Bouncing / Juggling the Ball on Your Wedge?

Frank559

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
OK, as the title suggests - can you bounce / juggle / dribble(?) a golf ball on your club?

If you can, how do you do it?

I've seen folks at the course show off this ability and have been very impressed. I cannot obviously, and I've tried a few times to disastrous effect.

And not to play "identity golf politics" here, but in IMHO once you've mastered this you are considered a great golfer (or at least look like one) in my mind :cool:

So do tell...

I can juggle...used to do that for hand-eye coordination in hockey...but I can't do any golf tricks or spin the basketball on my finger!

I can, but not NEARLY as good as my HS kids. It’s fun to watch.

Same though it's been many years. I juggle two balls with one hand or 3 for 2 hands. Just hand eye coordination as well after breaking some bones.

I can get maybe two bounces before the ball heads for parts unknown. It's a cool looking trick, just nothing I've ever put any effort into learning/practicing.

You've attained Next Level status when you can do it like Tania Tare:

Nope. I’d like
To be able to do the thing where you can pick balls up with the wedge where you flick it off the ground, bounce it in the club once or twice then into the bag. But I’m completely useless at anything like that.

I can only do two or three. I feel like I have really good hand eye but this isn’t something I’m good at at all lol

I can do it once.... A bunch of times.

Nope, sadly.... not at all

I am pretty OK at it, its been a while since I did it much. One of those skills I picked up as a youngster.

The best way to do it, is to simply grip your AW or SW so that your wrist is comfortable and face is parallel to the ground. Then, start practicing bouncing. You can do it with different clubs, but you have to hold the shaft at a different angle to get it parallel to the ground. For me, right around AW or SW is the most natural. Trap the ball against your opposite foot with the wedge and then start bouncing until you get good at it.

I can bounce it a few times, some times longer than others but it doesn't look as pretty as when I see others do it.

I can get maybe two bounces before the ball heads for parts unknown. It's a cool looking trick, just nothing I've ever put any effort into learning/practicing.

You've attained Next Level status when you can do it like Tania Tare:

Wow Tania Tare... Mind blown

Once or twice, not really good at it.

I cannot.

I've tried picking up a ball from the ground using a wedge, and the end result is walking about 5 yards and then bending down to pick it up with my hand.

I used to be able to pick up a ball with a wedge. Does that count? I can rarely get to 2 bounces. I’ve given up. I just don’t have the time to practice it enough to attempt it in public.

I’ve seen many fellows l play with struggle with orthodox methods of playing let alone this hybrid rhythmic gymnastic golf……..

Certainly Tania’s got talent ! 🔥😳

I cannot and when I attempt to usually ends up me chasing the ball. It amazes me when some ppl do it especially picking it up off the ground with their club.

Realized this skill comes in handy when scooping a ball out of waters edge and a couple of bounces then in their hands. Pretty cool but I certainly cannot do it.

Nope, can't even pick it up with the wedge, usually results in me flicking it about 15 yards away,

No but it's something I will start practising at some point.

I bet this guy will be doing it soon... I need to use a SW or AW and try it out - more than twice and I'm lucky.

But this guy? It's all in front of him.

Last edited:
Very difficult to explain how. I learnt it when I was a teenager. It’s just like most other skills - when you can’t do it, it seems impossible but when you learn it seems easy...

Back