Ben Hogan ICON Irons

Those are some pretty clubs!

We heard quite a bit about these last November and I have a feeling they will surprise some folks.

That "halo effect" is the classic Hogan blade-on-blade profile, one of the brands most signature design elements. First introduced in 1963 with the IPT (Improved Power Thrust).

img207-e1384835419278.jpg
Wait. Improved @PowerThrust? Does he know?

I do like the looks of these for sure. Brings back memories of when I actually played a blade. Not sure my game is up to that challenge anymore. :eek:

I'm ready to game the snot out of set of these. So ready.

BenHoganArnoldPalmer.jpg

Having played the Radial and the Apex, I really like the high toe design. Don't know if I'll be able to hit the ICON but I sure would love to give it a try.

These just hit the USGA list. I have had these in hand and they are stunning and fit the mold of the Ben Hogan equipment. Modern muscle back design with some sharp lines and an industrial elegance to them.

View attachment 8929792
Maybe looking toward having a tour presence again?

Website has some more picture and some info.

Website has some more picture and some info.
$750 for a set of beautiful forged blades??? Looks like they added some shaft options from last time I checked out their sets. Last time I looked they didn't have X100's. Looks like some recoils in there as well.

$750 for a set of beautiful forged blades??? Looks like they added some shaft options from last time I checked out their sets. Last time I looked they didn't have X100's. Looks like some recoils in there as well.

Yeah, the page looks really unfinished and is a bit of a mess right now but you get the idea and there are a few more pictures. Small criticism is that the pictures look to have decent amount of offset but, that could all be angles of the picture and not completely accurate.

Is there an E wedge though??? They will have nailed it if so. I know they have the Equalizer wedges, but a true hogan set should end with E not W or PW.

Yeah, the page looks really unfinished and is a bit of a mess right now but you get the idea and there are a few more pictures. Small criticism is that the pictures look to have decent amount of offset but, that could all be angles of the picture and not completely accurate.

Is there an E wedge though??? They will have nailed it if so. I know they have the Equalizer wedges, but a true hogan set should end with E not W or PW.
The BUY NOW shows 4-PW so, I am assuming no "E" wedge. Especially since they have the Equalizer line of wedges.

The BUY NOW shows 4-PW so, I am assuming no "E" wedge. Especially since they have the Equalizer line of wedges.

Thats a bit of a bummer. But really not that big of a deal.

Yeah, that's one criticism I had when I spoke with @BHGtylerb during the Hogan Event. But, just like removing the lofts, it puts the irons in a standard that 99% of golfers understand and are familiar with!

Icon-01-HR.jpgIcon-02-HR.jpgIcon-03-HR.jpgIcon-04-HR.jpgIcon-06-HR.jpg

I guess I'm not too worried about the offset. For a modern 6 iron mb, it seems to be in line with what I've seen at retail from other OEMs. At least to my eye. I just saw a pic of Rickie Fowler's 9 iron that sent shivers down my spine, lol. After seeing that, this looks a lot more welcoming.

When it comes to forged blade irons, Hogan’s are right up there with Mizuno in the area of feel & playablity. I am am a long time Mizuno user and currently playing Hogan’s PTX & Ft. Worth. Nice to know Hogan is still around.

The ICON irons just look fantastic, but I need to be realistic, I'm sure that I could hit these, but on a consistent basis not really. I need some forgiveness and these I think are made for "players" type of iron, not the GI type that I play. I sure would like a chance to prove me wrong though:p

They’re beautiful, I’m so glad they came out with something like this

Having a Buy Now button live on website is like playing with

My all time favorite aet6 of irons were the 99 Apex blades. As soon as I saw these that was my exact thought. Hope I get a chance to hit these.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Site is still bit of a mess, most info relates to Ft Worth and not Icon. Anyone know if the loft set-up will be the same as the other models, 22/26/30/34/38/42/46?

Back