My "affinity" had always been to play whatever I could afford to play. However, I'd always wanted to own Ping clubs. No real reason other than their reputation. Once I hit a friend's set of Eye2s, I was hooked. It was many years after that (this year) that I finally talked myself into spending the money on a Ping set. I'm not disappointed so far. I would buy them again.

Outside of the Callaway love that they totally deserve from me right now :D, I wouldn't call myself brand loyal as I'm an equal opportunity offender, but I definitely have some preconceived ideas about certain brands and excitement in different areas. I've gamed clubs from all of the major manufacturers except for Titleist, and even a couple of the smaller ones. I think I'm the only person I know who is just 'meh' on most taylormade releases, but I've certainly gamed some their offerings as recently as last week.

As far as excitement goes? As a (somewhat successfully) recovering XR16 addict & current CF16 gamer, I'm obviously super eager to learn more about Callaway's 2018 lineup and hit the crap out of them. What PING is doing right now across their offering is pretty outstanding. I've got a set of i200s that are flat out fun to play and the woods that I've seen and hit have been fantastic. Also for the first time ever I'm actually interested in the 718 release from Titleist, and am excited to see the Cleveland brand re-enter the market with a full offering. Things have been quiet for me recently with Cobra but their F7 line is so so solid, and I expect more of the same next year. I won't even talk about putters as my eye tends to wander just a bit so I'm even more all over the place there.

Interesting. Srixon's and Mizuno I love on the iron front, but can't get myself to play Titleist irons. The new line looks great though.

the new titleist line is really good. honestly i haven't been excited about a titleist club in awhile. but from the minute they teased the 718 lineup, something about it really resonated with me and i was super intrigued. then i got into the event, and now i'm inching into homer status haha

My "affinity" had always been to play whatever I could afford to play. However, I'd always wanted to own Ping clubs. No real reason other than their reputation. Once I hit a friend's set of Eye2s, I was hooked. It was many years after that (this year) that I finally talked myself into spending the money on a Ping set. I'm not disappointed so far. I would buy them again.

+1 totally agree :)

For me it is Callaway. I used to be a loyal Ping guy until I went for a fitting for their latest set of irons (I forget which it was at the time) and saw no improvement over my current set. Picked up a Callaway iron (X2 Hot maybe?) and saw immediate improvement in distance, dispersion and consistency. I have been with Callaway ever since eventually going full bag to include Odyssey putter.

For me it is Callaway. I used to be a loyal Ping guy until I went for a fitting for their latest set of irons (I forget which it was at the time) and saw no improvement over my current set. Picked up a Callaway iron (X2 Hot maybe?) and saw immediate improvement in distance, dispersion and consistency. I have been with Callaway ever since eventually going full bag to include Odyssey putter.
I was temporarily playing some TM burner irons until I encountered the Callaway X2 Hot irons. Callaway irons ever since.

I don't have any brand affinity, I just play what's best :eyepoke: :rofl:

Having met absolutely nobody from any of the OEM's and very little interaction with any of them (in a way that would get me to follow them) I have zero brand affinity which can be obvious from my bag which contains clubs from

Callaway
Taylormade
Srixon
Cleveland
Odyssey

I will always look to see what works best for me, and this will always be dictated by what I can actually get my hands on to test. If I can't swing a club from a particular OEM then it won't have a chance of getting into my bag

Callaway and Titleist are where I gravitate too....AP3's will be in the bag for next season

Cobra excites me the most and what I’m most loyal towards.

Callaway is a close second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cobra excites me the most and what I’m most loyal towards.

Callaway is a close second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cobra is a very close #2 for me without question...right behind Callaway. Cobra is innovating at a very high level right now.

I just replaced my titleist 762 DCIs with AP-3s. I love the look and feel, and loyal to the brand.
I have a 15 year old Nike Sasquatch that can't be beat out by any new driver on the monitors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back