Den60

Reaction score
Handicap
13.6 USGA
I have five that come to mind. The Greatest Game, Caddyshack, Tin Cup, Bagger Vance, Happy Gilmore. To be honest those may not be in order though the first one I name would be my favorite.

TGG: Nice movie, uplifting, gives an insight as to how far golf has come from being a "rich man's game." Maybe not as much actual golf as I would like, especially early on.

Caddyshack: Bill Murray. Enough said. Funniest golf movie ever made.

Tin Cup: Basically "Bull Durham" in golf. Some great lines and I liked that they brought in some PGA players to give the movie some realism and humor. I loved Cheech Marin in this movie, he was the best part of it. "Chilly-peppers up Lee Janzen's ass" is something I always think about when I'm on the range.

Bagger Vance: I had high hopes for this movie and had read the book long before it was given to Robert Redford to screw it up on the screen. Hey Sundance, it ain't a love story, duh. The movie was a big disappointment to me. I like Will Smith but when I read the book I was thinking of his character as more of a James Earl Jones or Morgan Freeman part. If it was me, I would have given the part to James Earl Jones, Morgan has had plenty of times to play God. I read that Matt Damon couldn't hit the ball worth a crap (not like Costner who is quite athletic) so they just wanted to make sure his swing looked right in filming.

Happy Gilmore: Not really a golf movie but anytime someone can beat the crap out of of Bob Barker and make it funny it has my kudos.

Anyway, just my $0.02 worth. I looked and didn't see another post about golf movies so I posted this.

Seven Days in Utopia is good.

i liked bagger vance, prob one of the best movies.. seven days in utopia was boring to me and when he used the belly putter at the end just killed it Lol

"Does my inner child need a spanking?"
One of my favorite lines of all time!

Old school is Follow the Sun with Glenn Ford as Ben Hogan, modern day is The Greatest Game Ever Played, those are mine.

I liked 7 days in utopia but didnt care for the ending.

Tin Cup is always a watch for me.

Dead Solid Perfect, a good movie to watch

Did any of you read the Bagger Vance book? Just asking because I was really disappointed in what the brought to the screen with it. It could have been so much better.

Caddyshack has to be the best all time golf movie imo. Followed by Tin Cup.

Caddyshack has to be the best all time golf movie imo. Followed by Tin Cup.
This is my answer.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Tin Cup or Legend of Bagger Vance, which I just happen to be watching now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greatest game then bagger Vance.

I always love Caddyshack as a cult classic. I didn't see The Greatest Game until recently but that is probably my favorite "true" golf movie now...has anyone seen The Squeeze?

Tin Cup for me

Bagger vance for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caddyshack.

I always love Caddyshack as a cult classic. I didn't see The Greatest Game until recently but that is probably my favorite "true" golf movie now...has anyone seen The Squeeze?

I watched The Squeeze a couple weeks ago and enjoyed it. Pretty cool story line; worth a watch.

How can you beat Rodney and Ted, was a perfect combo to play dueling personalities and not even to mention comedy of Bill, and Chevy too.
Too bad the first two are no longer with us.

I recently watched the squeeze. Good storyline however I feel it ended abruptly.

As as for the ops question Caddyshack is my #1 movie.

Tin Cup would be my #1, a close second would be 7 days in Utopia.

I like all the above...and anytime I see that any of them are on I watch them. If they were all on at once and I had to pick one to watch it would probably be the greatest game, followed by tin cup. Not that I like them better than Caddyshack, but I've seen Caddyshack about 100 times more than the others.

The first Caddieshack movie is the best for me. Close second is Tin Cup.

Back