Ben Hogan Player's Combo Set

Been freezing here in NY since getting back from Myrtle, so have not played any real golf with the Hogan kit on my home course. Hoping to get out at least a few more times before the Winter shut downs.

I will say, the transition from the Apex Icon 8 iron to the 7 pro is an interesting one. The 7 def launches much higher for me, but distance wise, they seem to match up well. I tend to prefer/need more launch in my longer clubs.

Spinning this thread back again today, both to remind folks how good these irons are but also to get some live feedback again and maybe folks will head back to the newly revived Ben Hogan Golf and pick some up.

My set us as follows:

4-7 PTx Pro, 8-PW Icon, Equalizer II 50*, 54* & 58*
Black PVD finish
Mixed weight Xcaliber Rapid Taper shafts, stiff flex.
4 & 5 iron with 75gm
6 & 7 iron with 85gm
8, 9 & PW with 95gm
EQII all have 100gm Xcaliber RT Spin Wedge shafts in stiff.
20231218_115913.jpg
20231218_115922.jpg
20231218_115935.jpg

I'm a fan, and you have a good looking set there. I have a set of the PTx Pros with SteelFiber i95s S, terrific irons!

Spinning this thread back again today, both to remind folks how good these irons are but also to get some live feedback again and maybe folks will head back to the newly revived Ben Hogan Golf and pick some up.

My set us as follows:

4-7 PTx Pro, 8-PW Icon, Equalizer II 50*, 54* & 58*
Black PVD finish
Mixed weight Xcaliber Rapid Taper shafts, stiff flex.
4 & 5 iron with 75gm
6 & 7 iron with 85gm
8, 9 & PW with 95gm
EQII all have 100gm Xcaliber RT Spin Wedge shafts in stiff.
View attachment 9231054
View attachment 9231055
View attachment 9231056
Absolutely great irons.

Quick range hit, forgotten how good these are behind the ball, lots of wind today so fighting it down will be a test.

I have a set, but my abilities don't quite match the sticks.

As those following along with THP TV as well as the ongoing testing of the new ICON irons from Ben Hogan golf (here for @ddec and @KEV feedback: https://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/index.php?threads/ben-hogan-icon-irons.8916396/ ) know that the company is also releasing combo options with PTx Pro's splitting into the ICON irons at the 7/8 and the option of PTx Pro in the 4i, the new UiHi, or VKTR+ hybrid.

Well, at the price these come in at ($785 for UiHi/Ptx and $815 with VKTR+), I just couldn't resist and pulled the trigger on the 4 UiHi configuration. With the COVID craziness and all the orders Ben Hogan has been taking, it took until today to get them, but, in hand they're worth the wait.

I'm currently doing some spec checks on the set, and I will have some things to day there as I ordered them at 2 up and want to see just how close to ordered spec these are coming in at.

But, some pics first perhaps?

DSC01421-XL.jpg

DSC01424-XL.jpg

DSC01425-XL.jpg

DSC01427-XL.jpg

DSC01428-XL.jpg

DSC01429-XL.jpg

DSC01430-XL.jpg

DSC01431-XL.jpg

DSC01432-XL.jpg

DSC01433-XL.jpg

DSC01434-XL.jpg

DSC01435-XL.jpg

DSC01436-XL.jpg

DSC01437-XL.jpg

DSC01438-XL.jpg

DSC01440-XL.jpg

DSC01441-XL.jpg

I know that post. 😎

As those following along with THP TV as well as the ongoing testing of the new ICON irons from Ben Hogan golf (here for @ddec and @KEV feedback: https://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/index.php?threads/ben-hogan-icon-irons.8916396/ ) know that the company is also releasing combo options with PTx Pro's splitting into the ICON irons at the 7/8 and the option of PTx Pro in the 4i, the new UiHi, or VKTR+ hybrid.

Well, at the price these come in at ($785 for UiHi/Ptx and $815 with VKTR+), I just couldn't resist and pulled the trigger on the 4 UiHi configuration. With the COVID craziness and all the orders Ben Hogan has been taking, it took until today to get them, but, in hand they're worth the wait.

I'm currently doing some spec checks on the set, and I will have some things to day there as I ordered them at 2 up and want to see just how close to ordered spec these are coming in at.

But, some pics first perhaps?

DSC01421-XL.jpg

DSC01424-XL.jpg

DSC01425-XL.jpg

DSC01427-XL.jpg

DSC01428-XL.jpg

DSC01429-XL.jpg

DSC01430-XL.jpg

DSC01431-XL.jpg

DSC01432-XL.jpg

DSC01433-XL.jpg

DSC01434-XL.jpg

DSC01435-XL.jpg

DSC01436-XL.jpg

DSC01437-XL.jpg

DSC01438-XL.jpg

DSC01440-XL.jpg

DSC01441-XL.jpg
Very Nice Clubs. I tested an Icon 7 iron several years ago through the Ben Hogan site, wish i would have made the purchase of a whole set of irons.

Well, round turned into gator watch and battery management.

Game is very rusty but my God these are so much fun to hit. Need to work on swing path and setup but when struck they fly, feel so soft.

I was thinking of switching to my 105gm S+ Rapid Tapers but not sure they'll be as forgiving as the mixed weight.

Need a LM session and get some numbers.

@Jman did you ever do a full spec check on these heads when you were testing these?
Yep, at the time, they were on.

Now, I’m not sure I would trust them.

Yep, at the time, they were on.

Now, I’m not sure I would trust them.
Now as in what's coming out since the latest news I'm assuming?

Just curious on your findings back then, did some checks on my set yesterday and had some interesting finds, will be pulling heads and cleaning/weighing this week as I prep for rebuild.

Now as in what's coming out since the latest news I'm assuming?

Just curious on your findings back then, did some checks on my set yesterday and had some interesting finds, will be pulling heads and cleaning/weighing this week as I prep for rebuild.
I’m speaking in its current iteration of being bought and the extra stock being sold as new.

Back