Greatest Game is the greatest and Bagger Vance is awesome too.

Greatest Game
Bagger Vance
Tin Cup
Caddy Shack

in that order.

Tin Cup
Caddyshack

Honorable Mention; Seven Days in Utopia (Not a tremendously golf intensive movie, but I’m a big Robert Duval fan)

Caddyshack is easily my favorite. After that it's Happy Gilmore followed by pretty close by Bagger Vance.

Dead Solid Perfect
Legend of Bagger Vance
Greatest Game Ever Played
Follow the Sun

not my favorite but deserves mention ... Ben Hogan, Sam Snead, Byron Nelson, and Julius Boros made cameo appearances in the movie ...

Last edited:

I have to say a tie between Greatest Game Ever Played and Caddyshack. What is the deciding factor on which to watch is weather I want to watch a comedy or not.

It used to be Caddyshack but Tin Cup has since took the lead. After that Greatest Game and Bagger Vance. Not a fan at all of Happy Gilmore. I enjoyed the movie Seve, as well

I’m not sure there’s really much separating any of these, but here we go:

1. Happy Gilmore
2. Caddy Shack
3. Tin Cup
4. Legend of Baggar Vance

And apparently I need to go and watch Greatest Game Ever Played. For whatever reason, I haven’t seen it!

tin cup and the first caddyshack are tied in first all time for me.

When it comes to golf movies, most immediately go to Caddyshack, the cult classic from 1980 (don’t mention the sequel). After that there is a list quite long of others that try to garner that top spot.

So what is the best golf movie?

Tin Cup
Greatest Game Ever Played
Happy Gilmore
Legend of Bagger Vance
Bobby Jones: Stroke of Genius
From the Rough
Others?

What are your favorites and who takes the top spot?

Untitled-15-1024x692.jpg

Continue reading...
For me, its Greatest Game and Bagger Vance. Id probably have to go with Bagger because I love the moral of the story. One that I thought was also quite good that never comes up is, "Tommy's Honour".

I hope it happens but can't imagine Caddyshack dropping from the #1 position on my list.

Tin Cup is my favorite.

On a related note we used to go to a Cincinnati Reds game every summer when I was growing up.
Apologize for a quick side track here as you mention the Reds and growing up.
I dont want to highjack so please check a new thread I will cerate in the off topic sports talk section. It pertains to some classic Reds (Pete Rose) moments I personally experienced as kid you may find fun/interesting. .

I think almost every great golf movie has been mentioned already. For sure here are my top.
1. Caddy Shack 1
2. Caddy Shack 2
3. Tin Cup
4. Legend Of Bager Vance
5. Happy Gilmore
6. Bobby Jones
7. Greatest Game Ever Played

Greatest Game is a good film but is partly spoiled for me by its playing loose with facts. The playoff wasn’t close. Ouimett dusted them.

1A Tin Cup
1B caddy shack

everything else is good but not great

Legend of Baggar Vance.
Charize Theron was robbed, Another "lip out"
She should win Academy Award for
any movie she is in.

I like the Greatest game as well. I think one that at least most of my friends haven't seen the legend of Bobby Jones.. is on my list.. and Tin Cup

Back