Big Break 22 (Myrtle Beach, SC)

I agree with everyone else that neither of them look ready for the PGA tour. I thought at the start of the show, Jimmy talked about how he has played in a few Web.com events, but I could be wrong.

I think the show needs a little more talent, but I understand they have to set it up nicely for TV. Regardless I'm going to be tuning into next years Valspar Classic to see how Jimmy plays. He has some time to polish up his game to make a run at making the cut. It would be cool if he made it.

I think the show needs a little more talent, but I understand they have to set it up nicely for TV. Regardless I'm going to be tuning into next years Valspar Classic to see how Jimmy plays. He has some time to polish up his game to make a run at making the cut. It would be cool if he made it.

Personally I think it's a better show when they include players that "aren't there yet." If you've got nothing but tour-ready players, it would become just like watching a tour event, only more annoying due to the inserted drama. Seeing the players being a bit closer to "regular guys/girls" makes it more interesting to me.

LSU Katy went out early on the show but made the cut in Portland.

Last edited:
I was glad to see Jimmy win. His putting was horrendous, but it looked like his tee to green game was pretty solid. I'm with the crowd that doesn't think either of those guys is ready for the Tour, but it will be interesting to see how Jimmy does. I wonder what Toph's handicap is. He certainly didn't play like he's scratch in that final round.

The last episode was very difficult to watch. The putting by Jimmy and driving by Toph were both terrible.

The show is better when the cast NEEDS a big break. They'll play harder than someone who knows they'll make it otherwise. For example, Charlie during this season.

The show is better when the cast NEEDS a big break. They'll play harder than someone who knows they'll make it otherwise. For example, Charlie during this season.

Yep, that's exactly what I said.

I think the show has gotten away from what it was a few years ago. I would rather see the winner get all that they get with the option on the pro tour event. I would rather be exempt into say a US amatuer event. I'm a pretty good golfer... but I would not stand a chance, most of people on the show now are/were pro golfers. Would like to see a Big Break for say over 40 golfers.

I think the show has gotten away from what it was a few years ago. I would rather see the winner get all that they get with the option on the pro tour event. I would rather be exempt into say a US amatuer event. I'm a pretty good golfer... but I would not stand a chance, most of people on the show now are/were pro golfers. Would like to see a Big Break for say over 40 golfers.
Once they get on the show though, they sign away their amateur status.

Catching up on the marathon run this morning.
Just makes me want to play golf so bad...

priceless

#wining.... lol

Toph reminds me that i never bought a pair of Puma Romas and that i want some.

Looks like they are having a marathon on TGC, in case you missed any episodes.

priceless

I met Anthony this past Saturday at Goose Creek GC. He is a nice kid. Maybe this was a bit of an act since it makes for good TV.

Back