Breaking Down the Tech: Tour Edge Exotics EXS Driver

So, while the rain is killing me on this review for getting outside more than just in short spurts, I do have some overall data to discuss.

I've still not adjusted the driver from stock settings, its 10.5 with the standard weight setup still intact, again, paired with the Tensei Blue 70S

Based on looking at a few small sessions across the app and doing the math myself because they're all scattered...

Spin Avg: 2300 RPM range - For me, this is pretty low, heck, for most people this is pretty low and as I discussed yesterday not something I think many will expect for whatever reason (being honest though I think price would be why for most, which is silly). Lower spin than the Cortex, G400 Max, and 785 for me.

Launch Avg:
11.0 range - Again, for me, this is quite good as a lower ball hitter. At my SS, this is actually the launch range I try to hit, and when I can, it usually results in a lot of fun off the tee.

Ball Speed Avg: 158 - Being totally honest, I'm pleased here. Yes, I've been a 160's guy throughout this last summer/fall, but, its winter now and I'm testing in decidedly lower temps. When I can flirt with 160 (and high recorded so far was 162) in these conditions I have no problem saying it produces, FOR ME, as much ball speed as anything else I have tried this year.

Just maybe some interesting discussion points for those following or those who want to jump in?
Just reading through this thread again, getting ready to pull the trigger & order it tomorrow. Noticed u mentioned u were using the 70s shaft & not x. On their website it shows the x flex in either 60 or 70 gram being anyone with a 100mph + swing. I am right around 105 would u recommend the 60s or 60x flex with the stock shaft? I have always used stiff shaftd & currently using the atmos ts blue 6s. Any insite would b greatly appreciated. Merry xmas everyone.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Just reading through this thread again, getting ready to pull the trigger & order it tomorrow. Noticed u mentioned u were using the 70s shaft & not x. On their website it shows the x flex in either 60 or 70 gram being anyone with a 100mph + swing. I am right around 105 would u recommend the 60s or 60x flex with the stock shaft? I have always used stiff shaftd & currently using the atmos ts blue 6s. Any insite would b greatly appreciated. Merry xmas everyone.

I'm a 100 mph plus swinger and I use the sr series of the speeder evolution. I usually choose stiff regular (sr) or regular with a bit more weight added. I am going with the regular 60 for the mck tensen blue 2g.

Given you are using the atmos ts blue 6s, I would say the closest is the 60 stiff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey MH, sorry for the delayed response!

Yeah, the shaft setup which came in for review is the 70S, I’m a 110+ guy but the S held up well enough for me in testing. I would think, but remember this is not knowing your swing, in that range you will be fine with S.

Thanks for the reply's I am going to stick with the stiff shaft if I order 1 today

Last edited:
I think it will surprise pretty much everyone that tries it out, I really do.

I'm waiting for my new set now. If it says what you do , I think my new bag brand for 2019 is all TE. Something I wasn't expecting.

Ordered a 10.5 degree with Hzrdus shaft. Hope this is the driver to fix my tee box woes.

Received my custom order driver. Hzdus Red 6.0 shaft. This driver is worth more than the $299 price. Best driver deal on the planet. Carrying 220 yds and another 15 yds run out. The Hzdus shaft pairs wonderfully with this head.

Had my first round with the EXS today. 10.5* set at U- w/ 9gr in heel and 6gr in the back.

I pretty much got what I was getting at the range. This wasn’t my home course but I know it pretty well. I hit some bombs for me. Actually hit one about 270 that went through the fairway and into a ravine on a par 5. I’m usually 30-40 yards short of the ravine. Had a couple others that were 30 or so yards longer than normal. Had a few that ended up in good spots that shouldn’t have. What really has me excited is it was extremely wet. Hardly any rollout. Hopefully that means in warmer, drier weather it’s even longer.

Edited to add - I think anyone that is looking for a new driver is doing themselves a disservice if they don’t give this a shot. I’m pretty sure it’ll stand up to the big boys and do it a couple hundred dollars cheaper.

Last edited:
Received notification this afternoon that my driver is being shipped out tomorrow. Can't wait to get it hand and start hitting it!

Received notification this afternoon that my driver is being shipped out tomorrow. Can't wait to get it hand and start hitting it!

Look forward to seeing how it works for you. I’m pretty sure I lucked into a good fit but it works for me and it feels, sounds, and looks good doing it so I’m happy.

Holy smokes! I went to go hit the 2 drivers I was fit for (rogue sz, ts3) again and to rule out the z785 when I was handed the EXS. I gave it a spin not expecting anything. MAN! My results were terrific. Everything was in the fairway. I hit 1 high toe that i was sure would hook ob and it just had a medium draw but would have been 100% playable.

I was really blown away.

Unfortunately they only had the tensei 60 and nothing in an x flex.

I'm hoping I can find somewhere that has more options for me to try but if not I might just order an x.

The tensei was surprisingly stable though. I wonder if the X stiff would lower flight and spin a bit?

Last edited:
Holy smokes! I went to go hit the 2 drivers I was fit for (rogue sz, ts3) again and to rule out the z785 when I was handed the EXS. I gave it a spin not expecting anything. MAN! My results were terrific. Everything was in the fairway. I hit 1 high toe that i was sure would hook ob and it just had a medium draw but would have been 100% playable.

I was really blown away.

Unfortunately they only had the tensei 60 and nothing in an x flex.

I'm hoping I can find somewhere that has more options for me to try but if not I might just order an x.

The tensei was surprisingly stable though. I wonder if the X stiff would lower flight and spin a bit?

There are plenty of free upgrade shafts that would lower flight and come in X-stiff. HZRDUS Black or Yellow, Tensei White, and some others.

There are plenty of free upgrade shafts that would lower flight and come in X-stiff. HZRDUS Black or Yellow, Tensei White, and some others.

Thanks, Yes I emailed them and they sent me a list of shafts. They didn't answer whether or not I could buy a tip to place an existing shaft in though... I just bought an Evenflow White to pair with a Rogue SZ or TS3 head when I fell in love with the EXS. I have a feeling that set up would be great for me.

--Edit--

They replied. $19.99 each.

Last edited:
Had a go at it at the driving range that morning. Interesting fact, when I used my usual swing set up where ball is smack center in position, it would slice. But when I put the ball slightly forward to the front to right side or to the toe, straightest balls and beautiful fades I ever seen. 170 yards when the rogue gave me 150 yards.

Maybe I need to thinker with the shaft adjustment options ? Any ideas? So I could put the ball smack center and have the best flight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back