Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Double or worse

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

Daluteh

Touring Purple - 2024 Bag Boy Championship
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
The 11th at Ballyhack gives us a shorter par 4 - with risk and reward.

1713260285697.png

One up from the tips puts our middle of the fairway bunker at just about 260, the shot goes downhill then back uphill onto the green.

1713260351609.png

There is what appears to be a pretty good landing area before you attempt your GIR up over those bunkers.

1713260463967.png

The green here appears to be fairly long and narrow, one of the few that's a make sure not to miss on the left side.

1713260584619.png

What's your plan on this hole? How do you score?

MyStrategy is showing me that we've got a semi-reasonable chance in 2 here, depending on the elevation for the second shot.

1713261041613.png

Solid drive puts us 150'ish out from the middle of the green that allows another hole with a legitimate chance at a birdie look.

5w off the tee for me. That would put me in the landing zone for 230ish and if dry get some roll, giving me less than 100 yards in for a wedge in hand to try and put something close. Definitely feels like a birdie opportunity.

I absolutely love #11. Great view from the tee box, but if you are a short hitter the green won’t be visible on your approach shot. Tee balls right are dead.
IMG_0666.jpeg

I can almost guarantee you will break out in laughter once your cart crests the hill and you get to set eyes on this fairway for the first time.

Let's just say it's a touch uphill ;) As in your drive has a better chance of rolling back toward you than it does bounding forward. And the second shot isn't any easier either.

I'm going with bogey because I'm probably not going to be on the dance floor in two but somewhere close chipping on.

Don't miss the fairway. Left or right is trouble. @echico knows how to play this hole

This is probably the most difficult tee shot on the course. Super narrow with an awkward angle to the fairway. It’s also crazy uphill and you probably won’t be able to see the green on your second shot.

If you’re a longer hitter you can definitely get up close but you better hit a fairly straight ball.

The goal is to just be on in 2 and make par

Don't miss the fairway. Left or right is trouble. @echico knows how to play this hole
The ideal play is just off the back of the green......with your tee shot.

1713273381243.png

This is probably the most difficult tee shot on the course. Super narrow with an awkward angle to the fairway. It’s also crazy uphill and you probably won’t be able to see the green on your second shot.

If you’re a longer hitter you can definitely get up close but you better hit a fairly straight ball.

The goal is to just be on in 2 and make par
It looks rather daunting, the numbers make it seem reasonable, but it's the layout that seems to be the focus.

What is it to make it to the front of the green?
From the next up tees, it was about 260 to the front of the bunker. 280-290? I don't know about the reality, but I was looking at it on ShotScope this morning when doing the post.

In my head: tee shot holds the right just short of the bunker leaving easy chip to comfortable birdie putt.

In reality: hole 11 is about when my dreaded snap hook could show up and those trees over left there could do with some exploring 🤣

It looks rather daunting, the numbers make it seem reasonable, but it's the layout that seems to be the focus.
It’s very uncomfortable. If you miss the fairway left there’s a good chance you go OB. For a righty, it’s the perfect hole to hit a fade. Anything on the right side gives you a really good angle in

From the next up tees, it was about 260 to the front of the bunker. 280-290? I don't know about the reality, but I was looking at it on ShotScope this morning when doing the post.
I was just asking since he stated hit to the back of the green with your tee shot.

In my head: tee shot holds the right just short of the bunker leaving easy chip to comfortable birdie putt.

In reality: hole 11 is about when my dreaded snap hook could show up and those trees over left there could do with some exploring 🤣
The goal is to make sure your partner is in the short stuff!

What is it to make it to the front of the green?
Honestly we played from 2 tee boxes up in Alt shot. It was probably about 240 to get over the bunker and onto the green where the ball rolls.

This is the lesson here. In Alt shot never say you are sorry, but you have to go for it every now and again. That shot propelled us to shoot a pretty good Alt shot 9 and get us back into the tournament. There was trouble left and right and I had some "passion" to put a little extra on the drive. The funniest thing was seeing @jbb2388 not want to screw up the chip. :ROFLMAO:

When playing from 1 up you have to get the ball in play or this hole will eat you up.

See that itty-bitty bunker on the right? Don’t go there. 🤣 I managed to hit there both rounds, went bogey-bogey. Surprising, because the hole sets up well for my slight draw.

Which is exactly what I did
We still made bird. It worked out. I remember saying don't post that until we make birdie. @Junkyard already posted that I drove the green. :ROFLMAO:

Depending on the tee, it looks like either a 3w or UW.

I hate this hole so much. Talk about not fitting my eye for a lefty. That was when I had a fade swing though. Since I’m hitting more of a draw this year, MAYBE I can convince myself that it’s not that bad. I doubt it, but maybe.

nahhhh, screw this hole lol

Back