Balls! How do you buy?

When there is a deal to be had. I usually jump.

Though more often now, I play whatever I’ve put my HS kids in as the price is right in the bulk we order.

Now is the time to buy Titleist ProV and AVX Series.

Bridgestone has a similar deal -

Definitely, took advantage of both to stock up on AVX's and BRX's....still working out which one I prefer but the BRX has really gotten my attention. It is really long.

at this point, i usually go with what i'm used to or know i've seen good bite around the greens with

i usually buy wherever is cheapest

I choose a ball based up what Ive heard about it and trying it myself. Brand is a factor, kind of but I dont think there is as much of a difference between the brands as their used to be because golf balls havent changed all that much recently and because a lot of the old patients have now expired, so everyone can pretty much use the same technology.
Right now, I play Maxflis because its a good ball that you can get at a great price and I love the history of the brand (even if Maxfli today shares nothing with the old Maxflis of old other than the name) but Im also kind of eyeing the new Mizuno balls and I always give Bridgestone and Srixon a try every year because I love some of the things they are doing.
As for where I buy them from, I tend to buy them from GG or DSG because its convenient and because you can often get deals if you time it right. Just last week, I bought 3 dozen of the Maxfli Softfli when they were on sale 3 dozen for $30. At that price, you cant beat it.

American Family has a good deal their promotions website. My brother and I will order 6 dozens of the Prov1x and Prov1 with AmFam logo on it. I think we pay $32 a dozen.

Back