Brag about your kids

Sheesh, where did the time go? From 7th grader to senior section leader. What amazing dedication he's had, incredible work ethic. Only a few months left then he's off to college (should be hearing from his #1 choice on Wednesday).

View attachment 9237708
Time goes so fast. Our youngest is a freshman at Davidson College and we are still getting adjusted to being empty nesters. We will visit her at college next month and then she is bringing two friends to our Naples condo for their spring break in early March and we are so looking forward to it.

We are just starting our journey, my youngest and I. She has been swinging since she was 5 and getting formalized lessons since she was 6. She is 7 now and is showing no signs of slowing down.

But I love the reminders from you all about enjoying it now. It's always great to have these reminders.

Thank U GIF

7th grade basketball has come to an end with losing by 2 points in the semi final game. The best part was they didn’t get run out of the gym, they hurt themselves missing 13 free throws and several easy layups that just didn’t go in. I’m proud of her for playing when basketball is not her main sport

IMG_8459.jpeg

IMG_8613.jpeg

Last edited:
JBCIV is getting to big!🥲
IMG_1947.jpeg

This kid is crushing it. His football team won conference in 8th grade after finishing 3-6 in 7th and right now he’s coming off of an awesome showing at his first PG Showcase. Currently ranked in the top 10 for 2028 at his position and he’s pumped! IMG_7120.jpegIMG_6017.jpeg

My son has lost a total of 50lbs. I want to know his secret because it's not working out, that's for sure.

Maybe it's just being more conscious of what he puts in his yap and being 17 so the metabolism is peaking.

Time goes so fast. Our youngest is a freshman at Davidson College and we are still getting adjusted to being empty nesters. We will visit her at college next month and then she is bringing two friends to our Naples condo for their spring break in early March and we are so looking forward to it.
I live in Charlotte. Davidson is a great school. You should be very proud. Also, lots of place to play when you come visit. Tot Hill Farm isn't too far away. One of Mike Stranz last courses.

Three GREAT kids.All in early adulting. One,Duke on an athletic scholarship. Another, Duke on a scholarship that made him totally free and might allow me to retire some day. NC State, she outworks everyone. One did Vanderbilt grad school. Our last two are twins, Happy birthday later this week. One writes for one of the top three newspapers in the country covering city hall at 24 years old. All this to say the obvious. MY WIFE IS VERY SMART.

Picture day and my little dude is not so little anymore. 14U season here we go! legends-14uvedda (20 of 51).jpeglegends-14uvedda (19 of 51).jpeglegends-14uvedda (23 of 51).jpeg

Somehow despite being raised by me my daughter is incredibly emphatic and such a wonderful girl.

This season has flown by. Both my girls playing soccer at a high level warms my heart. Not for the wins but just for the ability to manage their time, stay committed, persevere through injuries and when things didn’t quite go their way.

My oldest finished her freshman year undefeated and District Champs. She was also voted a captain for the team.

My youngest played Jr High basketball between her soccer and did well. With soccer she’s put in the work for her team and has been asked to guest play up several times this year. We even have one coach who come and grabs her every time he can and that team is two levels up from her regular squad.

These two fill my cup something fierce

IMG_8960.jpeg

IMG_8961.jpeg

Last edited:
This season has flown by. Both my girls playing soccer at a high level warms my heart. Not for the wins but just for the ability to manage their time, stay committed, persevere through injuries and when things didn’t quite go their way.

My oldest finished her freshman year undefeated and District Champs. She was also voted a captain for the team.

My youngest played Jr High basketball between her soccer and did well. With soccer she’s put in the work for her team and has been asked to guest play up several times this year. We even have one coach who come and grabs her every time he can and that team is two levels up from her regular squad.

These two fill my cup something fierce

View attachment 9252125

View attachment 9252126
Is that a lefty to boot I spy!

Love it Mike.

It’s been a while since I’ve bragged about our kids, I’ll give short updates for each, from oldest to youngest:

Our oldest and his wife had their first child this past weekend, my first grandson. 20.25in, 7.3lbs and healthy.

Our next recently bought a new townhome in Henderson NV and is living with his GF, who is the girl on the mic during play stoppage at the Vegas Golden Knights games.

The third is still a Marine Aviator flying the v22 Osprey.

Our youngest, after having successful brain surgery to correct a seizure disorder, is now the Dallas Stars Event Manager.

We’re very proud of all of them!

Local ESPN radio station does previews for HS sports. My son made their baseball list as “Most Consistent Hitter.” His HS team is the sleeper team as well.

Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 10.48.12 AM.jpeg

Kid got straight A's again, she is so dang smart, not quite sure where she gets it. She was just chosen to join the Jr National Honors Society. So very proud of her!

I've managed to completely miss this thread until today. As much as I love talking about golf, there is nothing I enjoy talking about more than my kids. My oldest is enjoying his junior year (HS) of baseball. We lost in the 4A state semi-final to the eventual state champion the past two seasons and have another opportunity to make a run this season. My son has started hot and currently leading his team with a .600 batting avg, playing 1B, and pitching some great relief innings. He works harder than anyone I know and it makes me so proud to see him reaping the rewards!

IMG_5992.jpeg

The middle boy (8th grade) kicks off the 2024 middle school soccer season tonight against our main rival. He took up soccer a year ago and we've watched him flourish as keeper. He found out yesterday that he was voted by his teammates as one (of two) team captains for the season. I'm not sure I could be any more proud of him.
IMG_1067.jpeg
The princess (7th grade) had cheer tryouts (for 8th grade) last night and honored to make her middle school squad for the second time. She was on cloud nine. She also has taken up golf in the last couple of months and we are loving spending time on the course together any chance we get!
IMG_1459.jpeg

Last edited:
I've managed to completely miss this thread until today. As much as I love talking about golf, there is nothing I enjoy talking about more than my kids. My oldest is enjoying his junior year (HS) of baseball. We lost in the 4A state semi-final to the eventual state champion the past two seasons and have another opportunity to make a run this season. My son has started hot and currently leading his team with a .600 batting avg, playing 1B, and pitching some great relief innings. He works harder than anyone I know and it makes me so proud to see him reaping the rewards!

View attachment 9252182

The middle boy (8th grade) kicks off the 2024 middle school soccer season tonight against our main rival. He took up soccer a year ago and we've watched him flourish as keeper. He found out yesterday that he was voted by his teammates as one (of two) team captains for the season. I'm not sure I could be any more proud of him.
View attachment 9252183
The princess (7th grade) had cheer tryouts (for 8th grade) last night and honored to make her middle school squad for the second time. She was on cloud nine. She also has taken up golf in the last couple of months and we are loving spending time on the course together any chance we get!
View attachment 9252186
That's awesome... There is nothing better than watching your children succeed. This is my fav thread on THP as I feel like these kids are all my nephews & nieces.

IMG_4245.jpeg
We welcomed our second baby a week ago and I’ve been so impressed how our oldest (2.5 years old) has been excited to be a big sister and help out with random things like changing her sisters diaper. Definitely some growing pains especially being in a “mine” phase, but nonetheless, I’ve been impressed.

View attachment 9252604
We welcomed our second baby a week ago and I’ve been so impressed how our oldest (2.5 years old) has been excited to be a big sister and help out with random things like changing her sisters diaper. Definitely some growing pains especially being in a “mine” phase, but nonetheless, I’ve been impressed.
Congratulations! Beautiful girls!

Back