Block gets sponsor’s exemption to Colonial

This is cool. from what I’ve read his teaching gig is strong , $150 hour and hasn’t accepted a new client in 5 years

Good news. Love heartwarming stories like his.

He’s a great story and it’s a no brainer for them to invite him. I’d love to see him finish top 20 again and will definitely be watching. A couple more paychecks like the $288k he took home yesterday is almost life changing for a club pro like him.

If I were him I’d certainly be contemplating a career on the Champions Tour in a few years.

Good stuff. Hope it continues on.

So amazing and a great story!

It will be really interesting to see how he does. Playing back to back weeks is a taste of actual tour life, I suspect it’ll be just a bit different experience for him than getting up for this one week. I hope he does well.
I was thinking the same thing - The Pros are used to these emotional up and down that come within a season.
How will he hold up mentally and physically to the challenge of playing on the big stage for two weeks in a row.
I hope he does well.

Last edited:
I hope he can step up and continue to play well. What a story would this be for the guy to play his way into a tour card this year.

I hope he has another great week. Stories like his are great for the game. I wonder if his 'what the heck/why not' attitude would be a major benefit for playing 2 weeks in a row 'on tour'.

His is a great story - maybe the PGA can revisit and share some stories from the other PGA club pros who did well in years before social media/internet/etc. I wonder if they just disappeared or ?

The course at Colonial definitely sets up well fro a shotmaker, and even stretched out to the tips, its not "that" long. way to go Mike

Kinda old school progression to the PGA Tour, pretty awesome.

I think it's great, i believe the Canadian Open offered him a spot too.

Realistically if we're being honest it's unlikely he'll do well consistently, however if he can bank a few more decent cheques that is a really cool thing for him

I love stories like this

It'll be interesting if he can put together another good showing. The mental grind would be taxing, but he he's playing with house money. He has nothing to lose. I'd think the experience would be payment enough and a made cut would just be a bonus.

It’s crazy how golf seems so divided then a moment like this comes along and it goes away, at least for a little bit.

What a great story. Hope he can cash in again.

would love to see him have another great week. Such a great story.

Love this. It was a lot of fun watching the coverage on him and to top last week off with that slam dunk hole in one was just awesome.

Blockie!!!! LOOOOOVVVEEE THIS! :love:

This is cool. from what I’ve read his teaching gig is strong , $150 hour and hasn’t accepted a new client in 5 years

I bet it'll be $250 now, lol!

It'll be interesting to see how he does this week. It's human nature to let down emotionally/physically after having a phenomenal dreamlike experience at the PGA Championship. Having to reset and play this week is going to hard. While I'm sure he's grateful, I bet he wouldn't have minded if this tournament wasn't until the first weekend in June.

Smart for The Colonial too. It's great marketing for an event that has settled into a bit of a second tier event locally and for the tour. He'll have a ton of people cheering him on.

Back