Been relying on this much more than usual

Parrot

2025 Worldwide Golf Championship - Team ?????
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Maybe it’ll help someone as they face this mess:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Last edited:
Maybe it’ll help someone as they face this mess:

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Very thoughtful. Hope wisdom is not in short supply these days.

great outlook

Amen

Great outlook. Ive noticed a lot of grumpiness setting in on folks on social media already. FB is an absolute disaster currently.

@Parrot, Great words to live by! Thanks for sharing. 🙏

Another reason why I love this place! Well said!🙏

I know this from NA.... not sure that’s how you know the serenity prayer as well.
Not being able to go to NA during this time has been tough, luckily they have virtual meetings over the phone! NA saved my life.

edit: I realize this isn’t NA, just wanted to say thanks. It just made me think how much I need it during a time like this. Thank you for that daily reminder.

I know this from NA.... not sure that’s how you know the serenity prayer as well.
Not being able to go to NA during this time has been tough, luckily they have virtual meetings over the phone! NA saved my life.
It’s used in AA as well. Good for most things in life. Glad you have a virtual outlet.

Patience, grace, and compassion should guide all our thoughts. This sucks for everybody. We should be nice and keep tabs on each other.

AA is just as important to me. It is tough not having that place of comfort.

Ahhh yes makes sense. I just really needed this today. Who thought I’ve find the motivation to live just for today on THP. Love this place
These are trying times, it is important to take care of yourself and others. Keep your chin up.

This place seems to be a place that people have been able to share and express, For the most part, without being crappy to others......its why i "THP"

Glad it works for you. Remaining calm is always a good attribute.

Glad to see a lot of friends of Bill W on this site! Been a Friend of his for 33+ years "One day at a Time"
I am hitting 15 years tomorrow. Seems like a totally different lifetime for me at this point. I still have reminders of my old life though, I lost a friend last week who never got control of her addiction and I saw it coming for a couple of years. I always offered help, but she couldn’t bring herself to it. I never take my time for granted and I am grateful for every day.

I am hitting 15 years tomorrow. Seems like a totally different lifetime for me at this point. I still have reminders of my old life though, I lost a friend last week who never got control of her addiction and I saw it coming for a couple of years. I always offered help, but she couldn’t bring herself to it. I never take my time for granted and I am grateful for every day.
That's for sure, Bud. Not for one minute will I think I'm cured. Too many examples thru my life to remind me that all I have is today.;)

But for the grace of God, . . .

That's for sure, Bud. Not for one minute will I think I'm cured. Too many examples thru my life to remind me that all I have is today.;)

Ain’t that the truth.

I lost an ex girlfriend in November to an overdose. It shook me so much. It made me want to get clean. I have 40 days now. I was on “maintenance” drugs for 3 years and this gave me the push to get off everything. Those 3 years have me life back but I never truly felt clean and sober. Which are 2 different things. Glad to see part of the community here living a happy clean life. I am excited for the future.

I lost an ex girlfriend in November to an overdose. It shook me so much. It made me want to get clean. I have 40 days now. I was on “maintenance” drugs for 3 years and this gave me the push to get off everything. Those 3 years have me life back but I never truly felt clean and sober. Which are 2 different things. Glad to see part of the community here living a happy clean life. I am excited for the future.
I’ll say this the best way I know how.
“One Day at a Time” and “To Thine own self Be True”

Back