I try to stay 100% open to all the major brands and each has offered things I've been very excited by recently. I just don't want to automatically disregard something that may work awesome for me, (or assume this one MUST be the best), just because of brand favoritism. I'm 100% cool with others having a completely opposite take for their own reasons.

Callaway was always my brand and I have also given it the benefit of the doubt. The reality though is while I really like the brand the equipment just doesn't perform for me like other products on the market. Took me a long time but I play what works not what looks cool.

Not anymore. From here on in, I'll play what works best for me regardless of what brand it may be.

not to 1 brand at all at the moment, as evident by my hodge podge WITB

TaylorMade for me since I've been playing their stuff since I was 16 years old in high school….back to the Burner Bubble days. Since then, the only non-TaylorMade equipment I've ever carried is Callaway wedges. Callaway would be the only other brand I would even consider putting in my bag with a slight exception to Srixon or Mizuno irons….maybe.

I'll forever stay far away from Titleist and PING.

I have certain manufactures that will always get first look for certain spots.

Woods/hybrids - Pretty heavily towards Callaway. The adapter being able to keep the shaft logo's in the same spot is oddly huge for me. that alone can keep my business.
Irons - Mizuno/Srixon/Ping will pretty much always get first looks. Performance and looks will push the decision in the end. This isn't set in stone as there are others I could buy, but these 3 will get first consideration every time.
Wedges - Titliest or Cleveland. That's pretty much it. Dabbled with Callaway for a second but they still haven't been able to win me over yet. No other brand outside of those 3 would ever get my attention at this point.
Putters - Big Odyssey and Bettinardi fan. I'll try/buy anything that looks and sounds good though haha

I prefer TM, especially for driver and irons, but am willing try most other OEM equipment. The Cobra one length have me intrigued and prefer Cleveland wedges. I'll try any hybrid, putter or ball.

not to 1 brand at all at the moment, as evident by my hodge podge WITB
Haha! True. I think JB might have you beat. His WITB is pretty fluid.

Not anymore. From here on in, I'll play what works best for me regardless of what brand it may be.
Curious to know what brought on the pivot? Was it the bag battles?

Curious to know what brought on the pivot? Was it the bag battles?

Just at the point in my life where I'm not getting any younger, and I'm finally willing to focus on my game more than anything else when it comes to club selection.

I am open to any brand that may help my golf bag. Currently have mostly callaway clubs just seem to hit them better, i do a some ping and taylormade mixed in my bag as well.

I really like the things Cobra and Cleveland are doing to cater to the high handicap market. If I were buying new clubs today it would probably be from one of those companies.

PST! I can play any brands I’m no fanboi as long as they are Callaway.

I am not loyal to any brand.

The only thing I am loyal to in golf is what I call Affordable Performance.
If it performs the best for me....and I can afford it. I will buy it.

Never have been loyal to one brand before but I predict full Callaway in the near future.

I wouldn't say I am brand loyal but I'll give first dibs to Cobra and then Callaway. I've always had a soft spot for Cobra and they treated us so great at The Morgan Cup that it just added to that. Callaway we a blast to hang out with last year and they are right up there for me also.

When did this happen?

Dave
No real idea when or why, but it was a while ago now.
One day his Twitter just had no reference to W/S anymore and when it was put out there nobody denied it.

No real idea when or why, but it was a while ago now.
One day his Twitter just had no reference to W/S anymore and when it was put out there nobody denied it.

Wow, interesting. I have to imagine the Triton is an issue for them having to sell so many heavily discounted, maybe he was caught up in that? Or maybe he left on his own... It's too bad. He is a well spoken guy.

Dave

I'm not loyal to any brand but I tend to play a Ping driver and Odyssey putters pretty much year after year. The rest of the bag changes depending on what I need for how I'm playing. Ball wise I've been playing TaylorMade balls pretty much since the first Penta. I'm trying really hard to stop but I keep coming back. Srixon is making a good case this year to boot them out.

right now i have an affinity for srixon, titleist and mizuno. each of these brands seems to be putting out gear that has beautiful lines yet plenty of performance. cobra is also very much on my radar.

i still can't seem to get excited about wilson. neither taylor made nor ping do anything for me. and honestly i can't get into callaway's irons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always liked trying to keep a 1-brand bag. For years, I played only PING - but I couldn't find wedges and a putter that agreed with me. I always loved PING irons though. I tried to go to an all TM bag (just for the sake of change), but I ended up reacquiring my old i20s and they are still in the bag now :)

Am I loyal to any brand? Let's see...

Brands in my bag currently:

TaylorMade
Cobra
Titleist
Srixon
Callaway

right now i have an affinity for srixon, titleist and mizuno. each of these brands seems to be putting out gear that has beautiful lines yet plenty of performance. cobra is also very much on my radar.

i still can't seem to get excited about wilson. neither taylor made nor ping do anything for me. and honestly i can't get into callaway's irons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Interesting. Srixon's and Mizuno I love on the iron front, but can't get myself to play Titleist irons. The new line looks great though.

Back