For those wondering, this is being used as the measuring stick for best ever. Here is the top 20 by Pro Football Reference in QBR with qualifying numbers.

Poor John Elway should have tried harder haha

View attachment 9006104

Kirk Cousins 6th says it all there. 😂

Maybe you should look at the receivers Brady has had compared to Aaron Rodgers??

Maybe there is a Pats fan who gets it. A tacit admission that a QB actually needs support from others to be effective and win games. There's hope for this discussion yet.

That said, I heard that Rob Gronkowski guy was pretty good.

BTW, for sake of discussion, let's make sure we're talking about the NFL passer rating as the traditional rating of QBs, versus the more recent ESPN "Total QBR" rating.

I look at it as I can have either qb on my team for their career, I'm taking Rodgers and it's not even really close. Stats aside, Rodgers just had more talent. Brees squeezed every ounce out he had and was also great but give me Rodgers if I have a choice

Look if we’re going to solely base this on ratings, it has to be Rodgers. He was rated 99 in Madden 2 years while Brees was only 99 for 1 year.

Weird how you glossed over the Toy Romo one…Using QBR as your dynamic trait of best ever says all it needs too.

Now, wait a second. You started this thread with deep ball, accuracy, and quick release as criteria. These are purely passing-related, so passer rating is easily the best metric to quantify YOUR (not my) criteria that set the stage for this thread.

Using Pennington was ludicrous on its face due to sheer lack of games. Frankly, I see nothing wrong with Romo in this category, and his career in Dallas is probably most similar to Rodgers career in Green Bay, having had to toil under Wade Phillips and Jason Garrett (and Jerry Jones).

Now, wait a second. You started this thread with deep ball, accuracy, and quick release as criteria. These are purely passing-related, so passer rating is easily the best metric to quantify YOUR (not my) criteria that set the stage for this thread.

Using Pennington was ludicrous on its face due to sheer lack of games. Frankly, I see nothing wrong with Romo in this category, and his career in Dallas is probably most similar to Rodgers career in Green Bay, having had to toil under Wade Phillips and Jason Garrett (and Jerry Jones).
i used it as an example of why I think Rodgers is a better passer than Brees, who share similar items that count. Using the same method and ignoring the obvious to label someone the best ever is, well, unique

And going with the talent surrounding on the other side of the ball when discount double check could eat a sandwich and text Olivia Munn before having to release is equally unique.

But fanatics be fanatics…:ROFLMAO:

Maybe there is a Pats fan who gets it. A tacit admission that a QB actually needs support from others to be effective and win games. There's hope for this discussion yet.

That said, I heard that Rob Gronkowski guy was pretty good.
Gronk
Edelman

Dorsett
Jakobi Meyers
Sanu
Nkeal Harry
Josh gordon
Gunner
AB for 2 or 3 games.

I will Admit AB would have changed the Receivers room if he had lasted on the team but they were lucky he fell into their laps when he shot his way out of Oakland.

So other than the first 2 on the list let me know which one of the remaining other than AB makes most teams.

he had some good receivers like Hogan and Amendola both couldn't stay on the field. Dola was money in the Playoffs but that was about it.

Now if you look at the receivers both Rodgers and Brees had they are far and away better from top to bottom than anything brady had other than Gronk who was the best TE in the league for 5-6 years.

I would take Rodgers over Brees if the game was outside in the cold that is for sure.

Phillip Rivers is NOT a HOF NFL player. I don't care about his yards He was never EVER considered one of the TOP 3 or even Top 5 at any point in his career.
Sorry its the Hall of Fame not the Hall of very good with lots of stats because they played a long time!

Looking at the list they have Rivers ahead of Marino, Elway and Aaron Rodgers that is Nonsense!!!

By most standards todays NFL QB's will put up #s that dwarf guys that played in past decades because the game has changed drastically from the 80's.
Not everyone can be a HOF player!

Last edited:
Well seems like the Rodgers GB thing is over. Not sure this can be resolved without firing the GM.

One part I see in all of this is team dynamics.

Brees has put up some all time great numbers, but, has had some historically terrible defenses. That may have facilitated his need to put up those crazy numbers just to be competitive.And he did.

To flip it though, Brady has benefitted from all time great defenses to carry him to trophies...

Rogers is the better player. Brees was great. Fans of both, but scales tilt in Rogers favor.

So, I read they are both quarterbacks. I think they both must be pretty good at throwing a football.

Rodgers....hands down, no question, without a doubt is/was better than Breeze.

Now, being a Packer fan since I was knee high to a grasshopper will have me a bit biased, but in all honesty, there really is no question. :)

I'm trying not to make a homer pick here, but I really think Rodgers is the more athletic, accurate, and complete quarterback.

Wasn't there a few years there where Brees was throwing 50 times a game? Or am I thinking of someone else? I feel like if you put them in the same type of offense and gave them the same weapons - Rodgers would blow him out of the water.

I agree with peoples sentiment that Rodgers is whiny - he is. But he's also very good at football.

Back