Best Value Golf Destinations

V14_Heels

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
If you could go anywhere in the world for a 10 day vacation solo mainly focused around golf but you don't have to pay over $150 for a round where you going?

Looking at Early to Mid June.

Last edited:
Myrtle Beach
Oglebay

Probably the Pinehurst/Raleigh area. This time of year is a great time to go because you won’t pay peak rates but conditions are really good. When I went in 2021 I played Tobacco Road, Mid Pines, and Heritage Club for about $300 combined

Myrtle Beach

Dang Myrtle Beach be winning in a LANDSLIDE. I'm looking at beginning to mid June should've put that in the post.

So many nice courses in Virginia and the Carolinas, one doesn't need to venture out much further to play some beautiful courses from the simple to the complex layouts. I am curious whether some will post about some courses they have played throughout the world. A guy I went to school with played St. Andrews and he said it was an unforgettable trip of a lifetime for him.

Northern Michigan has some awesome courses.

In that price range, nothing in Oregon 😂

1678546633011.png

Why leave when I can get all I need right here on the beautiful Mississippi Gulf Coast.

I’d give Pinehurst area a go, done Myrtle many times but never Pinehurst. Lots of good golf in both area although time of year will dictate price.

I have to go with Myrtle Beach also. You can plan a heck of a trip there for a pretty decent price.

As the PGA Channel on SiriusXM reminds me 30 times a day, "Myrtle Beach gets golfers, golfers get Myrtle Beach. Enjoy budget friendly oceanfront accomodations with over 90 championship courses within an hours drive, the Grand Strand is the golf capitol of the world."

Here is a thought: Find out were THP'rs are members, and join them at the guest rate (nothing better than playing with THP'rs). Then find an airbnb to room at.
If you relish your privacy and want to play an exotic course, please disregard. Have a great day.

Myrtle Beach

Myrtle Beach
Oglebay
I'm a member at Oglebay Resort in Wheeling, WV and play there 4 or 5 days a week. We get many large groups, but I guess I never think about it being a golf destination.

I agree with Myrtle Beach for an extended golf vacation. I spend about 2 months each year there. Can't beat the proximity of 90 nice, affordable courses.

NW Ireland Carne, Enniscrone, County Sligo, Connemarra, Narin Portnoo, Portsalon, Ballyliffin. All great values under $150.

What area(s) or cities or resorts in NM?

You can stay in Albuquerque and have the resort at Sandia, or Twin Warriors; if you go north to Santa Fe, you have multiple options not tied to golf or Buffalo Thunder with golf. You could go south to Ruidoso.

Instead of looking at it as anything under $150 come up with a total greens fee budget. You can likely play a couple bigger name courses if you sprinkle in a couple average to slightly below average courses. I’d rather do it that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$150 can get you on a lot of courses in St George/Mesquite that time of year. Wolf Creek and Sand Hollow for sure.

Australia - Victoria- Melbournes sand belt courses

Dr Alister Mc kenzie designs. , the land isn’t special built in suburban settings … the layouts and bunkering is world renown

Royal Melbourne
Kingston Heath
Metropolitan
Huntingdale
Commonweatlth
Yarra Yarra

for example -

and there is links land golf just down the peninsula… as well

As for Melbourne is amazing and the the exchange rate for American dollar would be extraordinary value …..

Back