Best Internet Browser in 2021

asked my computer nerd, he says Brave is best for privacy. And they pay you for watching their ads.
Less than half the pop ups like chrome which tracks everything across all devices and many apps.

I don't know the heck happened to Chrome, but as soon as I updated it last week it went to hell. Super slow, trash loading, etc.

Currently messing around on Firefox seeing how it 'fits' and so far pretty satisfied.

What are you sold on and why?
Go Duck Go and Brave

Chrome is crap! It's resource hog and a snitch for google.
I use Brave, Safari, or Firefox. Basically anything but Chrome.

Not an endorsement of Chrome - I actually avoid it like the plague - but PC Magazine reports a new veriosn pof Chrome claims increased speed:

Firefox for me

I use either Safari or Firefox with a blocker. Happy with them both.

Depends what you are looking for and why. Google makes a great family of apps for mobile and PC. They include reliable free email, free browser with password manager, free file storage and free online office type apps, etc. If you use the Google ecosystem, then Chrome will fit in nicely.

For me, the idea of one company knowing more about me than I do, and using it for profit bugs me enough to sacrifice a little convenience and pay a little for services. I don't need to be anonymous or invisible or anything (or I wouldn't be here!) But I don't trust all my info being in one pot.

I really like Brave on the android phone and desktop, but there is no portable version that is endorsed by the official Brave group. If you don't need portable, then Brave is great.

I recently went back to Firefox because it works pretty fast and well on Android and PC, and has an official portable version for when I'm not at my computer.

I use Protonmail for secure email, I use NordVPN for all browsing and most apps, and I am testing NordPass as a password manager.

Long message already so I'll cut it there but feel free to ask if you have any Q's

not looking for anything special when i'm on a pc or mac...but i was happier with browsers on linux...which reminds me...i gotta build another linux machine...or is linux dead these days?

not looking for anything special when i'm on a pc or mac...but i was happier with browsers on linux...which reminds me...i gotta build another linux machine...or is linux dead these days?
20202021 is the Year of Linux on the Desktop

The DuckDuckGo app/browser, though, does not have bookmark import/export capability, which seems like a big missing piece.

Last edited:
Back