BOA (type) shoe wearers

npd1125

Reaction score
Handicap
I’m considering getting new shoes with the BOA system. I was curious if anyone has had any problems with them, mainly either the thin cable thing breaking or the little twist dial thing. Also, if either does break, is it possible to replace the broken item or would the shoes be shot? TIA

sposey013168

Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I’m considering getting new shoes with the BOA system. I was curious if anyone has had any problems with them, mainly either the thin cable thing breaking or the little twist dial thing. Also, if either does break, is it possible to replace the broken item or would the shoes be shot? TIA
I love boa and have used FJ, adidas and cobra and have had zero issues. I prefer cobra and adidas as I like the disc on the tongue of the shoe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tahoebum

Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
No issues with my Adidas boa.

myndcraft

#TheGauntlet 2015 Champs
Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Driving
My cycling shoes are BOA and have had no issues with them. I believe they can be repaired if the mechanism breaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jmatt

Fat b4 the shafts were
Reaction score
Handicap
horrific
I got my 2nd pair of BOA shoes last season, and compared to my first from...perhaps 5ish years ago? - These are much better. No slippage, no issues with the locking knob. I'd expect any problems would be covered by warranty if they did occur.

dustin8538

Reaction score
Handicap
Ughhhh
I primarily wear adidas shoes and love their boa system. No issues with mine

Scrap Iron

On The Eh Team
Reaction score
Handicap
Hero Shots
2 pairs and 4 years of FJ with the boa system and never had any issues.

aljaklaw

2019 THP/BG Co-Champion
Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
tequila
the cables are steel, and the whole system has a lifetime warranty from BOA themselves

casuk79

Reaction score
Handicap
Iv always avoided them, I remember them in trainers a good 15 years ago and the mechanism would always go I think they were adidas can't quite remember, I'm actually looking for a new pair this year, I'll consider these type

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Jman

#JakeNation
Albatross 2019 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I've converted to Boa, the Puma ones in particular because of their location on the shoe. I'm not sure I can go back to spikes without them.

chefkritter

Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
3 pairs of Boa’s and never had an issue with any of them. I rotate them and normal lace up style depending on the gear but love the feel of them, easy to cinch up if need be and super easy to keep clean.

PhillyV

#TeamTHP G18'
Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow
I've converted to Boa, the Puma ones in particular because of their location on the shoe. I'm not sure I can go back to spikes without them.
I’m the same way. I love the puma set up

adwillingham

2-Time HOFer
Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I've had a pair of FootJoy's with BOA for about three years and have been really pleased with them. Just as of late, one of the dials will disengage (which causes the shoe to loosen) periodically. I need new shoes anyway, so I'm not pursuing a warranty claim, but if they were available in the shoe/size I was looking at, I'd go BOA again.

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
I've had Puma disc, FJ BOA on golf shoes, even Puma disc on running shoes and dress boots and haven't had any issues at all.

npd1125

Reaction score
Handicap
Thanks for all the replies and info. I think I’ll give the BOA shoes a try.

Goose

Reaction score
Handicap
1-ish
All of my cycling shoes and golf shoes are BOA.

Shoe laces are for the birds.

mrkich

Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Always wanted to go BOA too, thanks for starting this to get some insight

-CRW-

Keeping things real...
Reaction score
Handicap
My current golf shoes don’t have the BOA lacing system, but I miss the system and loved them when I had them.

Jimmy3864

Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I think I've had at lesser 4 or 5 pairs of FJ BOA shoes over about 8 years and never had an issue. My favorite style but they are hard to find in a wide width, that is only restriction.

ChristopherKee

Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
I broke the BOA on my cycling shoes and fixed them myself. Cost me $9 and was easy.

itsdavetime

Reaction score
Handicap
?
Just purchased FJ BOA shoes and love them! So comfortable! Also wear BOA cycling shoes, so I'm just used to it. They are extremely easy and you never have to worry about your shoes becoming untied on the course.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in