Scooby555

Reaction score
Thinking of changing up my wedges without buying new ones.
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 in 54 and 60 that are 1 year old. Vokey SM8 56 4 months old.

From 30 yards in, I can hit the same shots with all 3. Distance control is easiest with the 54 but still want a LW in the bag for certain shots around the green.

I am thinking of having either the 56 or 60 bent to 58 and taking the other out of the bag. Not really using all 3 that often 54, 56, 60.

What do you think? Bend the Vokey to 58 or bend the Callaway down to 58 and have both the same 54 and 58 in the same head?

Also could bend the 54 to 53 and take the 60 out of the bag?

I could just take the 56 or 60 out?

Any ideas?

I've had a 50, 56 bent to 55, and 60 before. It played well together.

Remember that when you bend a wedge from, say 56 to 58 you will be increasing the bounce 2 degrees. If you bend a 60 to 58 you lose 2 degrees of bounce. Of course it depends on what bounce the club had originally, what change works for you (do you swing steep or shallow),and the type of shots you encounter more often.

I have a bending machine and enjoy tweaking my wedges. I usually found that to increase the loft and bounce was better than the opposite.

I carry a 46, 51, and 56.

So 3 become 2. What are you adding? and why?

Be careful of the change in bounce. I bent my irons 2* string and I was hitting everything pretty thin. Bent it back and everything went back to normal

Offset is also affected in addition to bounce - but I haven't noticed the offset difference when strengthening 1-2 degrees, but the bounce? Be careful. Depends on what you need. You may find it works better for you depending on course conditions and your swing (shallow or steep).

So 3 become 2. What are you adding? and why?
Just simplifying the bag as I have PW, GW, 54, 56, 60. It would knock me down to 13 clubs in the bag. Not sure what i'd add to it though. My distance control with the 60 sucks. I could just practice more I suppose.

Just simplifying the bag as I have PW, GW, 54, 56, 60. It would knock me down to 13 clubs in the bag. Not sure what i'd add to it though. My distance control with the 60 sucks. I could just practice more I suppose.
And I thought I carried a lot of wedges. I carry P/G/56/60. And 60 is for just trouble/flops/short bunker shots. Good luck. I'd just pull one vs bend.

Offset is also affected in addition to bounce - but I haven't noticed the offset difference when strengthening 1-2 degrees, but the bounce? Be careful. Depends on what you need. You may find it works better for you depending on course conditions and your swing (shallow or steep).
This. All of this.

Back