Best Live Band You've Seen?

If anything they don't hold back on theatrics. Easy to get absorbed in the show.

My guess would be comparable to a new age Pink Floyd?

That sounds about right. With Maynard hiding behind the drummer and the 80‘ TV screen... I’m not sure anything can quite compare, but PF seems closest.

Top 5/6--- please don't roast me on that - only 10 years of concert experience:) maybe I'll get into Justin Bieber or whoever's currently popular in my generation a little later on:)

1. Neil Young & Promise of the Real
1. Eric Clapton & Steve Winwood
2. Mark Knopfler Live in Vienna - No2. because of song choices:) can't think of anything else^^
3. Doyle Bramhall II & Band
4. Tedeschi Trucks Band - great music/bad sound guy at the gig:)
5. The Rolling Stones
6. Deep Purple

2020 planned: ZZ Top, The Who, Van Morrison

Last edited:
Weezer!

Where do I start...some live shows are a bit...fuzzy.

Most entertaining
KISS
Less than Jake
Reel Big Fish

Best musicianship
Black Keys
Ryan Adams
Guster
Avett Brothers
New Found Glory
Ltj and Rbf are awesome live.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

It would have been circa 2003-4ish, and yes they were playing together in MN or Milwaukee (I can't remember where). MxPx was also in on that stop. I haven't caught any of their recents tours though. When did you last see them?
I caught ltj and Rbf together at a bar by my house in 2015 I believe it was. Bands in the sand! It was fantastic!!

Barenaked Ladies! Small outdoor venue at a golf course. Man they were fun
Saw them last summer and they killed it. Absolutely surprised the heck outta me.

This is an almost impossible question, but nevertheless here we go...

REM at the Glastonbury festival in probably 1999. I'd seen them before, but that performance was just immaculate in every way.

Finch in Glasgow, 2015. A band I've loved since their first record but never managed to see them until their reunion.

I've seen Jimmy Eat World upwards of 30 times as well, consistently amazing show.

Metallica in Leeds was probably the one that blew me away as well. Went with the dude who was the drummer in my band and we spent the whole time shaking our heads that we would never ever be that tight or good.

I love music. A lot.

Band? Black Crowes
Show? KISS and I am going to see them tonight.

I know someone mentioned these guys earlier, and although they wouldn't make the top of my list, they were really good live, and their shows were always a good time.

The best show I've been to: NIN opening for David Bowie. I fought my way to the center of the pit and held on to stand center stage completely at the front. NIN opened, they played a full set. Then for the next 45 mins, NIN and Bowie played a combined set, Finally Bowie played a complete set. Reznor even played saxophone to back up Bowie.

This all happened in Reznor's "home town".

I have sen more than my fair share...
Garth
Kiss
Styx
Tim and Faith, (last show of the Soul to Soul tour.)
Kenny Chesney
Diana Ross and Supremes

Haven't been to a lot of concerts, but of those I've seen. Florida Georgia Line is the best so far!

heading off to see Gary Allen on Valentine day

Metalica.

The Roots

Ozomatli

Having only ever seen one band perform live, and it was a band who played in my buddies back yard when we were in high school.
They drove like 600 miles to play, back in 1997.

The TireKickers

Avett Brothers.

Incredible show.

Angels and Airwaves, my fave

<<<<<<<<<<

Seen them many a times and it's always a great experience. Top four (in no particular order) are probably the 10/30/09 show in Philly (night 3 of a 4 night gig at the old Spectrum before they tore it down), 4/26/16 in Philly where they opened playing Ten in its entirety, Hartford October 2013 (probably my favorite, the energy in that arena that night was ******* amazing) and Toronto 9/11/11 where Neil Young surprised Eddie and came out to play Rockin' in the Free World at the end with the band.

My dream trip is seeing them in Europe, Australia or NZ. I know they're playing Europe this summer, but I can never make the dates work. Someday.

RUSH. RIP Neil Peart.

Rammstein. Amazing every time.
This. Absolutely this. I can’t think of any other band that will light themselves on fire on stage. If I remember the story right one of them used to do pyrotechnics for movies in Europe.

Close second would have to be Empire of the Sun. Absolutely stunning.
Worst band ever live was MGMT. talk about a synthesized band born in the studio

This. Absolutely this. I can’t think of any other band that will light themselves on fire on stage. If I remember the story right one of them used to do pyrotechnics for movies in Europe.

Close second would have to be Empire of the Sun. Absolutely stunning.
Worst band ever live was MGMT. talk about a synthesized band born in the studio
I had tickets to Ramstein. They had a pyro problem and cancelled the show. Haven’t had a chance to see them since. That was a LONG time ago and I’m still a little salty.

I haven’t been to a lot of concerts, but my wife and I saw U2 once at Target Center in Minneapolis. It was an amazing show and would love to see them again.
You should have come with me to the concert at TCF! Lightning and pouring rain!

Concerts that sucked so bad that I actually fell asleep: Only two in my lifetime. Pearl Jam and Aerosmith. That's saying something considering I've seen the likes of Terri Gibb and Barry Manilow.

When was the Pearl Jam concert?

Back