Best Internet Browser in 2021

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I don't know the heck happened to Chrome, but as soon as I updated it last week it went to hell. Super slow, trash loading, etc.

Currently messing around on Firefox seeing how it 'fits' and so far pretty satisfied.

What are you sold on and why?

Last edited:
"The best browser" tends time change from time-to-time. Currently I'm using Brave, which is built atop Chrome's rendering engine.

Those are not operating systems. They are merely browsers.
hahahahaha I actually thought to myself "don't type OS you idiot" before I clicked "start a new thread"

What an idiot :ROFLMAO:

I think you mean browser?

I've become a real bug about privacy. I know the only way to be truly safe is to abandon the online world altogether. For that reason , I'm a Firefox guy, accessing the interwebz through a VPN. Firefox supposedly has the most customizable security and privacy setting of the big three, and they are not part of a goliath for who your datat is the product. I may dabble in something like Brave, which is supposed to be even better, but the advantage of going with one of the biggest browsers is that add-ons like password managers are more likely to work.

All browsers have some quirks. The latest release of Firefox will not load the bill pay page of my primary bank. My bank says it is a known issue with many banks and this release of Firefox, so the one time every quarter I use our Bill Pay feature, I run it in Edge.

Firefox, good speed (not always the fastest) private is private and there are extensions if you need them for near everything you can get for Chrome.

"The best browser" tends time change from time-to-time. Currently I'm using Brave, which is built atop Chrome's rendering engine.

I've read Brave is best for privacy. What makes it best in your estimation? Do add-ons like LastPass work with it?

I've read Brave is best for privacy. What makes it best in your estimation? Do add-ons like LastPass work with it?
I forgot about Brave! Also a very good browser. But for the love of god, get rid of LasPass and switch to something else. Personally I switched to Bitwarden (open source, and has multiple browser support, also easy to import for LP before you get rid of it).
LP has been breached multiple times and they are also owned by Logmein (also not good)

It is allegedly the best for privacy: Yes. Any extension that works with Chrome should work with Brave.

As an aside: I would question the wisdom of using a browser extension in conjunction with something as sensitive as a credentials manager.

I used Firefox for several years - it had a few glitches with not loading things on certain sites, but overall I was happy with it. For reasons unrelated to actual browser performance, I switched to Dissenter, which is built on Brave. It has anti-tracking features built in without needing add-ons, and automatically "upgrades" to https instead of http on any site that allows it. Performance is as good or better than Firefox and I haven't encountered any glitches with any sites I visit.

I prefer Firefox, but it has gotten so bloated over the years. And the rapid update cycles are annoying, especially when some websites no longer recognize a 6-yr old machine after them.

I've tried Brave, but it it so slow to load initially (upwards of a minute [or 2] before the window appears). Maybe I have a bad install or something else causing this behavior.

Chrome can kiss my grits. If it wasn't for casting, I'd never use it.

Safari.

I'm still a chrome and safari guy.

At work I use all 3 for different programs. If I'm just surfing I still prefer Chrome but it's usually on my phone more than a computer

At home, it's Chrome... or Opera... or Firefox... or Safari. It depends on my mood and what I want to do.

At work, it's Chrome... because I can't use Firefox, IE, and I don't like Edge.

I don't know the heck happened to Chrome, but as soon as I updated it last week it went to hell. Super slow, trash loading, etc.

Currently messing around on Firefox seeing how it 'fits' and so far pretty satisfied.

What are you sold on and why?
Firefox is still a thing?

I use duckduckgo

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

BRAVE......very secure no adds no tracking....but many sites you visit won't allow as they can't track you and put forth adds.

BRAVE......very secure no adds no tracking....but many sites you visit won't allow as they can't track you and put forth adds.
Yeah there are times I still need to use chrome, but really haven't had much of a problem.

DDG is a search engine, not a browser.
Since I do most of my surfing in my phone, it's a browser app. On my desktop, I have use the chrome extension.

I kind of think it's getting/gotten better? I haven't used anything other than Chrome in years.
Me either though I do use safari on occasion because of compatibility with my phone/computer. I used to use firefox before chrome but I'm serious when I say I didn't know it still existed haha

Back