lots of launch monitor data to work with.
I took the 4 best performing balls in Ballnamic and hit them on the monitor to see which would be the best for me. It narrowed down the options and brought new ones to mind.

Got some updated LM numbers yesterday for 7i and Driver so figured I'd plug them into Ballnamic and see if anything changed.

It did...

Screenshot 2024-01-07 at 7.32.05 AM.png

Looks like I got a new ball to add to the list of testing this year. I wish the new Cally balls were in the database but it's way too early for that.

Is anyone finding the results are actually benefiting your game? I love the metrics part of this but is the real value to be found?

Is anyone finding the results are actually benefiting your game? I love the metrics part of this but is the real value to be found?
I think there is value to be found in getting a starting point for ball testing. I wouldn’t just blindly go play the Tour BX this year just bc Ballnamic said so but I will test it out and see how I like it when I otherwise probably wouldn’t

I think there is value to be found in getting a starting point for ball testing. I wouldn’t just blindly go play the Tour BX this year just bc Ballnamic said so but I will test it out and see how I like it when I otherwise probably wouldn’t
Good point. I don't have bunch of ball data from a sim. Are you finding non-sim data gets value in finding the right ball too?

Good point. I don't have bunch of ball data from a sim. Are you finding non-sim data gets value in finding the right ball too?
To get the best data to put in Ballnamic I’d try to go somewhere that you can swing a 7i and a driver on a monitor and record the numbers. Most golf stores will have a LM for you to put a couple swings on for free.

I can safely say that going through Ballnamic and finding a few balls to test helped me find a ball that was much better for me than what I played before. And I know I have 3 balls I can put into play and know what they'll do. Before that, I wasn't playing a ball that suited me as well as these 3 do.

I can safely say that going through Ballnamic and finding a few balls to test helped me find a ball that was much better for me than what I played before. And I know I have 3 balls I can put into play and know what they'll do. Before that, I wasn't playing a ball that suited me as well as these 3 do.
That’s great news. Going to give it a go

Decided to run through ballnamic again since I've done a lot of work to increase swing speed and cleanup my club path.

I got some VERY INTERESTING results that I did not expect, at all.

Screenshot 2024-03-23 at 12.32.25 PM.png

I have never hit the Wilson Staff Model R. I think I may go pickup a box today. I'm waiting on a Bridgestone Tour BX delivery because that's the ball I've picked to start the year with but they haven't arrived yet.

I'll be honest though the
  • UNPAINTED URETHANE COVER: The urethane cover has been left completely unpainted, creating a perfectly even surface for true balance and straighter flight.

Being touted on their website is giving me a bit of pause though.

Last edited:
Decided to run through ballnamic again since I've done a lot of work to increase swing speed and cleanup my club path.

I got some VERY INTERESTING results that I did not expect, at all.

View attachment 9250971

I have never hit the Wilson Staff Model R. I think I may go pickup a box today. I'm waiting on a Bridgestone Tour BX delivery because that's the ball I've picked to start the year with but they haven't arrived yet.

• UNPAINTED URETHANE COVER: The urethane cover has been left completely unpainted, creating a perfectly even surface for true balance and straighter flight.

Are the new Cally balls in yet?

I just went down to the golf store to check out the Wilson Staff R. It’s a BIG NO for me. The unpainted finish is super weird to look at and feel. I can only imagine how much the grass and dirt is going to stain it. I passed on the Ballnamic suggestion this time.

Instead I went with a ball I’ve been looking to try out Srixon Zstar 🔹. I bet the ballflight will be higher than I prefer but should be fun around the greens.

Last edited:
I just went down to the golf store to check out the Wilson Staff R. It’s a BIG NO for me. The unpainted finish is super weird to look at and feel. I can only imagine how much the grass and dirt is going to stain it. I passed on the Ballnamic suggestion this time.

Instead I went with a ball I’ve been looking to try out Srixon Zstar 🔹. I bet the ballflight will be higher than I prefer but should be fun around the greens.
Yeah, I was going to post that the "R" is a big NO!
They really dirty up quickly. Even Bob Thurman from Wilson said that in a interview that I saw at the 2024 Orlando Show.

Absolutely. I know a bunch of guys that found the ball that helped them play better golf from it.

For me it mostly reinforces what my testing has shown for me.

want to hear something really interesting. I’ve decided to play the tour BX this year and I’ve been posting about it for the past few weeks. I totally forgot about this post from back in January.
Cosmo Kramer Mind Blown GIF

ALL HAIL BALLNAMIC

Got this today too. Exciting stuff I think I have two more analysis left. Gonna run it again here in a few days.

It fit me into BX at the start of the year and TBH I don’t think there is a whole ton of difference between the 2022 and 2024 BX, to me.

Last edited:
$15 off code got me. With my current gamer Chrome Tour X numbers, I got recommend in order Z Star XV, ProV1, Chrome Tour, Wilson Staff, and Chrome Tour X. First 4 were between 97-95% with the Chrome Tour X being 82%. Main driver of the lower % was iron workability being high where I set my preferences to low. I had actually been wondering if I had picked CTX too quickly for the iron spin and would be better off with less workability.

For reference looks like my last recs in Nov 2022 with Tour B X numbers had recs of Tour B X, CSX, CSXLS, Wilson Triad, and Maxfli Tour.

Definitely doing an updated for you tonight! Maybe even a misfit too just to see some other results.

Back