Hit it solid and you know it.

Mishit and you know it.

Reactions: KEV
Ordered 5-5 and they shipped today. Saturday 6-6 delivery. Hit some darts with the demos. Holed out from 180. Bunch of tap in birdies. Things are sweet. Can’t wait. Coming from Callaway APEX Pro, which I also love.

Ordered 5-5 and they shipped today. Saturday 6-6 delivery. Hit some darts with the demos. Holed out from 180. Bunch of tap in birdies. Things are sweet. Can’t wait. Coming from Callaway APEX Pro, which I also love.
They’re definitely going to be more demanding than the Apex Pro’s by design....

But the guys in here have nailed it, these are SENAKY playable. I’ve hit some GORGEOUS towering shots into greens the last couple of days.

Only 9 holes and a range session with the demos. But hell if the ponder didn't increase, I was hoping it would go the other way. I'm not sure I wasn't more consistent with the icons vs the 919 forged. I definitely felt like I was able to square the face easier. Shaft might be better for me too, despite being "fitted" into the other. Moved tee boxes so I could hit both the 6 and 9 into different par 3s and put both to 15 feet. 🧐 off center hits weren't punished nearly as much as I expected, considering this is the first ever blade over swung. 🤷‍♂️

Well, I think I'm going to put my i210's up for sale. I'm in love with these and if I end up struggling with the long irons I'll likely order a combo set (still bummed you can't order individual irons, totally get it though). The fact that I'm willing to put those up for sale already is a big thing because I played pretty well with them. Ben Hogan crushed it with these.

Only 9 holes and a range session with the demos. But hell if the ponder didn't increase, I was hoping it would go the other way. I'm not sure I wasn't more consistent with the icons vs the 919 forged. I definitely felt like I was able to square the face easier. Shaft might be better for me too, despite being "fitted" into the other. Moved tee boxes so I could hit both the 6 and 9 into different par 3s and put both to 15 feet. 🧐 off center hits weren't punished nearly as much as I expected, considering this is the first ever blade over swung. 🤷‍♂️
Ponder back slightly to neutral after a toe shot lost about 25 yards. Still went straight though....

Yesterday was a day when my striking was not up to snuff. But man there were things that I walked away from the round thinking about.

1: I really like the instant feedback I get. It’s not harsh and surprisingly my arm/wrist has not been killing me after sessions. But I know instantly if I hit a good shot or not.

2: misses are still playable which is very important. I haven’t really had the miss where I come up 20-25 yards short, which is something I thought I would see.

3: as of yet, they have not made me a better ball-striker. That being said, rounds like yesterday help give me a little more motivation to get out on the range and practice more.

4: manipulating the shot height is so silly easy and fun. I don’t even know why I carry a gap wedge right now because whenever I am faced with that yardage I try to hit a lower, back in the stance shot with a PW or 9 iron.

5: greenside chip shots appear to be much more under control.

I am happy for all of you experiencing new club goodness and happy for the new BH Company making a strong showing, but these clubs just don't do it for me. Can't put my finger on why, just not wowed by them in pictures and I love the look of a blade.

Yesterday was a day when my striking was not up to snuff. But man there were things that I walked away from the round thinking about.

1: I really like the instant feedback I get. It’s not harsh and surprisingly my arm/wrist has not been killing me after sessions. But I know instantly if I hit a good shot or not.

2: misses are still playable which is very important. I haven’t really had the miss where I come up 20-25 yards short, which is something I thought I would see.

3: as of yet, they have not made me a better ball-striker. That being said, rounds like yesterday help give me a little more motivation to get out on the range and practice more.

4: manipulating the shot height is so silly easy and fun. I don’t even know why I carry a gap wedge right now because whenever I am faced with that yardage I try to hit a lower, back in the stance shot with a PW or 9 iron.

5: greenside chip shots appear to be much more under control.
#4 is a truth. Granted, I intentionally carry a super tight gap from PW to GW because of how I play, but with the ICON PW it’s a lot of fun to take some really partial and flighted shots with it.

I am happy for all of you experiencing new club goodness and happy for the new BH Company making a strong showing, but these clubs just don't do it for me. Can't put my finger on why, just not wowed by them in pictures and I love the look of a blade.
I’d encourage you to hit them. They’d shock you.

Feel better than my Miura’s.

You just kicked me over the edge 🥳

You just kicked me over the edge 🥳
I’ve been gushing on them over in the Player’s Combo thread, but man, this is well beyond a honeymoon or feeling smitten. Im 100% happy with my purchase.

I am afraid I would like them and have to change again, I am a sucker for blades but never got along with the V sole. Who knows I may get nuts in two weeks and do the demo.

Well, for the first time in the 4 years I've played I made it to the quarterfinals of my bracket in our leagues Match Play Championship and the ICON's have been in the bag for it. Today we had 3-4 club wind the whole day and being able to flight my iron shots was a huge benefit. I'm not sure I've been able to do it that well with other sets before.

I'm with @ddec, I can't remember seeing any massive distance loss on mishits. There's a loss for sure but much less than I expected with this style of club. I don't know how other blade irons compare to these in forgiveness but I've been impressed.

Well, for the first time in the 4 years I've played I made it to the quarterfinals of my bracket in our leagues Match Play Championship and the ICON's have been in the bag for it. Today we had 3-4 club wind the whole day and being able to flight my iron shots was a huge benefit. I'm not sure I've been able to do it that well with other sets before.

I'm with @ddec, I can't remember seeing any massive distance loss on mishits. There's a loss for sure but much less than I expected with this style of club. I don't know how other blade irons compare to these in forgiveness but I've been impressed.
This is awesome Kev! Attaboy!!!!

Attaboy.

154 carry out of an MB 9i is ok, no?:ROFLMAO:

Well, for the first time in the 4 years I've played I made it to the quarterfinals of my bracket in our leagues Match Play Championship and the ICON's have been in the bag for it...

That is awesome @KEV well done brother.

• Appreciation
I would say that it pretty desirable!
I mean, it made me chuckle.

I’ll say it again to you and @ddec, you two are killing it in here. Trust me, eyes are watching and reading. Keep it coming!

• Appreciation
Everytime I open this page and see the pictures and read the reviews, it makes me really want to get these in my bag.

Hi, my demo's just arrived (am in the UK and they arrived in super quick time) and WOW! Can't wait to get to the range this evening.
Have been eyeing up the combo set so thought I'd give the Icon's a try first.

(long time lurker but had to join the forum to share......just a teeny bit excited!)

Attachments

• IMG_20200608_130419.jpg
    IMG_20200608_130419.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20200608_130422.jpg
    IMG_20200608_130422.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20200608_130607.jpg
    IMG_20200608_130607.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 13
Enjoy those demos! Really looking forward to your thoughts on them.

Back