best golf shoe- traction, water proof, durability

This would be my choice, plenty of walking done in them, very waterproof and great traction. Covers everything you need. Go up 1/2 size.

So I decided to go with the tour x. A mostly positive history with footjoy and I liked the build of a spiked shoe. I went out to buy a pair. Did not find the X but found the SL and four other pair. Same result in all sizes I tried- heel slips while at same time my toes feel cramped. I guess my gut feel in 2018/19 that got me trying other brands was true. the footjoy does not fit me well any more.

So i tried other brands. The best fitting was the Puma but I don't like the mesh looking top and the spike design was not great looking in my eye. The Adidas 360 xt spikeless i found in an 11.5 and it fit pretty well and I liked the look of the top. but they did not have an 11 so I could confirm that it was my best fit.

in a mostly buy online world, I find fitting tough. I'm hoping to get up to Golf Galaxy on Tuesday and give a Ecco Biom 4 a try for fit. if that does not work, I think I go back and get the 11.5 spikeless XT or roll the dice and try the zg21 a try.

when I posted this thread, I did not realize finding a shoe well suited for my foot was so difficult

For fit and finish, I really like FJ. Pumas were great when they had the more traditional titantour ignite line, but lost me after that. I'm surprised at the praise that FJ and Adidas are getting in regards to waterproofing. Never felt either had good waterproofing at all. In fact if waterproofing is the most important feature you need in a golf show, then nothing comes close to Ecco's. All just a matter of opinion though, just my experience.

One other thing. As a previous poster mentioned, there seems to be availability issues with some brands. I haven't been able to find FJ tour x's or even the s model anywhere. Ev en online? Particularly difficult for me as I only wear Boa's. Tough to find any decent shoe in Boa right now.

For fit and finish, I really like FJ. Pumas were great when they had the more traditional titantour ignite line, but lost me after that. I'm surprised at the praise that FJ and Adidas are getting in regards to waterproofing. Never felt either had good waterproofing at all. In fact if waterproofing is the most important feature you need in a golf show, then nothing comes close to Ecco's. All just a matter of opinion though, just my experience.

i can only speak from perspective of my hiking shoes and raincoats over the years, but hard to beat gortex when it comes to waterproofing.

Pumas were great when they had the more traditional titantour ignite line, but lost me after that.
Im guessing you have not tried the Pro Adapt line as mentioned above? Because those are traditional in the sense of Titan Tour, with better construction and overall fantastic comfort. I have most of what is mentioned in this thread, and reach for them nearly every time.

Im guessing you have not tried the Pro Adapt line as mentioned above? Because those are traditional in the sense of Titan Tour, with better construction and overall fantastic comfort. I have most of what is mentioned in this thread, and reach for them nearly every time.

any specific model JB? I see that different models have different tread patterns. I think I had one yesterday i tried on called the pro adapt w power cage or somethng like that. was the best fit for my foot of what I was able to try on.

You're right, they certainly are an evolution of the titantour series, and still traditional, but unfortunately, I've passed them over as they don't come in Boa, or what Puma refers to as "disc". I just will never go back to laces.

any specific model JB? I see that different models have different tread patterns. I think I had one yesterday i tried on called the pro adapt w power cage or somethng like that. was the best fit for my foot of what I was able to try on.
The Pro Adapt line is similar, with the latest being the Delta. My go to as of late are the PTC in white, navy and gold. One thing to note, when in the store or online, pwradapt and proadapt look the same (in name) but are very different shoes, with the Pro being the more traditional.

I found if I want a true waterproof shoe, then it needs a Gore-Tex lining. I have a couple of pairs of Ecco shoes with a Gore-Tex lining and my feet stay dry in the wettest conditions.

The Pro Adapt line is similar, with the latest being the Delta. My go to as of late are the PTC in white, navy and gold. One thing to note, when in the store or online, pwradapt and proadapt look the same (in name) but are very different shoes, with the Pro being the more traditional.

so I ended up getting a great price on the Pro adapt deltas via the Puma store on Amazon. for whatever reason, they had my size at a price that made me want to try. In this search I have come to learn my foot is hard to fit. I have a narrow heel that slips up in down in some of the golf brands I tried.

The Delta looks like an old school leather shoe which I like. On concrete, the Delta feels almost like a spikeless. Was not very wet today, but I never felt anything but balance. Overall comfort for day 1 I'd rate as a 9/10. I had slight heel biting on left leg after walking 18 and 5.5hours in the shoe. super happy with this purchase.

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
My all-time favorites are still my Adidas Tour 360 XT and the Tour 360 XT SL shoes with the red soles because they just fit my feet like a dream. But the Ecco Biom Pro Cool is what I wear the most, though I wore the XT SL shoes today in perfect comfort. Of course, this is in Arizona, so the waterproof aspect is not an issue.

b7f3b5cffae9172f5c1d71c57ea04c76.jpg

I have 13 pairs of golf shoes and 2 pair of s-three. They are my favorite for sure. I have a lot I like, but not as much. These do everything great.

Back