Ben Hogan Equalizer Wedges

Had 2 bunker shots Tuesday. One greenside and one from a fairway bunker about 80 yards out. The Equalizer really excels in the sand! Both found the green. I can open the 58* and just blast the ball out of the super soft sand!

I'm playing the member guest this weekend at a friends course, and this morning started with three birdies back-to-back-to-back courtesy of the Equalizer's! The rest of the round short game was pretty decent too... several nice gap wedge chips that bounced twice and checked up hard before settling at perfect distance for a tap in.

Very happy with how these are playing for me this season.

My father in law used my wedges today and loved them. He has been having fits with a bunch of different options, but seems to really like these after a round and a half with them. These wedges are really impressive.

My father in law used my wedges today and loved them. He has been having fits with a bunch of different options, but seems to really like these after a round and a half with them. These wedges are really impressive.

Sometimes I wonder if so many grind options can lead a golfer to paralysis or outlier choices. One thing I've grown to appreciate is that these have one option and it flat works.

Also, the longer I have them in the bag, the more I like them. Performance, visually, feel, all of it.

Sometimes I wonder if so many grind options can lead a golfer to paralysis or outlier choices. One thing I've grown to appreciate is that these have one option and it flat works.

Also, the longer I have them in the bag, the more I like them. Performance, visually, feel, all of it.
I think you are spot on. If your wedge game is to keep the face square through impact, or perhaps open the face a few degrees, these are real hard to beat. The sole design just moves though all sorts of turf and gets the ball up.

He tends to swing off his back foot a bit, so the lighter recoil shafts seem to have stopped him from hitting fat as much.

These wedges have been a welcome to my bag. I haven’t felt so comfortable over a wedge in awhile! Several of the lofts can be used with a variety of shots! If I’ve got a wedge in hand I know I’m giving myself either a good shot at birdie or can convert any up and down!

I had a rough weekend pitching and chipping, so took my equalizer 60 and chipped about 200 balls outside to get back to regaining my touch and get my swing more disciplined again. Feeing better now, but still some work to do with my 50.

The black DBM finish is holding up so well after a year! I’m using the 50* a lot to practice little 1/2 shots. Working on making clean crisp contact. Feel is amazing. The snapping sound of the ball off the face is so sweet.

Had a great time on the Par 3 this evening! Hitting these wedges really well. I have worked the last few weeks on getting my ball flight down, and was having a lot of success flighting them down tonight! Chipping is usually one hop and stop or one hop and a touch of roll out. Found one bunker on #9. The sand was really compacted from all the rain we have had this week. I dug in, opened the 58* a little and blasted the ball out with relative ease to about 10 ft. I have so much confidence in my bunker play now thanks to these clubs! A year ago, I was using a Cleveland Smart Sole wedge in the bunkers. Equalizers are extremely underrated wedges and such a tremendous value! For basically $100 you get a fully forged, cnc machined, DBM wedge!

These wedges are still absolutely money for me. Been playing them for about 2 years now (same 50* and 2 sets of 54*/58*) with absolutely no plans on playing any other wedges. The 54 and 58 DBM wedges have been through 200 - 250 rounds and still look really good. And I use them a lot every round.

Wedges are still performing and looking good. In all honesty, I did blade the heck out of the 54* from a hard pan lie! Wasn’t paying attention and well...🤷‍♂️😆! #operatorerror #slightmiscalculation

Started my lesson today hitting the 54° Equalizer. Worked on ball first contact. Really impressed by the performance of these wedges. The V-sole is a great design.

These really saved me a few times today. Hit some nice chips and pitches. Actually opened the 58° up and hit some nice high pitches. I slam dunked the 58° from just off the green to save par! I did have a bad lie in a bunker with about a 20 yard shot to the flag. I tried to hit the 50°, I got the ball out and into the fringe. At that distance, I should have tried to pick the ball out of the sand instead of blasting it out!

Can’t wait to try these

Wedge ponder with my PTx/Icon set coming... iron set has DG300, promoted as low launch/low spin shaft. Has anyone with this set up gone with a different shaft for the wedges? Leaning KBS Tour 90, high launch/high spin.

I think most went with the DBM finish, having seen them in person I know just how incredible they are.
It's definitely durable. I'm about 80rds in I'm just now starting to see light wearing of the finish. I wish it would have been available for our PTx Pro’s, but I do kind of like having the brushed chrome on the irons contrasting my DBM wedges.

KBS Tour 90 regular flex in PTX Pros 4-PW and 50, 56 and 60 equalizer wedges. Absolutely LOVE THEM. Wedges play pure and sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So these wedges are changing my approach to chipping and pitching. If I just remember to use the mass of the club head do it’s work and accelerate through the ball im reward with great results.

open it up, do the same with a wrist flip...flop-tastic!

So these wedges are changing my approach to chipping and pitching. If I just remember to use the mass of the club head do it’s work and accelerate through the ball im reward with great results.

open it up, do the same with a wrist flip...flop-tastic!

hole 8 at the ocean course is proof of flop tastic
Euphoria!!

hole 8 at the ocean course is proof of flop tastic
Euphoria!!
I pulled it off another one today. And darted some other full swing wedges

I’m curious to know who took the leap to graphite shafts with these wedges. My father in law is still playing my set with the Recoil 780s and raves about how great they feel compared to his Ping Glide 2.0 set.

Anyone else make that jump, or thought about trying graphite shafts in their wedges?

I’m curious to know who took the leap to graphite shafts with these wedges. My father in law is still playing my set with the Recoil 780s and raves about how great they feel compared to his Ping Glide 2.0 set.

Anyone else make that jump, or thought about trying graphite shafts in their wedges?

I believe @JDax played them in graphite our last round out.

Back