I have five that come to mind. The Greatest Game, Caddyshack, Tin Cup, Bagger Vance, Happy Gilmore. To be honest those may not be in order though the first one I name would be my favorite.

That is my list as well! Love all 5 of them. Wish they would make more good golf movies tho.

Does Randy Quaid get extra points for being in a bowling movie as well? (Kingpin)

Tin Cup for me. My buddies and I are constantly quoting that out on the course. Our two most used lines, "You can't clear that dog leg with a 3 wood." "Wanna bet?" And when someone has a 5 footer or so, "Knock it close sport."

Tin Cup for me. My buddies and I are constantly quoting that out on the course. Our two most used lines, "You can't clear that dog leg with a 3 wood." "Wanna bet?" And when someone has a 5 footer or so, "Knock it close sport."

When I'm on the course I'm more likely to quote Al Swearengen from "Deadwood." :D

When I'm on the course I'm more likely to quote Al Swearengen from "Deadwood." :D

Think I'm familiar with that quote. Shouldn't talk like that to yourself. That's mean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think I'm familiar with that quote. Shouldn't talk like that to yourself. That's mean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had to move a sofa up to the second story this week with three turns to negotiate (in order to accomodate a treadmill I just bought) and when my gf texted me how it went I texted back in Swearengen mode (she gets that I was joking). She came back in perfect Alma Garrett. We've been watching the series because we have ran out of things to watch and I only got through about half the final season before I gave up on it when it was first released.

The most overlooked and underrated part of Bagger Vance is Bruce McGill (aka Jack Dalton) as Walter Hagen. I don't care how accurate that portrayal may or may not have been, but McGill cracks me up every time. He and GW Bailey are my greatest go to comic relief actors of all time. I also can't bring myself to hate anything Charlize does.

Tin Cup has a ton of quotable moments, but I really didn't care for the movie. It just drives me up a wall that he's celebrated as this hero in the end by not learning a single thing after a lifetime of self sabotage. And then all those pros start looking to Renee Russo for consults when her notable accomplishment was teaching a guy to not change and make a +10 on the final hole while leading the US Open. Ugh, I'm getting worked up now.

Caddy Shack is brilliant. I know I might catch some heat for this, but I can't help but think that Chevy is always the least funny thing in everything he does. Vacation, Community, Spies, Caddy Shack, fletch, etc. I can't think of a single movie of all the good ones he's done where I didn't think he was the weak link.

7 days is that decent enough wholesome family friendly golf movie but that side saddle belly putt just killed it for me. I do get a good chuckle from the KJ Choi cameo as the fully-Asian Tiger.

Greatest Game had lots of great supporting actors in it. I found the Vardon yips "4 horsemen" portrayal to be a little heavy handed though. Before I knew Vardon, I thought he was dying, battling cancer or Parkinson's or some such. But turns out the reaper looking dudes with the hats was just him with the yips -.-

Happy Gilmore is amazing. I think it's funny that Verne Lundquist is mildly annoyed with it. He sometimes talks about it, like how young players approach him to tell him they're big fans of the movie. He just has this "oh dear" look on his face. Chris MacDonald is a great actor but I can't take him seriously now. He's like Gary Cole to me now. Forever Shooter.

Greatest Game had lots of great supporting actors in it. I found the Vardon yips "4 horsemen" portrayal to be a little heavy handed though. Before I knew Vardon, I thought he was dying, battling cancer or Parkinson's or some such. But turns out the reaper looking dudes with the hats was just him with the yips -.-

Aren't the reaper looking dudes a flashback from when Vardon was a little boy and went out to see what those men were doing on the land by his house? They told him they were putting in a golf links... young Vardon asked "Whats Gof" and was told it's a gentlemens game...not for the likes of him... then the next scene is his family being forced to move out of their home so the golf links could be built. They are a flashback that reminds him that no matter what he does or how many opens he wins he will never be looked at as anything other than a secondary citizen not fit to be in the gentlemens club.

Tin Cup is so far ahead of any other movie for me. Soo many funny lines and great moments. Love the riddle in the beginning. On my bad days I always use his line "My swing feels like an unfolded lawn chair".

The Legend of Bagger Vance was a great movie but a little slow for me, and not enough golf. Matt Damon was very good, and Will Smith was excellent.

If you can get past Matt Damon's golf swing, it is a pretty good movie (especially if you are into Eastern religions or philosophies at all.) Really good score. Also, the guy who plays Bobby Jones has an amazing swing.

I'm pretty sure that's y the actor playing him isn't well known. They probably picked the actor for Bobby Jones based on his swing. Its butter for sure

I think Seven Days in Utopia gets a bad rap. Its a decent movie, but it's a made for TV movie..... U can only expect so much

Aren't the reaper looking dudes a flashback from when Vardon was a little boy and went out to see what those men were doing on the land by his house? They told him they were putting in a golf links... young Vardon asked "Whats Gof" and was told it's a gentlemens game...not for the likes of him... then the next scene is his family being forced to move out of their home so the golf links could be built. They are a flashback that reminds him that no matter what he does or how many opens he wins he will never be looked at as anything other than a secondary citizen not fit to be in the gentlemens club.

Yeah, that who they are. I think that was less about him having the yips and more to having him relate more to Francis - both being outsiders from their lowly status of the day.

I think Seven Days in Utopia gets a bad rap. Its a decent movie, but it's a made for TV movie..... U can only expect so much

I just ordered it cheap on Amazon. It can't be bad with Robert Duvall in it.

I just ordered it cheap on Amazon. It can't be bad with Robert Duvall in it.

I liked it. Nothing amazing. But a solid movie

Book is much better though.

I hear that a lot about most movies. Seems to be a constant issue. I think it's due to movie time constrictions.

I hear that a lot about most movies. Seems to be a constant issue. I think it's due to movie time constrictions.

Yes, but I've seen some where the director decides to really change things to make it his own. My opinion, if you want something your own then do it all yourself. I get irked when I watch a movie and it changes things to really affect the meaning. I have to admit that there have been some movies that have actually been better than the book. One is The Green Mile. The ending to that movie is so much better than the book (perfect, I'd say) but Stephen King really seems to have a problem writing good endings.

Back