Best Designed Line Up for 2012

I have to go Taylor made, Nike, and Adams.

Based purely on design terms I would go:
3. TM R11S - looks like a stealth fighter
2. Callaway RAZR fit - looks like a classic driver but more evolved, don't know how to explain it, just looks nice.
1. Cleveland Classic - That thing is just sexy.

For me it is:
3. Taylormade - really like the addition of the RBZ line and the R11 irons look sweet
2. Callaway: Razr fit is really nice, love the new wedges and forged irons
1. Cobra: ZL Encore is beautiful, Amp line is very forward thinking. S3 Pros and Amp Forged are sweet

1.) Mizuno MP-59. I love the concept of mixing metals to make an iron that looks like a muscleback but has more forgiveness.
2.) Mizuno MP-650. I love the concept of a driver for better players who dont want a big, huge driver and this club is an cannon.
3.) Cleveland Classic driver. I absolutely love the looks of this club!

1.) Mizuno MP-59. I love the concept of mixing metals to make an iron that looks like a muscleback but has more forgiveness.
2.) Mizuno MP-650. I love the concept of a driver for better players who dont want a big, huge driver and this club is an cannon.
3.) Cleveland Classic driver. I absolutely love the looks of this club!

But the ranking is for the whole line for 2012- not just one club. Looking at the whole line introduced this year NOT including performance, just looks, what is your ranking? I don't like the white look at all which is why TM doesn't make my top three, plus the slot is just ugly- which takes Adams out of the running as well. I hate just about every design from Cobra this year. Nike has some nice looking stuff- but not top three for me this year. Mizzy's are always nice and classic looking but there is nothing outstanding about the overall line up this year in looks I think. Bridgestone falls into that category as well. Classy, but nothing outstanding for looks.

Performance may be another story of course!

Hmmm, Mizuno conspicuous by their absence from most of the lists so far (except just above - darn!)

Cleveland woods are great but I think the CG and Mashie irons are hideous.

Woods: Cleveland, TM, Bridgestone
Irons: Mizuno, Nike, TM

#1/2: Ping - The i20 line seems to be drawing nothing but great reviews and the G line is yet again solid and consistent. The Anser line shows that while Ping might not generally make a pretty but functional club they actually know how

#1/2: Nike - The VRS line is quite impressed and they have a great, great set of irons for everyone. I think the 20 line of balls was a miss but they more then make up for it with the Method Core line

#3: Bridgestone - Excellent foray in the NA club market. They can't really be considered a new comer since they've been making sweet clubs for years in Asia but still, impressive. They're last on the list though because they don't yet touch the higher handicappers, left handers and seem to be stunned by the response to the equipment and supply issues have already arisen. Even so, a clean look and great performance is the name of the game here and they've done it well.

I refuse to render judgement on Cobra's line as of yet. I don't think we'll see the impact of their paradigm shift for another number of years.

I think Callaway has the best line for 2012, with a second place going to Cleveland, and third going to Nike and honorable mention to AMP just cause their orange.

3. Cobra (Amp, ZL Encore)
2. Ping (I20 line)
1. Nike (VRs)

But the ranking is for the whole line for 2012- not just one club. Looking at the whole line introduced this year NOT including performance, just looks, what is your ranking? I don't like the white look at all which is why TM doesn't make my top three, plus the slot is just ugly- which takes Adams out of the running as well. I hate just about every design from Cobra this year. Nike has some nice looking stuff- but not top three for me this year. Mizzy's are always nice and classic looking but there is nothing outstanding about the overall line up this year in looks I think. Bridgestone falls into that category as well. Classy, but nothing outstanding for looks.

Performance may be another story of course!
Full line? Hmmm, I guess in that case Id have to go with 1.) TM (which is saying something because I cannot stand TM), 2.) Nike and probably 3.) Mizuno.
Not sure what theres not to like in Mizuno in terms of looks: the MP-59s are some of the sexiest irons ever made. What, not enough bright, flashy colors and white woods for your taste? ;)

Full line? Hmmm, I guess in that case Id have to go with 1.) TM (which is saying something because I cannot stand TM), 2.) Nike and probably 3.) Mizuno.
Not sure what theres not to like in Mizuno in terms of looks: the MP-59s are some of the sexiest irons ever made. What, not enough bright, flashy colors and white woods for your taste? ;)

Mizuno for me make great looking iron and wedges, but lack sexiness in the woods and hybrid departments, IMO anyways.

Mizuno for me make great looking iron and wedges, but lack sexiness in the woods and hybrid departments, IMO anyways.
I can respect that. I disagree that their woods and hybrids lack sexiness but thats cool. I find the MP-650s to be pretty darn sexy as far as golf clubs go.
I cant call Mizuno's full line the best though. They havent done as many new club rollouts as they did last year (which isnt exactly a bad thing) and really all theyve come out with new are the MP-59s and MP-650. You cant expect them to reinvent their entire lineup every year though and honestly, I dont see where they really need to revamp the JPX line yet.
As usual, TM has been really aggressive with a new product launch and Nike has come out with a lot of new, good stuff as well.

Well my top three were Ping, Callaway and Cleveland- hardly flashy colours and no white at all. Plus I gave a doghouse award to Cobra so that should tell you how I feel about flash. And you chose TM as #1! Love the white huh? :act-up: Mizzy irons look great but the overall 2012 line (woods, hybrids and putters included) just doesn't make my design top three.

Cleveland, Adams and Ping

Back