Review Breakthrough Golf Technology Stability Tour Putter Shaft Review

Solid, did you get it used? Also, what putter are you combining it with?
Bought it new off a seller on ebay.

I installed it in my Scotty Phantom X 12.

For today's round, I went back to the Ping tyne with the stock steel shaft. Making the switch back after having played a number of rounds with the Scotty/Stability tour setup has given me a smidge of perspective now. What I can say is that I believe I like the stability tour setup quite a bit. On a few lag putts today (with the Tyne), I swear I could feel the shaft kick a little. Now it didn't impact my speed control much at all, but I think I noticed it a few times. The greens today were quite slow compared to yesterday's greens.
It is hard for me to put my finger on what the stability tour shaft brings to the table, but I think I like it. I'm going to switch back to it again tomorrow and see how I get on.
It now has me pondering one for my tyne. :unsure:

Two rounds now with the stability tour shaft.

I cant say its transformed my putting or anything of the sort.

I think it looks really cool and the feel is pretty good.

I’m happy with it, but also happy I didn’t pay full retail for it.
It’s like I’ve tried to mention in both review articles, it’s not going to make someone instantly a better putter and you’re not going to see lightning in a bottle changes. But, there is increased consistency through the stability of all these new putter shafts out there, it’s just one of those things you have to try and see. I’ll add, it’s when you go back to a non stability shaft that you end up going “oooooooohhhhhh” the most.

It’s like I’ve tried to mention in both review articles, it’s not going to make someone instantly a better putter and you’re not going to see lightning in a bottle changes. But, there is increased consistency through the stability of all these new putter shafts out there, it’s just one of those things you have to try and see. I’ll add, it’s when you go back to a non stability shaft that you end up going “oooooooohhhhhh” the most.
Exactly what I think I felt yesterday going back to my Tyne (stock steel shaft).

Playing again today and going back to the Scotty/Stability setup. Although, I will say I did putt quite well with my Tyne yesterday. lol.....golf.

Exactly what I think I felt yesterday going back to my Tyne (stock steel shaft).

Playing again today and going back to the Scotty/Stability setup. Although, I will say I did putt quite well with my Tyne yesterday. lol.....golf.
I think that’s the inevitable issue with all these putter shafts, without a SAM system or the likes it’s incredibly hard to nail down the “aha! There it is, there’s the performance differentiator!” and that makes it a hard sell price wise for many. But, I will say in the 20-30 people I’ve let roll both versions they all consistently come away impressed at the stability through the stroke and feeling that the head is just totally going to stay on path. Sadly, most of us pick crappy paths at times, lord knows I’m guilty haha

I think that’s the inevitable issue with all these putter shafts, without a SAM system or the likes it’s incredibly hard to nail down the “aha! There it is, there’s the performance differentiator!” and that makes it a hard sell price wise for many. But, I will say in the 20-30 people I’ve let roll both versions they all consistently come away impressed at the stability through the stroke and feeling that the head is just totally going to stay on path. Sadly, most of us pick crappy paths at times, lord knows I’m guilty haha

Yeah, that makes perfect sense. My testing is solely on course, so I have to go off feel etc.. Of course I'm also trying to compare two different putter setups, so...

It has me intrigued enough to consider one for my Tyne.

Question is: Tour or standard...? From what I understand, the standard model has a higher balance point, which might be nice in my tyne (370g head I believe it is).

Yeah, that makes perfect sense. My testing is solely on course, so I have to go off feel etc.. Of course I'm also trying to compare two different putter setups, so...

It has me intrigued enough to consider one for my Tyne.

Question is: Tour or standard...? From what I understand, the standard model has a higher balance point, which might be nice in my tyne (370g head I believe it is).
It’s slightly higher, and slightly stiffer overall. I preferred the original in a heavier head, I reviewed it in a 373g putter head. It’s just also a less “normal” look at address with its width/thickness.

Putting the Tour in my new Cleveland Soft Premier 10.5 next week. Looking forward to getting it put together.

After 28 putts on sunday on very fast greens I am sold, it seems my speed control on lag putts is much more reliable and while I still can't seem to feel much at all on the short putts having no 3 putts in a competition round is pretty convincing to me.

It was really getting to the guy I was paired with that I made several 12- 15 ft putts and lagged to tap un everytime from up to 40 or so ft away.
Now the 2 doubles that cost me the win were from bad approach shots not on the greens for once.

Bumping up an old thread here. Has anyone installed one of these themselves and if so is it very difficult? I gave all of the tools I should need but debating whether I should just have the Club builder at our local store do it so it's done correct.

Bumping up an old thread here. Has anyone installed one of these themselves and if so is it very difficult? I gave all of the tools I should need but debating whether I should just have the Club builder at our local store do it so it's done correct.

I installed one on my Betti SS12, which is center shafted. Was pretty straightforward if you watch the videos. I just trimmed the existing shaft down and the BGT graphite shaft installed right over top of it. I will say getting the grip on was a bit of a chore. Don't think I'd try it with a super stroke.

Other than gripping, it was super simple and something I'd consider as a good option for folks who have over the hosel putter shafts, be it center, double bend, whatever. I've held off so far, but there's a solid chance I put one of the newer models on my Sik during the offseason.

Last edited:
Reactions: KEV
It’s not hard at all, and their instructions are easy to follow.

Hey @Jman, an ad for these odd looking wedges shafts popped up on Facebook and I searched on here but only found this review of their putter shafts. Have you checked out their wedge shafts as well?

I’m definitely late to the party on this one, but this is exactly what I just went through for the first time with my new Bettinardi.

Back