Best Putter grip???

Javelin

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I have a TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spider spider. Its a few years old and the grip feel really worn out. I know grips are all about the feel for what right for you. But I also know that some grip brands and type are better than others. Winn made the original grip for them, but they no long make that grip anymore. What do you think is a good grip to get for it.

super strokes are all the rage right now, sizes vary from slim to gigantic.

Depends on if you just want a traditional grip or want something a little bigger.

Loving my new SuperStroke Mid Slim 2.0 I just put on. Not too big where it feels awkward for me (I have smaller hands), but still quiets my wrists.

SuperStroke and the Secret Grip seem to be the biggest trends right now.

SuperStroke and the Secret Grip seem to be the biggest trends right now.

Is the secret grip for the putter weighted too??

Big Superstroke fan here. Its turned my putting from great to near automatic.

People seem to love their SuperStrokes. I dont. I must be in the minority. TO be fair, there is no "best" grip. I like a few of the Lamkin putter grips I have. Also really like a couple of the softer Wynn putter grips (which is funny because their iron grips are terrible long term). It all comes down to how you like the feel of it in your hands.

I like Iomics and\or the Ping Corded grips. It might shoot people's wheels off to have a Ping grip on a TM Putter, but it's all about what works for you. Good luck.

I usually like a softer putter grip. I switched to a SuperStroke 1.0 in the spring and have enjoyed it thus far. I've tried all sorts of putter grips throughout the years from just plain rubber pistol grips to jumbo oversized ones.

If I had known how much I was going to end up liking them, I would have bought a dozen of the Golf Pride Jumbo Crown grips. That being said, I really like Super-Strokes. Feels a lot like a hockey stick or tennis raquet, fits in the hand really well. I think it depends on how you putt and what you're comfortable with.

People seem to love their SuperStrokes. I dont. I must be in the minority. TO be fair, there is no "best" grip. I like a few of the Lamkin putter grips I have. Also really like a couple of the softer Wynn putter grips (which is funny because their iron grips are terrible long term). It all comes down to how you like the feel of it in your hands.

Glad I know that. I was looking into getting Winn grips for my Burner 2.0 iron, going with the Golf Pride New Decades now(Which I liked just as much anyways)

I wish that SuperStroke had better colors, I really dislike the white. My putter has no white on it. But if they work as well as everyone says then who cares about color.

I just put a Secret Grip on my Squareback, had 4 extra wraps put on and really like the feel. I think the extra weight forces me to have a smoother stroke. I have not tried a SuperStroke. I also took advantage of the Secret Grip challenge and had one installed in my driver for free.

SuperStroke and Iomic are both very nice.

I like the Jumbo grips. I have the Winn Jumbo right now but when I replace it I will get the Winn Jumbo Lite. It is actually lighter than their standard grip.

I have tried some of the large flat sided grips including "Superstroke" and I found that if the grip is too large my putts usually went to the right no matter what adjustments I made.

Any midsize pistol grip (currently using Winn midsize) is what works best for me.

Golf pride tour wrap, or a Winn avs.

I had a super stroke on my putter before switching to a SeeMore Counter balanced. Loved the 3.0 but they have a variey of different diameters to meet your needs.

I really like the Superstroke 1.0 slim. Just a tad bigger than a stock grip but that extra cushion feels great.

I have a Slim SuperStroke that I have never been able to get a hang with. Put it on my SeeMore and putting goes terrible. Take it off and replace it with a plain Golf Pride grip, and I am lights out with it.

Previously had a 2Thumb grip as well, and just could never figure out how to stroke it properly.

What don't you like about them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I have Super Stroke Mid Slim 2.0 on my putter now, and I'm a fan. Prior to that grip I had a midsize Winn AVS (cord), a midsize Iomic and a jumbo Iomic. I'm a fan of the Super Stroke Mid Slim, with the Winn AVS being a close second.

I'm a fan of the Lamkin Deep Etched Paddle, personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I have this and last years SS 5.0 fatso's on two of my putters and this years SS 1.0 on my other blade putter

I really like the Superstroke 1.0 slim. Just a tad bigger than a stock grip but that extra cushion feels great.

Agree. This is my favourite grip also.

Back