Best Live Band You've Seen?

My top was probably Our Lady Peace. I was lucky enough to attend when they were recording their live album and DVD so I think they were giving a little extra.

Other notables were Pearl Jam, Nazareth and April Wine. Just fun music.

I’ve been to a lot of concerts in my time and here’s my list of some of my favorites:
First: Tears for Fears
Best Hard Rock:AC/DC Razors Edge show
Best Classic show: Clapton,Journeyman Tour
Best visuals: Pink Floyd
Best Metal(sort of): Metallica
Best VIP experience: G3 Joe Satriani tour
Best outdoor show: Eagles Hell Freezes Over Tour
Best front row show: Def Leppard Hysteria: in the round stage setup
Best multi band show: Monsters of Rock
Best festival show: Lollapalooza 1992
Lamest show/embarrassed I went: Ratt/Poison
Best small venue show: Live on the Throwing Copper tour: weren’t well known yet and they were incredible
Wildest show: 2 Live Crew: didn’t start until midnight but worth it
Weirdest show(but good): Phish, saw them in a small place in Miami
Loudest show( and not sure why): Bryan Adams
Best live guitar solo: EVH eruption
Best live drum solo: Neil Peart
Best opening show: Queensrÿche for the Def Leppard show
Show I had tickets to but didn’t get to go in because 5 of my friends couldn’t get tickets at the door: Midnight Oil
Best punk show: Suicidal Tendencies
Lamest show that my wife made me go to with her: Counting Crows
Best show that my wife and I went to: Tom Petty on his last tour
Best acoustic show: Indigo Girls
Best show ever where I sang every word to every song with about 20,000 others: Foo Fighters

Well that was fun!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Counting Crows was my first concert I attended. They played at our college and it sucked!

1995 Casper, Wyoming. Bad Religion opened and were awesome, though.
Wow, must have been an off night? Mine was in 2009 and they were awesome.
Bad Religion would have been ?! Such a great sound.

Counting Crows was my first concert I attended. They played at our college and it sucked!
The Counting Crows sucked? I've been to over 25 of their shows and never had a show that sucked. Very surprising to hear that.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Wow, must have been an off night? Mine was in 2009 and they were awesome.
Bad Religion would have been ?! Such a great sound.
That's all I can really chalk it up to. The band just seemed to have no punch to it at all that night. I, literally, fell asleep.

O.A.R. went to several while in college all over Ohio.

O.A.R. went to several while in college all over Ohio.
So good! They're at Ravinia here each year and we really enjoy them. Even got to see them play our college as well. Great music and just a fun crowd.

Always some good music threads going on around here, and "Best ...." threads are always fun, so who was the best live band you've ever seen?

I was a certifiable concert addict back in the 70's, saw just about every rock band/artist that played in SoCal, and everyone played in SoCal. If I didn't see them it was usually because I wasn't interested, not that I just missed them. Led Zeppelin was about as big as they get back then, saw them numerous times, and it was always a big event, a spectacle, a can't miss show, and they were rarely very good. So who do I think was the best Live Band/Artist I've ever seen? Can't nail it down to just one, so:

For live music and stage presence:
  • Paul McCartney and Wings - Went to two of the three nights they played the LA Forum on the Wings Over America Tour in 1976, absolutely incredible. Check out the concert movie Rockshow, most of it was filmed those two nights at the Forum.
  • Bob Seger - Great live, with or without The Silver Bullet Band. First time I saw him was in 76, the year he released both Live Bullet and Night Moves, last time was just a couple of years ago, always puts on a great show.
  • Humble Pie - Saw their last tour back in March 75, such a great live band, Steve Marriott was such a showman, with an amazing voice.
  • Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Finally got to see them in 99, and what can I say, they played everything, and were so good. At the end of the set you're thinking "what can they do for an encore, they've played everything?" Then they come out and play three or four more of your all-time favorites!
For the SHOW:
  • Alice Cooper - Hands down, the greatest rock stage show, every time! He (or they, depending on the era) truly brought theater to the rock stage, the show of shows, and really good live music to boot. I've seen Kiss, and a few others that were known for the Show they put on, and they were a lot of fun, but no one could compare to the Show that Alice put on.
Did the concert circuit in the 70’s as well!
Over here on the east coast. The Spectrum in Philly was the venue for most.
Can’t argue at all with Alice as one of the ultimate shows back then. ELO was also very good for music and the show. So many more it’s really hard to pick a “Best” for me.
Shows:
ELP
Yes
Sabbath
Edgar Winter
Floyd
Music:
Allman Bros
Humble Pie
The Band
Dead ?
Floyd

Kid Creole and the Coconuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So good! They're at Ravinia here each year and we really enjoy them. Even got to see them play our college as well. Great music and just a fun crowd.

They played at our college as well. Without a shadow of a doubt the most fun atmosphere I’ve experienced at a show. Crazy Game of Poker still gets me amped up every time

They played at our college as well. Without a shadow of a doubt the most fun atmosphere I’ve experienced at a show. Crazy Game of Poker still gets me amped up every time
"I said Johnny whatcha doing tonight..."

I think they're playing near me soon. I'm going to have to look now.

I had tickets to Ramstein. They had a pyro problem and cancelled the show. Haven’t had a chance to see them since. That was a LONG time ago and I’m still a little salty.
Sorry to hear that. Kinda surprised they didn’t play anyways but it really wouldn’t be the same

Garth Brooks puts on a heck of a show

I saw Aerosmith at Deer Creek near Indy in the 90's and that show was bada$$

Dispatch!

Honorary Mention: The Allman Brothers
2nd Honorary Mention: Phil Lesh and Friends

Best stage show was probably AC/DC, most fun I've had at a concert - Nirvana.

Back