Blue Screen of Death

Slammin'SAM

Never a flatbelly
Reaction score
Handicap
Rare play
Scary words, eh?

I experienced BSOD on Thursday on this desktop. I was searching appliance parts for a washing machine switch when things quit working, and the blue screen came up signifying Windows stopped working. I tried several restarts to no avail, then called the Geek Squad where I bought the machine. They said a scan was free, but $199 if they had to keep it to fix it. OUCH! I got the computer working in safe mode, and left it. Friday I did searches at work on new desktop towers since this one is 5 or 6 years old, and found a fine HP machine for $249, so the repair option on the old one was not gonna happen. Then in the afternoon, at the urging of my young trainee co-worker, I searched YouTube for BSOD. There I found two videos that described the same set of simple steps to fix BSOD through the System Administration tab in the Start menu. When I got home I immediately tried the fix, and VOILA! my old machine is alive again.

YouTube to the rescue again! Amazing how many car repairs, home repairs, and now computer repairs I have found in that great website. Always worth a look!

Good deal Steve, I actually did a google search with my phone when that happened to my last laptop. It is amazing what is out there for free now. We are now our own geeks, lol.

Back