Best Destination Golf for a Single Player

JBJGolf

Reaction score
Hello All,

I am hoping to get out this year and play some golf at an awesome destination that will work with a single golfer. So far where I have looked they are usually requesting doubles.

I am open to anywhere in the US with hopefully inclusive packages that include all day play or something like that.

Thanks

Pinehurst. I did it as a single about 18 months ago, it was terrific - I stayed alone. I played alone at my request, I played with others at my request.
Breakfast and Dinner were included, drinks were not. Discount at the spa, so I got a massage after golf one afternoon.

THP Event...You will no longer be a single.

Pinehurst. I did it as a single about 18 months ago, it was terrific - I stayed alone. I played alone at my request, I played with others at my request.
Breakfast and Dinner were included, drinks were not. Discount at the spa, so I got a massage after golf one afternoon.
What he said.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Hello All,

I am hoping to get out this year and play some golf at an awesome destination that will work with a single golfer. So far where I have looked they are usually requesting doubles.

I am open to anywhere in the US with hopefully inclusive packages that include all day play or something like that.

Thanks

Wolf Creek in Mesquite was very accommodating. I think a lot of courses would be if you called them.

That is awesome Spivey - JB I am waiting on the details for the events later in the year... but plan to attend the ones listed for Cali. I am rather excited about it. I am also planning to pay better attention in the early spring... so I can get in on the summer / spring events.

They won't let you book single tee times at a lot of courses but I have never had an issue getting on regardless of where I am. A quick call to the proshop will do wonders.

Hello All,

Thanks

Do you want to play the rounds as a single or you are just staying alone and don't care if they pair you up?

Bandon Dunes is a good place and a fun place to go as a single. Everyone is there for only one thing and that is golf. They can create a package for you to fit your situation and what you want. Last time I was there was December 2013, we got a package for 3 rounds of golf, 3 breakfast, 3 dinners and 3 nights for $600 each double or $750/$800 single. Note: much more expensive in high season. There is always a little extra for a single since you aren't splitting the room but Bandon has no problems with singles. You will have to play with others but that just means you may make some friends to have a drink with after.

I played Kiawah as a single and no one seemed to care...I played alone and had a caddy all to myself on the Ocean Course (not by choice, the course was empty because of the heat)

Pebble Beach. Made reservation as a single and was paired up. My wife and I were celebrating our 40th anniversary. We stayed in Carmel, not The Lodge.

Many courses will not allow bookings by singles on their website. I've always called and they've been willing to work with me.

I am good with being paired up, really it's about the ability to get the booking. I've not been calling but looking online only, that may be where I am going wrong. I also turned to THP before making a bunch of calls, I figured correctly that I would get great information from everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, if there is another single hitting the road this year before the winter THP events let me know I'll join in.

So far just about everyone has been accomdating except one bonehead place. The kampen for course on Purdue university. They told me you must have a minimum of a 2 some to play. And than they will match 2 somes up to make foursomes if need be. According to the pro, a lot of threesomes or foursomes aren't open to letting a single join that they dont know personally. Said it just too big of a hassle and causes too many issues. I responsed by asking why they match up two somes that don't know each other personally. He had no comment

great course though

I've always wanted to go up and take a golf school / play a lot of golf at the Kohler courses in Wisconsin.

Oh, if there is another single hitting the road this year before the winter THP events let me know I'll join in.

Just to give you a heads up, the THP Event schedule does not really have a break in it. Pretty much 2 or so events every month all year long until the winter when there is only 1. Gauntlet, Up and Down, Staff Proto, Savannah Invitational, Disney Championship are all before end of October.

Best Destination Golf for a Single Player

What he said.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I treated myself to this type of weekend 5 years ago (well it was also a birthday gift from Michelle) and it was the best time ever.

I have been to Pinehurst many times with groups. But we were always on a schedule.

This time no schedule...just moment by moment. I got two rounds in, took a lesson from a top 100 instructor, sat on the veranda if the clubhouse for hours watching groups come up 18.

Got a chance to sit down and chat with one of my favorite authors James Dodson (many great golf books).

Pinehurst is perfect to do as a single in my opinion.

Last edited:
I treated myself to this type of weekend 5 years ago (well it was also a birthday gift from Michelle) and it was the best time ever.

I have been to Pinehurst many times with groups. But we were always on a schedule.

This time no schedule...just moment by moment. I got two rounds in, took a lesson from a top 100 instructor, sat on the veranda if the clubhouse for hours watching groups come up 18.

Got a chance to sit down and chat with one of my favorite authors James Dodson (many great golf books).

Pinehurst is perfect to do as a single in my opinion.

This is one place I keep going back to when I'm looking around.

This is one place I keep going back to when I'm looking around.

there are lots of great destinations. But threre is something about the place that just works.

I also spent two days at Whistling Straits as a single after a business trip to Milwaukee. The courses were phenomenal and it was a good time. But lacked a lot of things to do other than golf, for me.

Back